User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 202

  1. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Man, this is hilarious. Are NTPs seriously telling INTJs that they're hurtful in their wording? Ohh, the irony

    lawl

    difference is NTP's reputation/demeanor/fluff-surrounding-the-convo negates most of the bluntness and dislike

    no such luck with the intj...them fuckers are too to-the-point for half the word to understand them correctly...

    its like they are speaking a foreign language. unless the listener understands what language the INTJ is speaking, they won't know what language dictionary to use...imagine the confusion when the listener THINKS they know what language the INTJ is speaking
    shit prepped up to hit the fan? i think so...

  2. #72
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    No, I get that Jeno, it's just...it's funny to see how different wording can irk different people. I mean, personally, I find NTP wording a lot of the time a lot harder to take than NTJ wording. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love interacting with NTPs as well as they're hilarious and those conversations yield great insights, but they tend to exhaust me more because of their wording. Whereas I usually can easily see why an INTJ would word something the way they do without being offended by it.

    I would love to get to the bottom of this and find out why it is that certain types find other types less offensive and more importantly, how we can do something about it. From what I've seen it's NTPs and NFJs that have probs with the wording of NTJs and NFPs and maybe NTJs (?) that find the wording of NTPs sometimes harsh to take, though this is a gross generalization and depends of course on the experiences with either balanced or unbalanced people.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  3. #73
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    Perhaps it is a wording issue. I didn't give much thought to the wording, to be quite honest. The impatience was the overriding factor.
    Yes. My original point. Lack of Fe, perhaps?

    Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    lawl

    difference is NTP's reputation/demeanor/fluff-surrounding-the-convo negates most of the bluntness and dislike

    no such luck with the intj...them fuckers are too to-the-point for half the word to understand them correctly...
    To me, blunt is not hurtful. I don't mind someone being blunt at all. It's the attacks on character, rather than the issue, that is the main difference between the xNTJ vs xNTP style. At least in my opinion.

  4. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    NTPs and NTJs get along failry well because, more often than not, NTPs readily give the INTJ benefit of the doubt and usually able to see past the wall INTJs erect for their pink soul-bunny

    [i should expand on this...maybe later]

    but there are times when the NTPs just stop giving a shit cuz the NTJ never bothered too and tell them to fuck off

  5. #75
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    No, I get that Jeno, it's just...it's funny to see how different wording can irk different people. I mean, personally, I find NTP wording a lot of the time a lot harder to take than NTJ wording.
    I hear ya. But for me, it's not about the wording - it's the context of the words. I guess I stand from a distance when I talk about issues and I feel that saying negative things about the person, thus trying to draw me in closer, is fighting dirty and distracting from the topic at hand. But it takes a lot more than a few words to get me offended.

    Perhaps xNTJs are easier for you because of shared Fi?

  6. #76
    Senior Member RenaiReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    NTPs and NTJs get along failry well because, more often than not, NTPs readily give the INTJ benefit of the doubt and usually able to see past the wall INTJs erect for their pink soul-bunny
    I actually get along with other NTJ's better. Soul-bunny? Well. Maybe. I've not come into contact with NTP's that I know of. Maybe they'll tell me I have a soul bunny. I hope they do. BUNNY STEW!

  7. #77
    / nonsequitur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    You said people who think this are naive, which indicates childlike. You also said that I could not have the level of understanding that you have, which questions my point of reference.
    Naive does not mean childlike.

    (from the American heritage dictionary):
    naivet or navet (n?'?v-t?', n'-, n?-?'v?-t?', n-)
    n.
    The state or quality of being inexperienced or unsophisticated, especially in being artless, credulous, or uncritical.
    The context that I meant it in was "uncritical", "unsophisticated" and "inexperienced". I still believe that you don't have the level of understanding that I do in these specific areas (namely cell biology and biochemistry), and you haven't refuted that. I didn't address or put down your point of reference because I don't know what it is. I simply made a comment with regards to the concept.

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I realize this and that's why I stated that others may see this as bullying, even if I don't.

    It's not that difficult really. If someone tries to hurt you and they fail, can you then say that there was no effort to do so? It was merely a failed attempt. Perhaps I was wrong for assuming your intentions, and for that I apologize, but my statement is not confusing.
    So you say that I'm trying to hurt you, and you don't see it as bullying. That is what I don't get. I am addressing two separate things that you said here:

    (first bit)
    "It was, in fact, meant to demean. It was meant to show your knowledge over mine and to imply that my thought process was childlike. "
    (second bit)
    "I don't see it as a put down, because I wasn't put down."
    That was what was confusing me.

    Now this is a confusing statement. If they work wouldn't they have a basis in reality?
    They would be elegant and amazing IF they worked. Problem is that they don't, because the situation is a lot more complex. Said NPs would've realised that if he/she hadn't been overly-excited by the idea and done more reading of the literature (a LOT of NP supervisors have this problem, and I chose an ENTP supervisor precisely because I wanted a lot of enthusiasm, which I lack, and realised that we would be a complementary fit).

    Your opinions are always appreciated and welcomed, at least by me. Your assumptions on my educational level, however, are not. If you still fail to see my point, then I have nothing else to add.
    I didn't make any assumptions on your education level... I was addressing your understanding of specific topics, as above.

  8. #78
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    What is this balderdash about INTJs being less than lovable & cuddly?

    C'mon. Group hug.


  9. #79
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Yeah I was thinking that. Apparently it's not that easy to get Fe and Fi to bridge the gap.

    For me its the blatant judgementalism and sense of superiority that I perceive to come through the wording of NTPs as well as the constant misinterpretations/assumptions and judgements based on those that are very draining. Somehow I don't have that with NTJs. They actually take in what you're saying, and give it back to you first to see if they understood it right.I recognize this, coz I do the same (which then in turn irks NTPs sometimes, I've noticed), and I greatly appreciate it, as it assures we're talking about the same thing in the same way. And yes, they state things very bluntly, but crystal clear and in a rather detached manner, which ime softens the blow. You can tell that they didn't mean to offend you because of that, they're just stating their thoughts. The very fact that they're willing to give it a lot of thought, means you're worthy of their time which is a compliment in itself And as long as you don't repeat yourself, they're very interested in hearing your point of view so they can fit it into their own world view if it turns out to be valuable.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  10. #80
    Senior Member RenaiReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Nonsequitur- Careful, they may interpret your careful dissection and explanation of statements as a threatening action. The clinical way in which you analyze things may come across as...COLD.

Similar Threads

  1. Why do people love to hate Kristen Stewart?
    By gromit in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 07:20 PM
  2. Why do people want to drag you down to their incompetence?
    By Lily flower in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 12:18 AM
  3. Why do people learn to read?
    By Lateralus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 04:42 AM
  4. [INTJ] Why do people Pretend to be INTJ's?
    By Dominicus Griswold in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 10:58 PM
  5. [INTJ] Why do a lot of people seem to have lots of negative views about INTJs?
    By bai_lin83 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO