• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people seem to dislike INTJs?

RenaiReborn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Logically, I don't see much of a reason for it, except that perhaps people get too emotionally distraught over our cold humor? Maybe we're a bit biting in our wit, but I don't think we deserve the reputation of being cold, hostile, completely emotionless, analytical, and evil. :(

Slightly cold, a bit maniacal, repressive, controlling, logical, maybe.

Thoughts?

invaderzim

MBTI Type
INFJ
cause intj are annoying, know- it -alls.
why is that you can't agree with the fact there are multiple right answers or right ways to approach a situations??? why??!!

The only way an INTJ will admit they are wrong is if you can prove that your thought process is more "logical" than theirs. But the INTJ always "believes" they are the most logical. Therefore they can never be wrong.

So the only answer is to over whelm them with emotional ranting. But then they see you as overly emotional and unfit to make logical decisions.

OMG INTJ drive me so crazy.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Because they're so cold. People like people who are warm, and INTJ's aren't. INTJ's are interesting though, but they have to avoid turning people off long enough for another to get to know them.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
The only way an INTJ will admit they are wrong is if you can prove that your thought process is more "logical" than theirs. But the INTJ always "believes" they are the most logical. Therefore they can never be wrong.

That's not true. INTPs are the most logical, and they piss me off with their incessant need to break down and explain everything.

Also, quit being such a crybaby, invaderzim.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Because they're so cold. People like people who are warm, and INTJ's aren't. INTJ's are interesting though, but they have to avoid turning people off long enough for another to get to know them.

We're not cold.

By the way, weren't you planning to kill yourself or something? What's the hold up?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I love INTJs. You guys have a sharp sense of humor. And you guys have a massive ego that rivals an ENTPs. It's endearing though. It's true though about never ever being able to admit that you are wrong... A very defensive lot, you are.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
into it's avatar looks like a ghetto condom wrapper.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Slightly cold, a bit maniacal, repressive, controlling, logical, maybe.

Thoughts?

I actually think that INTPs are the most "cold" of us NTs, and definitely the most logical.

All that Fi you xNTJs carry make you bristle when challenged and super defensive, which is very emotional. And it's the kind of defensive that lashes out and tries to belittle the opponent, rather than debate the topic at hand.

(and digest is right. those are baby making condoms, if you ask me...)

invaderzim

MBTI Type
INFJ
INTPs are the most logical, and they piss me off with their incessant need to break down and explain everything

Ahh, this is good to know. Next, time I'm trying to prove a point to my INTJ i'll use an INTP- interpreter.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Why? cuz INTJs are rude, boring, dissmissive and insensitive! They're like intuitng ISTPs but even worse because they actually have a large enough vocabulary to cut you down with.

the "tunnel vision" thing is lame, too. I could go on but you get it !

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I love INTJs. You guys have a sharp sense of humor. And you guys have a massive ego that rivals an ENTPs. It's endearing though. It's true though about never ever being able to admit that you are wrong... A very defensive lot, you are.

nuff said

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't dislike INTJs. I don't understand them very well, but I don't dislike them, not as a group anyway.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ahh, this is good to know. Next, time I'm trying to prove a point to my INTJ i'll use an INTP- interpreter.

What in the world makes you believe that INTPs can interpret your NF jibber-jabber?