User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 202

  1. #111
    FigerPuppet
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    No, they are usually assuming they know everything better just because they are INTJs.
    I haven't met an INTJ who thinks he knows a subject better than other people just because he is an INTJ.

    And that's false, especially when they are unaware of their severe neurotic behavior. They don't know themselves very well, and especially their own limits.
    Could you give examples of neurotic behaviour and what is has to do with an INTJ thinking he knows a subject better than others? Couldn't it just be self-confidence?
    And I disagree with you regarding the "not knowing their own limits"-thing. INTJs know their limits, which is why they steer clear of any subjects they don't know sufficiently well.

    When you challenge an immature INTJ, chances are he won't even understand why and when his reasonings are faulty, no matter how absurd or ridiculous they are. Trying to explain them is simply a waste of time.
    And you're calling INTJs arrogant?

    You know, the INTJ-forum is the only place where I have found kids who tried to teach me botany and landscape theory. But the most astounding fact is that they were dead serious about it. An INTP would have used bad faith instead, and would have shown it clearly. But INTJs are not aware of these subtleties.
    You're critizing INTJs for trying to educate you, or have I misunderstood something?

  2. #112
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post

    You're critizing INTJs for trying to educate you, or have I misunderstood something?

    If I have right information he has a PhD is this area what you can't say for them.
    I can perfectly underderstand why would someone find this to be annoying.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    If I have right information he has a PhD is this area what you can say for them. I can perfectly underderstand why would someone find this to be annoying.
    What does this mean?

    (I am sympathetic to Blackmail!'s irritation though.)

  4. #114
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    My goal was not to point out how ENTPs are assholes, as I don't actually believe that. The reason I posted earlier about ENTPs being accused of the same is that NTs, in general, tend to be viewed as psychological bullies. Telling an INTJ she's disliked because INTJs are bullies basically misses the mark because the INTJ is no more a bully than any other NT (save the INTPs...which I already mentioned). The fact that you think this assessment is "comical" coming from what you believe to be an ENTJ only further substantiates what I've said. INTJs are not disliked because they are bullies. There are lots of not-so-neat little traits that are unique to the INTJ personality type that people don't respond well to, but the "bullying" is a feature common to most NTs. So, to make a longish reply even longer, the answer you provided was one that would be provided for all of us (the NTs), but it is not something distinguishes the INTJ in particular .
    Juggernaut - we all have different styles of communication that irritate people. The one I pointed out is the one I feel that INTJs dole out (which was substantiated by a few INTJs in this very thread). To me, it comes off as bullying - I don't feel this way when INTPs behave in their own irrational way. I feel this way about INTJs. If you want to start a thread about the ways in which my type bullies, feel free - but it's been done... a lot.

    And since this is about personal opinion, I'm entitled to feel it and express it. I don't personally believe that this style of debate is common to other types. I have yet to see it. But if you feel that all NTs debate and irritate, and even bully, in the same manner, this is a topic I am willing to explore. In my experience, ENTPs have a different way of being difficult, as do ENTJs and INTPs.

    To clarify, I did not tell her that she was disliked because she was a bully. I said that I don't feel at all like she's a bully, but I can see how others who are more sensitive can feel bullied when their intelligence, rather than their argument, is attacked.

    And I don't know how me saying this is comical substantiates anything. Are you saying it substantiates that I am a bully, or that you are a bully or that - I don't even know...? And bullying can be applied to any type, I hear ESTJs called that all the time...

    I'm not going around any more with this. I really have no desire to argue with you over something like this. We are both entitled to our respective opinions.

  5. #115
    FigerPuppet
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    If I have right information he has a PhD is this area what you can't say for them.
    Oh, I wasn't aware of that.

  6. #116
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    My experience with INTJs is that they are incredibly confident and open minded. Basically, not looking for external validation gives them the freedom to explore concepts and ideas without it ever being a threat to their self esteem.

    My best, only, friend is an INTJ female. I love our conversations because she is willing to go down any road and explore any thought with an open mind. She is not cold at all, in fact although she appears commanding on the outside, is one of the most caring and sensitive people I have known on the inside. The only time I have seen her go into her..."Unacceptable!" mode as I like to call it, is when she is working in direct relation to someone who is incompetent.

    Anyway, so I am saying that I admire the INTJs. They are one of the most complimentary types to my type I have found, and they make the very best consiglieres. I have never seen coldness from one simply fairness. LOL, they are actually quiet comforting now that I think about it.

  7. #117
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Anyway, so I am saying that i admire the INTJs. They are one of the most complimentary types to my type I have found, and they make the very best consiglieres. I have never seen coldness from one simply fairness. LOL, they are actually quiet comforting now that I think about it.
    Agreed.

  8. #118
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Oh, I wasn't aware of that.
    That is exactly why I said it.

  9. #119
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    Further more INTJs tend to be [...] low on agreeableness, leading to dislike.
    I'm going to have to call bullshit on that one.
    I'm not INTJ but have a low agreeableness score.
    That doesn't mean you are automatically disliked.
    It means you question things,
    and are less likely to be influenced by peer pressure.
    Nothing wrong with that.

    Keep it fair here, people.

  10. #120
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    That's not true. INTPs are the most logical, and they piss me off with their incessant need to break down and explain everything.

    Also, quit being such a crybaby, invaderzim.
    I'd say the way to convince an INTJ that he's wrong is to show objectively that his current interpretation isn't producing long-term results effectively.

    Breaking it down to the most obscure logical ends of hypotheticals is not very attractive because it's just a waste of time. Apply this principle to something useful (even if it takes a long time to show return, that's fine) or abandon it and find a more effective one.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Similar Threads

  1. Why do people love to hate Kristen Stewart?
    By gromit in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 07:20 PM
  2. Why do people want to drag you down to their incompetence?
    By Lily flower in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 12:18 AM
  3. Why do people learn to read?
    By Lateralus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 04:42 AM
  4. [INTJ] Why do people Pretend to be INTJ's?
    By Dominicus Griswold in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 10:58 PM
  5. [INTJ] Why do a lot of people seem to have lots of negative views about INTJs?
    By bai_lin83 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO