• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people seem to dislike INTJs?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They're einzelgängers ;)

But given the right circumstances they don't have to like each other, but they will respect each others skills and get the job done in no time.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
*reads whole thread*
Wow, this thread was meant to teach me what people don't like about us. But what I really learned is, that we shouldn't mix with ENTPs ever; and with INTPs just carefully. Thanks for that.

Then again...If I thought that, I'd be nothing better than some of the people here who like to use stereotypes (Thanks, INTJ forum. Now I know why I never liked you) and who like tho *proof* that their type is best. And I actually am not interested in that at all.

This whole "My type is better because..." debate? It's bull. Because no type is *better than the other*. They all have their flaws and advantages. And what I likes least about this thread, is that all the people of one type get thrown in the same pot / drawer. "All xxxx are this and that".
In my personal opinion this is assy and immature. I'd welcome it if people would say "SOME xxxx" or "The xxxx I have met are...". Because those catfights (see around page 10+ of this thread) are stupid. I mean what the Hell. Where are we? Forums are supposed to be fun in the first place. The most funny thing is, that some of you people complain that the INTJs on the INTJf are upthight and whatnot (which is true, yes); but exactly those complaining persons are acting the very same here. Awesome.

I am here in this thread to learn / hear about what people dislike about us. Not to read debates about which MBTI type is best (and many of the posts in here translate to exactly that, unfortunately). Because those debates are pointless. None is the best. Or alternatively: all are.

Now if you want go ahead and tear my post apart. Or Hell, even better: ignore it. But those are my honest thoughts about all this.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*reads whole thread*
Wow, this thread was meant to teach me what people don't like about us. But what I really learned is, that we shouldn't mix with ENTPs ever; and with INTPs just carefully. Thanks for that.

Wow, I know one that is just awesome. I thought ENTPs and INTJs were somewhat complementary? He is self typed though, I think he may be some other type (possible extrovert). We go on random tangents and create epic conversations based on philosophy, puns, and caustic espionage. :D

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Of course we are stereotyping, this is a typology site... I have no problem with INTJs, in fact I love them. Having a disagreement in terms doesn't mean that we don't get along. Everyone disagrees sometimes - no biggie. But if you can't take the heat, perhaps it is better to avoid us. I don't care one way or the other. :hug:

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
But if you can't take the heat, perhaps it is better to avoid us. I don't care one way or the other. :hug:
I just had a relationship with an ENTP. So much for me not being able to take the heat. Heh. ;)
Attention, stereotype: Eeek, did you just hug me? :tongue:

Of course we are stereotyping, this is a typology site.
Yep, I know. But some people really exaggerate it. Mostly thanks to the INTJf. :D

Oh, I actually have another idea about "What I don't like about my own *species*": The INTJ forum. Haha, Just kidding. =P

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
INTJ's wear glasses.

I hate glasses.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The most funny thing is, that some of you people complain that the INTJs on the INTJf are upthight and whatnot (which is true, yes); but exactly those complaining persons are acting the very same here. Awesome.

It'd be lovely if you'd actually name "some of those" people you're talking about.

ETA: Wait, I've changed my mind. I don't care.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*reads whole thread*
Wow, this thread was meant to teach me what people don't like about us. But what I really learned is, that we shouldn't mix with ENTPs ever

Actually, I have a lot of respect for most of the INTJs I know. They're really impressive people in a lot of ways, and certainly near the top of the list of who I'd choose if I had to live on a desert island with one MBTI type forever.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya, at least they get all the pervert jokes :D

Jaguar

"To everyone who met him, John Wayne Gacy seemed a likable and affable man.
He was widely respected in the community, charming and easy to get along with."

That "charming" and "likable" guy, killed 33 people.

Somehow I don't think Gacy was an NT.

juggernaut

Permabanned
I was speaking figuratively, but in fairness to the Es, I'm probably not one. None of the ENTJ descriptions have ever really fit very well, save the lack of regard for other people's feelings. That, however, seems to be one of the features shared by the ENTJs and INTJs.

I feel somewhat guilty (like a defector or something...odd isn't that?) forfeiting the E as it was the first result I got when I took the MBTI test as an adult. I haven't come up as anything other than an INTJ since then however...perhaps it's time to let the old "e" go. I truly suck as an ENTJ.