User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by KristenSnowdeal View Post
    INTJ's don't necessarily "dislike" most people, simply don't view them as useful. Having little in common with other people, that makes sense. Egocentric? No. That is an individual type of characteristic- but introversion does lead to knowing oneself better than others.
    I am talking about average tendencies, and based on that, one cannot say every INTJ is such and such. If you interpret me that way, you interpret me wrong. On average, INTJs like other people less than the the average person. As far as egocentricity goes, in comes from the T. F is more or less the same as Big Five agreeableness, and the opposite of agreeableness is egocentricity.

Sample Agreeableness items

* I am interested in people.
    * I feel others’ emotions.
    * I have a soft heart.
    * I make people feel at ease.
    * I sympathize with others’ feelings.
    * I take time out for others.
    * I am not interested in other people’s problems. (reversed)
    * I am not really interested in others. (reversed)
    * I feel little concern for others. (reversed)
    * I insult people. (reversed)[7]
    Agreeableness leads to being likable, and being low on it, means liking and caring less for others, and it makes you less likable.
    "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." - Wolfgang Amadé Mozart

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Logically, I don't see much of a reason for it, except that perhaps people get too emotionally distraught over our cold humor? Maybe we're a bit biting in our wit, but I don't think we deserve the reputation of being cold, hostile, completely emotionless, analytical, and evil.

Slightly cold, a bit maniacal, repressive, controlling, logical, maybe.

Thoughts?
    I don't have a problem with INTJ's as a personality at all. I think I get along with XNTJ's as a whole, probably because I have several of the same traits. However, I have been pondering whether it is a choice (of a few here) to think their lack of extroverted feeling is freedom to not have a heart at all, or if they truly lack both introverted and extroverted feeling which results in your latter description.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I always have to laugh at this "I-don't-have-a-heart" stuff (I saw this mentioned in INTJ posts, at least two or three occasions). It's so lame - and totally illogical, which doesn't really fit the NT temperament.

"Oh look at me, I'm the misunderstood robot, I'm so damn special, somebody help me *whinewhinewhine*". Oh please

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I always have to laugh at this "I-don't-have-a-heart" stuff (I saw this mentioned in INTJ posts, at least two or three occasions). It's so lame - and totally illogical, which doesn't really fit the NT temperament.

"Oh look at me, I'm the misunderstood robot, I'm so damn special, somebody help me *whinewhinewhine*". Oh please
    I think some people take it too far, indeed. Sarcastically, I may say that I don't have a heart. If they choose to believe that I really believe that, let them fester in their ignorance.

I view emotions as a tool, which I find easier than most to set aside until I deem them necessary. Relating my emotions to others, or being able to comprehend how their emotions control them to the extent which they do is my main problem.

Sarcastically, I may say that I don't have a heart.
    I'm confident the aformentioned members were 100% serious in that context (I can't find it anywhere ).

I view emotions as a tool, which I find easier than most to set aside until I deem them necessary.
    Indeed.

MBTI
    entp

i think those are just excuses for being emotional immature and not dealing with them in a healthy way

MBTI
    ENtJ
    Enneagram
    8w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

The only INTJ I know is almost a robot. :/ He literally believes that the human mind could be recreated by an algorithm, and he doesn't believe in psychology or the concept of the human soul at all. I think he's hilarious, but a lot of people don't like him. I guess they get upset when he refuses to validate the complexity of their natures. :B
    "Yet, the right act
    Is less, far less, than the right-thinking mind.
    Seek refuge in thy soul; have there thy heaven!"

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful-pessimist View Post
    The only INTJ I know is almost a robot. :/ He literally believes that the human mind could be recreated by an algorithm, and he doesn't believe in psychology or the concept of the human soul at all. I think he's hilarious, but a lot of people don't like him. I guess they get upset when he refuses to validate the complexity of their natures. :B
    I guess that would be an example of greedy reductionism. I believe as well that the human mind could be and will be recreated by an algorithm, and I believe the algorithm it is based on, is in our genes. I don't believe in a soul (outdated concept), but I believe in psychology and consciousness. Mentalistic and reductionist biological perspectives are complimentary, they are just different levels of analysis. I believe human beings are incredibly complex, chaotic-deterministic and dynamical systems.
    "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." - Wolfgang Amadé Mozart

MBTI
    ENtJ
    Enneagram
    8w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    I guess that would be an example of greedy reductionism.
    I think he does that a lot, and that may be way other people don't like him at first. He likes tangible things.
    He's also far too logical about things that shouldn't always be defined logically. When we have discussions in our humanities class, he always manages to offend someone by explaining away something absurd, like how genocide is technically good for the economy and is therefore not necessarily a negative thing. :/
    "Yet, the right act
    Is less, far less, than the right-thinking mind.
    Seek refuge in thy soul; have there thy heaven!"

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    I guess that would be an example of greedy reductionism. I believe as well that the human mind could be and will be recreated by an algorithm, and I believe the algorithm it is based on, is in our genes. I don't believe in a soul (outdated concept), but I believe in psychology and consciousness. Mentalistic and reductionist biological perspectives are complimentary, they are just different levels of analysis. I believe human beings are incredibly complex, chaotic-deterministic and dynamical systems.
    yes yes yes.

The Icelandic Genome Project fascinates me to no end. Genetic algorithm, FTW!