• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do you think about death often?

Do you think about death often?

• Yes

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Do you think about death often. I think about it almost everyday. People who think about death do not waste time with their lives.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes. But it has no bearing on my accomplishments. If anything it makes me realize the ultimate futility of them.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Most days, fleetingly.

Then something freakin' stupid will happen. For instance, we lost a first-term graduate student two days after Christmas in a car accident.

Then I dwell on it for a week or two.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
almost never.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, all the time, what a great character!

bogus.jpg

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Yes. Not my own. Most of the time just "death in itself". Happens a lot when I walk by a church...or something religious.

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
No, not really very often at all. Which is strange, considering my profession.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Death is the most important thing imaginable, and I think about it a great deal. Not my own death, though: just death in itself, like Dwigie described.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
umm...no?

why do you?

actually i sometimes think bout the future and then think what if i got hit by a bus tommorow..there go all the plans i made...doesnt happen too often though

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Hrm. Now that I think about it, that's a really hard question for me to answer.

As a child, I thought about death constantly because it was the great unknown, the great ending, the thing that was omnipresent, ever-looming over me that took my safety away. I could try hiding from death behind my naivete and the belief that my mother was a superhero who would protect me from anything, but nonetheless, I deep down knew that death could penetrate my security blanket and take that which is most important to me away. I found death incredibly depressing and hard to deal with. It didn't make any sense. Why did things have to die? Why is it that life must end? I'll uselessly clutch onto life until my last breath because it's the only thing I know. Any promise of an afterlife was irrelevant. What use is an afterlife if I'm already alive? Why have a life at all though if there's an afterlife? Why not just start from the perspective of the afterlife and live in perpetual joy? These kinds of thoughts would always plague me. If I died, would I be separated from my mom? If she died, what would become of me? I remember that on my first day of school, on the way to kindergarten, I was crying, not because I was sad or afraid of going to school, but because I was afraid of dying.

I do not associate death with the fear I used to. I've come to accept my ignorance of death and the afterlife, so I no longer pay as much attention to death as I used to since I've gotten over my crippling obsession with it. I may think about death less often. I may think about it just the same but may not be as strongly effected as I used to be. In either case, death leaves much less of an impression on me as it used to, causing me to believe that I must think about it less... It's puzzling because I can't actually think of how often I think about death to quantify it, and thus feel I should not answer the poll.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
no, i rarely think about death. it does not seem interesting to me. i don't mean that in a callous way, it just does not hold my interest.