User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default NT Operating System choice

Here's a question I was wondering: What type of OS do you use for your computer? Windows, Mac, Linux, Open BSD, your own creation, etc.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I was raised on Windows but I'm starting to really appreciate Macs a lot. Most of my friends are using them now, and I work in music, so they're pretty much ubiquitous in local studios and such now. (Garage Band is amazing on its own, not to mention Pro Tools, Logic, etc.)

I still have XP on my laptop at home, and have recently been trying to get it to communicate with my brother's Vista laptop, with mixed results. Suffice it to say, Vista blows and I like the direction Apple is heading a lot more (though I haven't bought any of their i-gadgets. Say, do any other ENTPs get slightly nonplussed when new technology comes out which renders some system or other that we feel clever about having invented obsolete, and then kind of subconsciously refuse to make the effort to use it?...But then later try it and love it half the time?) /Ne rant

I've never really used Linux or any other OSs, but I have a couple INTP friends who do. They say it's the shit, but I don't really use a computer for enough different things anymore to really consider looking into it worth the effort.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Since Vista fucked up my C Path directories to the compiler, I am waiting for win 7 to fix that error.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Windows NT is fairly outdated. Newer versions of Windows such as Vista are based on Windows NT rather than the Windows 9x codebase.

You'd seriously be better off using some version of Linux, Windows XP, or Windows Vista, if your computer is at all modern.

EDIT: Nevermind... I was thinking about the wrong kind of NT.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

lol Windows NT users, plz upgrade to Windows SP, kthx.

--microsoftz
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    You'd seriously be better off using some version of Linux, Windows XP, or Windows Vista, if your computer is at all modern.
    My graphics adapter even needs to be plugged in directly into the power supply. Thats supposed to make me SP in a nutshell ?!

MBTI
    ISTP

I'm running 5 computers at home. 3 are windows xp pro, 1 is vista, 1 is ubuntu.

I'm likely to retask the vista to ubuntu once I am able to transfer the ~1tb of information I have on it to the network (they tend to run only .5tb so each). It's a media player, but I've heard of some pretty bad issues with the nvidia drivers for my card (which escapes me ATM - 8800GTX, I think. That was a while back though. Its' connected to my HD TV, and since I stream 1080 to it, I need to be sure that mplayer/drivers can handle the load. It's rough enough inside windows already with VLC. The other ubuntu computer just got wiped - it's going to be a development platform for a series of projects, I think. It's underpowered for much else, but I want to work through some custom home automation electronics, as well as a wii project (which Microsoft just blew out of the water at E3, but whatever, proof of concept first). The two XPs are mostly for playing games, running photoshop and cad programs... and schoolwork, of course. I'm not happy with them because I can't find a good way to run chron jobs to backup to my external hardrives (which won't work with my old ubuntu box - no USB 2.0, should work when I get my media player going).

Oh... Right... NTs. Nevermind.

MBTI
    ENTP

lol no worries if you aren't an NT...

I built my latest computer (which I have to admit, the whole process was fun). It runs Vista, to which I like for right now, looking forward to Windows 7.

I've ran Linux with distros being Ubuntu, Slackware, Arch, Mandrivia, Xandros.

I was interested in what NT's had for an operating system, because ENTP's are classified as nonconformists, and I wanted to see what they used, lol. But the other replies are informative as well.

MBTI
    ENTP

Mac with VMWare and Windows XP and Ubuntu!
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

To me to have a different operating system is too nerdy. I think most of all ENTPs are very pragmatic.

But I could be totally wrong too.