• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] bosses

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
That's why they are not a manager. If I were hiring or in charge of people, I would want someone who could disagree with me, assert themselves, and yet do their job when it is called for. People who never back talk are slaves and dogs.

Unfortunately that is not how the corporate world works. Some bosses demand total obedience. There is really nothing you can do other than switch to a new job.

I think the important thing to learn is how the company makes money, then put this knowledge to use when you are self-employed.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Just wanted to say Silently Honest loses this thread.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Unfortunately that is not how the corporate world works. Some bosses demand total obedience. There is really nothing you can do other than switch to a new job.

I think the important thing to learn is how the company makes money, then put this knowledge to use when you are self-employed.

That might be how it works at the lower levels of a corporation where people slave away, but in my experience the upper echelons are staffed with people who know enough to look after themselves first and foremost. You can't kneel and kowtow your way to the top.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Well, thats why i try to skip and work at different companies as much as possible. eveery company has a strategy of making money, once you grasp that strategy, it is time to say goodbye.

I work to learn about the company's secrets rather than aiming for a particular position. Because you can get fired no matter what position you are in.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Valid point. Unfortunately, as an entrepreneur, you wouldn't have the bulk of a corporate body to take a hit if you fucked up. There are ups-and-downs both for working in and out of the system.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
That's why they are not a manager. If I were hiring or in charge of people, I would want someone who could disagree with me, assert themselves, and yet do their job when it is called for. People who never back talk are slaves and dogs.

I'm referring to this:

You mess up. Manager says 'its unacceptable', which it is. He's right about what he says, but he's a dick about it. How do you reply to him after you've just messed up your job?

Is there something about being a boss that makes it ok to tell someone to sweep and then watch them do it? In fact, this woman wasn't the boss--she was just responsible for closing for the night. (I wait tables)

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Don't do it. She has no authority to say this. If you are woirking in a restaurant, you have nothing to gain by following orders.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ok, and the girl didn't clean her section, so the closer made her do it and watched. I watched it happen.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Kinda both. You mess up. Foolish mistake. Manager says 'its unacceptable', which it is. He's right about what he says, but he's a dick about it. How do you reply to him after you've just messed up your job?

I'd usually just take it calmly. Then over the next few days, I'd do something to sabotage him/her personally, or sabotage business by doing a shite job. Passive-aggressive, I know, but I almost can't help myself. Often these are things that I've thought of doing beforehand, but waited for an excuse to do (such as being yelled at or harassed by the manager). Needless to say, I'm not really cut out for such work. Either that or I'm idiotically arrogant and rebellious, and I'll never get anywhere in life because of it.