User Tag List

First 123 Last

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

To the OP - I know exactly what you mean. I literally 'live' in my head. When people interrupt that world with something that doesn't 'belong' in it, I get irritated. There are times though, like you said, where I deliberately pull myself out of it, as if coming up for air and new input. Then something else takes my interest and I'm off daydreaming again and want to be left alone.
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I love the idea of sunsets and nature but for many years it was really hard for me to get invested more than a few minutes, my mind doesn't shut up that long... it's always wanting to step outside the moment and examine the experience, not just live it.

I've developed far more ability to shut everything down and just live in the moment without thinking about it, and just be. It's a weird feeling, though, even if it makes nature more enjoyable.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Actually, nature enhances my mind to wander in the world of thoughts and daydreams. I love just driving to this little pocket that has one lone bench overlooking the river, with a big weeping willow tree hanging over the bench. My favourite spot to watch the sun play over the water ripples. I get into a zone then, and my mind wa(o)nders more fervently, than when when I'm *stuck* in the noises of the 'real world' (like people talking, traffic, horns, phones, etc).

My INFJ (who, I was initially unsure whether he was an INTJ) freely admits that the "realities" in his head are way more interesting than actual reality. He is socially awkward cuz of it. I.e., he is very abrupt with people, without realizing its foibles. E.g., after playing soccer, a girl who gave him a ride back was in the middle of the conversation, but, because they had reached his house, in the middle of her speaking, he jumps out, thanks her and leaves. She later told him that he is the weirdest person to talk to because he can very well leave you in mid-sentence (as most times, he's quite bored with you...)...on his part, he doesn't realize it as being rude.

Even his boss says that he will get this irritated glazed look in his eyes, meaning the boss knows that he better speed up AND GET TO THE POINT, because again, hearing others blabber is not my INFJ's specialty. He wants minimum engagement with others and reality, so he can get back to his head.

I think it's the workings of N, and, I would even predict it's more likely Ni than Ne.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I've developed far more ability to shut everything down and just live in the moment without thinking about it(...)It's a weird feeling, though, even if it makes nature more enjoyable.
    Bladder control takes some getting used to.

edit: I really don't know why I'd say that. I blame you for everything.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

I love walking on a sunny day and enjoying the breeze. But i'm usually imagining things my head, thinking on why this and that is happening, trying to find connection on subjects, etc. Basically everything, BUT, enjoying the good weather and the nice sunny day. But, its a fairly relaxing activity, so i enjoy thinking and getting lost in my head while my physical body is in a comfortable setting.

MBTI
    INTP

I don't daydream about nature at all, but I do imagine scenarios, conversations, abilities, etc. that are all much better in my head than when I encounter them in real life, since I can control the variables. Sometimes people disappoint me by being so concerned with mundane things, or I disappoint myself by not being able to perform or think on the spot like I want to. But in my head, everything always works out perfectly.

I actually learned to use this ability by realizing that I could write--take some of the imagined scenarios and dialogue and put them on paper, make something out of them. Of course, I don't do this very often, but it's nice to know I have that ability.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Actually, nature enhances my mind to wander in the world of thoughts and daydreams. I love just driving to this little pocket that has one lone bench overlooking the river, with a big weeping willow tree hanging over the bench. My favourite spot to watch the sun play over the water ripples. I get into a zone then, and my mind wa(o)nders more fervently, than when when I'm *stuck* in the noises of the 'real world' (like people talking, traffic, horns, phones, etc).
    Yeah, this is how I am as well. I have a pretty big hill that I like to climb and sit on where I can just watch the clouds without noise or annoying people bothering me. It seems to refresh my mind and allows for more thorough exploration of all the trains of thought that got interrupted and sidelined throughout the day.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Bladder control takes some getting used to.
    I'll figure it out... so when I piss on you later for being such a goob, you can rest assured I'm doing it on purpose, not by accident.

edit: I really don't know why I'd say that. I blame you for everything.
    The devil stepped out for a century or two, I'm standing in for him.
    (Never let a demon do a woman's job.)

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah, this is how I am as well. I have a pretty big hill that I like to climb and sit on where I can just watch the clouds without noise or annoying people bothering me. It seems to refresh my mind and allows for more thorough exploration of all the trains of thought that got interrupted and sidelined throughout the day.
    That's always good. I usually go down to the river every night in the spring/summer and just watch the water go by and the grass dance in the breeze and all the people go by... (and with this last, I feel like part of society without having to interact).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Perhaps this is more of a N P thing..

Reality (including nature) is like the audience at an improv show. It gives me prompts, but the real show is inside my head.