First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    ... I remember seeing something about Fe being the function that ENTPs revert to when people start to disengage from them, which results in them wanting to be liked by others more or something? ...
    For me, it has nothing to do with being liked.

I don't revert to anything. It's just there. If someone is in trouble, I want to help. If I think I can help most by not speaking, I'll do that. If I think my opinion can help, I'll give it. If I've committed to someone, I keep my commitment.

If there is no one in need of anything, there's nothing for my Fe to do.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

If anything, it has more to do with my own arrogance in thinking I'm the one who can help.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    For me, it has nothing to do with being liked.

I don't revert to anything. It's just there. If someone is in trouble, I want to help. If I think I can help most by not speaking, I'll do that. If I think my opinion can help, I'll give it. If I've committed to someone, I keep my commitment.

If there is no one in need of anything, there's nothing for my Fe to do.
    That makes a great deal of sense, I do exactly the same I think , I didn't know that was Fe? Would an Fi do this?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    That makes a great deal of sense, I do exactly the same I think , I didn't know that was Fe? Would an Fi do this?

I have no Fi whatsoever. I mean, I guess everyone has to, but mine is pathetic.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I'm not doubting your lack of Fi, I'm doubting mine , but there's a fair mix of curiosity in there too. I think Fi would probably do the same if it lined up with their moral values.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Maybe ENTP Fe is there as a result of what we've decided is the most logical way to live our lives.

I see plenty to dislike about the world, for instance. But it seems illogical to dwell on that instead of just doing what I can to change it. What's the point of whining about the way things are?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I can see where you are coming from. Having ESTJ and ESFJ parents made me keep a cap on the Ne and become more Si when a kid i think so I developed Ti and Si more and the Ne didn't show as much on the outside though it was there. I think the Si more than the Fe made me care about right and wrong and what was expected and made me quieter.

However I've noticed that as I let my Ne flourish i've found myself caring about how other feel more and generally being more aware of others feelings. Its less about right and wrong and more about actually enjoying helping others to develop.

I don't think your going haywire just going through a sort of mental puberty of Fe.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Yup. I've been called an ENFP numerous times by other NTs because what's 'right' matters to me as much as what is correct. The difference for me is deciding to care about what's 'right' is clearly a choice for me.
    Maybe ENTP Fe is there as a result of what we've decided is the most logical way to live our lives.
    +1000

I have very little Fi, things just don't affect me. But I have a strong Fe, which I take to be a sense of ethics. I defend the little guy often. But ironically, it's not because I care about the actual little guy, it's because the injustice itself bothers me. But of course, I am the sole decider of what is ethical and just. It has to make reasonable, logical sense - it's not based on how I feel about something, per se - it has to be a well reasoned and fair argument.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    +1000

I have very little Fi, things just don't affect me. But I have a strong Fe, which I take to be a sense of ethics. I defend the little guy often. But ironically, it's not because I care about the actual little guy, it's because the injustice itself bothers me. But of course, I am the sole decider of what is ethical and just. It has to make reasonable, logical sense - it's not based on how I feel about something, per se - it has to be a well reasoned and fair argument.
    You have no clue about Fe

You live it but you dont feel it
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You have no clue about Fe

You live it but you dont feel it
    You're right, I have no clue about it. I came on this site to learn more, but I don't think I have. Please educate me - I beg of you. (I am being genuine)