User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 202

  1. #81
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    ^ Gotto love that sarcasm as well
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KristenSnowdeal View Post
    I actually get along with other NTJ's better. Soul-bunny? Well. Maybe. I've not come into contact with NTP's that I know of. Maybe they'll tell me I have a soul bunny. I hope they do. BUNNY STEW!
    well yes, i meant among the people that stay outside your circle of readily friendliness

  3. #83
    Wannabe genius Splittet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    I still believe that you don't have the level of understanding that I do in these specific areas (namely cell biology and biochemistry), and you haven't refuted that.
    When one wants to predict future understanding of the human body and mind one needs a much broader perspective than that. It's especially important to see the development of medical science in relationship to the development of information technology, which is exponential. Further more one must take the development of nano technology heavily into consideration, which will among other things, be the foundation for continued exponential growth of information technology and revolutionize materials.
    "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." - Wolfgang Amad Mozart

  4. #84
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Man, this is hilarious. Are NTPs seriously telling INTJs that they're hurtful in their wording? Ohh, the irony
    It is a clash in how we both search for truth. INTjs tend to dismiss boundless discussion if they do not think it is remotely realistic. From an NP/NTP point of view, they can appear to stifle imagination and creativity. Nonsequiter's comment does just that.

    However, from the NJ/NTJ point of view, discussing something that is obviously not the case and inherently flawed or unrealistic is pointless. To them, it's akin to someone arguing that the sun really does revolve around the earth. No time should be spent on its discussion at all.

    The goal is the same, just the method is completely different.



  5. #85
    / nonsequitur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so
    Posts
    1,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KristenSnowdeal View Post
    Nonsequitur- Careful, they may interpret your careful dissection and explanation of statements as a threatening action. The clinical way in which you analyze things may come across as...COLD.
    ... cold? Me? NO WAI.

  6. #86
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    I still believe that you don't have the level of understanding that I do in these specific areas (namely cell biology and biochemistry), and you haven't refuted that

    So you say that I'm trying to hurt you, and you don't see it as bullying. That is what I don't get. I am addressing two separate things that you said here

    They would be elegant and amazing IF they worked. Problem is that they don't, because the situation is a lot more complex. Said NPs would've realised that if he/she hadn't been overly-excited by the idea and done more reading of the literature (a LOT of NP supervisors have this problem, and I chose an ENTP supervisor precisely because I wanted a lot of enthusiasm, which I lack, and realised that we would be a complementary fit).

    I didn't make any assumptions on your education level... I was addressing your understanding of specific topics, as above.
    I'm not going to run around in circles with you.
    I already stated that I would not have made my original statement had I not thoroughly researched and thought about it. So yes, I did refute that. If you want to go point by point on this particular topic, please feel free to PM me. You stated that you believe me to have no knowledge on the subject, which is in direct contradiction to my educational level on the subject. And it seems like you dismiss ENTPs in general, so there is no point to go any further with this argument.

    The above phrases about hurt were examples to illustrate the point. I didn't think I needed to spell it out. I already apologized for speculating on your intent, but it seemed like that second response was meant to demean, while the first was just an innocent dismissal.

    Also from New Oxford American Dictionary:

    naive |n???v| (also nave)
    adjective
    (of a person or action) showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment : the rather naive young man had been totally misled.
    (of a person) natural and unaffected; innocent : Andy had a sweet, naive look when he smiled.
    of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

    More colloquially, from wiktionary:

    Lacking experience, wisdom, or judgment; Produced in a simple, childlike style, deliberately rejecting sophisticated techniques

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KristenSnowdeal View Post
    Nonsequitur- Careful, they may interpret your careful dissection and explanation of statements as a threatening action. The clinical way in which you analyze things may come across as...COLD.
    its ok...we realize forked tongues have their uses...thats good enough reason to keep 'em around

    limited in its scope, but useful nonetheless

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Did I say anything that was vicious?
    Did I say you did? You may not be vicious, but the ENTPs I know in real life could hardly be called "kind" souls. I have a very dear friend that almost got himself killed a few short months ago because he couldn't keep his big, mean ENTP mouth shut. I love the man dearly but I know he is a bully, like many of the ENTPs on this forum.

    Do you think it is acceptable for you to make generalizations about INTJs when you are unwilling to hear them made in reference to ENTPs? That certainly doesn't strike me as very NT. If you're going to say things like "INTJs are (x)" or "INTJs do (y)", you ought to be prepared to entertain the same treatment of ENTPs.

  9. #89
    Allergic to Mornings ergophobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    I the INTJs in my life. They are wonderfully smart and warm and socially awkward. One INTJ friend is just one of my favorite people in the world. He's more laid back than the NTPs I know, knows a heck of a lot on the subjects he cares about and always shares what he knows. He also listens carefully and is less interested in debate/argument than learning about the subject.

    I like both methods of getting closer to the truth. I am naturally inclined towards the NTP death match method, being an ENXP but I also dig the mellow knowledge sharing.

    His favorite subject is beer so it's actually quite handy having him around. :-) He also has the coolest hobbies and is rather accomplished in many areas. I like INTJs. I'd like to have more around.

  10. #90
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    I'd like a distinction to be made between actually smart and funny intjs (whom I love) and people who simply came too close to ending up autistic\are far far less smart than they think they are.

    Just like people shouldn't confuse entps with intps with add, or something.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Similar Threads

  1. Why do people love to hate Kristen Stewart?
    By gromit in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 07:20 PM
  2. Why do people want to drag you down to their incompetence?
    By Lily flower in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 12:18 AM
  3. Why do people learn to read?
    By Lateralus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 04:42 AM
  4. [INTJ] Why do people Pretend to be INTJ's?
    By Dominicus Griswold in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 10:58 PM
  5. [INTJ] Why do a lot of people seem to have lots of negative views about INTJs?
    By bai_lin83 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO