User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ardent15 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken INTJ is the type most commonly associated with psychopathy. Maybe that has something to do with it?
    Source please.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Athenian, stop leaking angst-juice all over the thread. This is about why people seem to hate INTJs, not why you can't understand the people around you.

What evidence do we have that people don't like INTJs, anyway? The fact that so many villains seem to be them, for so long? That in so many self-help publications, we're told that we're exactly how we should not be like?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    It was, in fact, meant to demean. It was meant to show your knowledge over mine and to imply that my thought process was childlike. You of course are under the assumption that I have no point of reference and that I would dare make a claim that I myself had not put a lot of research and thought into. And again, you are trying to drive the point home by implying that I need to read more and stop talking out of my ass. It's fine that you do that - I don't care. But don't pretend as if you're not doing it.

I don't see it as a put down, because I wasn't put down. I have no reason to be. Believe me, I don't take things personally - especially not from strangers on the internet.

I've already explained that I like INTJs, but to others who may not be as strong minded as I am, you guys can come off as bullies. And you do that by making statements like the one you used in response to me.

No one would think you to be an unpleasant person if you simply said something like: "I've done a lot of research in this field and came to the conclusion that this is impossible. What are your reasons for thinking the contrary?"
    While I certainly won't dispute that (I can think of one or two INTJs myself that I wouldn't mind having a word with irl), I've heard precisely the same said of ENTPs. The only NT that doesn't regularly get labeled a "bully" is the INTP and I suspect that's primarily because most people don't have a clue what the hell the INTPs are saying (including other INTPs). Some of the most vicious attacks on these boards have come from ENTPs. Might this be a case of the pot calling the kettle black?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

+1
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

It was, in fact, meant to demean. It was meant to show your knowledge over mine and to imply that my thought process was childlike. You of course are under the assumption that I have no point of reference and that I would dare make a claim that I myself had not put a lot of research and thought into. And again, you are trying to drive the point home by implying that I need to read more and stop talking out of my ass. It's fine that you do that - I don't care. But don't pretend as if you're not doing it.
    That is what you extrapolated on your own. I made no mention of childlike thought process, or of your point of reference. I simply said that people who thought something like that could not have any understanding of cell biology or biochemistry. Was I wrong? Did you consider the subject in that context?

Don't project what I meant to do. I may be thoughtless and impatient, but I have never sought to hurt people.

I don't see it as a put down, because I wasn't put down. I have no reason to be. Believe me, I don't take things personally - especially not from strangers on the internet.

I've already explained that I like INTJs, but to others who may not be as strong minded as I am, you guys can come off as bullies. And you do that by making statements like the one you used in response to me.

No one would think you to be an unpleasant person if you simply said something like: "I've done a lot of research in this field and came to the conclusion that this is impossible. What are your reasons for thinking the contrary?"
    Funny, you say that you don't see it as a put-down, but you say above that I MEANT to be demeaning. So... I tried to put you down and you didn't see it as a put down, but you still saw me trying to put you down? How confusing.

I like NPs as people, I'm surrounded by them at work. But I tend to get impatient with them because they tend to be a little unrealistic about things. Many of them get absorbed in ideas that sound elegant and amazing (if they work), but actually have no basis in reality.

I make a policy of not interfering with them, and maybe that's why I'm not thought of as an unpleasant person. I also tend to keep my thoughts to myself because even though I'm often proven right, I realise that my opinions are not appreciated. They come across as buckets of cold water.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    That is what you extrapolated on your own. I made no mention of childlike thought process, or of your point of reference. I simply said that people who thought something like that could not have any understanding of cell biology or biochemistry. Was I wrong? Did you consider the subject in that context?

Don't project what I meant to do. I may be thoughtless and impatient, but I have never sought to hurt people.
    That statement. You may see it as a simple statement open to debate, but the wording makes it seem as if you are arrogant and not open to discussion about it.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Man, this is hilarious. Are NTPs seriously telling INTJs that they're hurtful in their wording? Ohh, the irony
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFJ

I dunno.

There are people who think I'm evil and mean for trying to get to the freaking point and make everyone focus because we're supposed to be doing something important.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    That statement. You may see it as a simple statement open to debate, but the wording makes it seem as if you are arrogant and not open to discussion about it.
    Perhaps it is a wording issue. I didn't give much thought to the wording, to be quite honest. The impatience was the overriding factor.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Some of the most vicious attacks on these boards have come from ENTPs. Might this be a case of the pot calling the kettle black?
    Did I say anything that was vicious?

You said people who think this are naive, which indicates childlike. You also said that I could not have the level of understanding that you have, which questions my point of reference.

I may be thoughtless and impatient, but I have never sought to hurt people.
    I realize this and that's why I stated that others may see this as bullying, even if I don't.

Funny, you say that you don't see it as a put-down, but you say above that I MEANT to be demeaning. So... I tried to put you down and you didn't see it as a put down, but you still saw me trying to put you down? How confusing.
    It's not that difficult really. If someone tries to hurt you and they fail, can you then say that there was no effort to do so? It was merely a failed attempt. Perhaps I was wrong for assuming your intentions, and for that I apologize, but my statement is not confusing.

I like NPs as people, I'm surrounded by them at work. But I tend to get impatient with them because they tend to be a little unrealistic about things. Many of them get absorbed in ideas that sound elegant and amazing (if they work), but actually have no basis in reality.
    Now this is a confusing statement. If they work wouldn't they have a basis in reality?

I make a policy of not interfering with them, and maybe that's why I'm not thought of as an unpleasant person. I also tend to keep my thoughts to myself because even though I'm often proven right, I realise that my opinions are not appreciated. They come across as buckets of cold water.
    Your opinions are always appreciated and welcomed, at least by me. Your assumptions on my educational level, however, are not. If you still fail to see my point, then I have nothing else to add.

Amargith: I did not say that I thought her words were hurtful, I was just illustrating how others may think so. This thread posed the question, which I answered - with an example.