• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people seem to dislike INTJs?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"To everyone who met him, John Wayne Gacy seemed a likable and affable man.
He was widely respected in the community, charming and easy to get along with."

That "charming" and "likable" guy, killed 33 people.

Somehow I don't think Gacy was an NT.

Well, some NTs craft such an image for strategic advantage.

But if he used playing off the emotions of others as his primary strategic tool, there's a good chance he was an EFJ.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm.. I'm not so sure that'd apply to all INTJs.. I've known a few IRL to enjoy discussing/debating the most ridiculous, outlandish & nonsensical concepts/topics/hypotheticals to the extreme [all in fun, of course].
It's actually pretty hilarious when they create/apply some 'rational' line of reasoning to the imaginary..

+1

I love doing this. Pretty much all of my day is filled up with nonsense. I tend to wallow in the idiotic and ridiculous things that make most people shake their heads at me. What is more fun is making them stop and wonder if it could:

- Happen
- Be True
- Not Be True

I tend to dislike getting into discussions with people I don't know very well about things that are important to me. I get very passionate and excited in those conversations, especially if I'm talking to someone who 'gets' me. Knowing my tendency to get all philosophical and wordy, I try to keep it under wraps for most of my interactions during the day, especially at work.

I actually think I come across as an airhead sometimes, a bit of a nut, but mostly its a kind of amusement that I play with all day to not get bored. Those moments when I let the intellectual barrier down and say something witty or really on the mark I get looks from people like 'I KNEW it!'. I think they sense that in my joking demeanor and lighthearted playing that the wheels are turning and the thoughts are just waiting for the right time to present themselves.

:yes: