half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Because that's usually the reality with INTJs who are debating a subject they have researched.
    Possibly. But to assume another opinion is not well researched, coupled with the unwillingness to concede any point whatsoever... It comes off as arrogant.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Damn, I feel late to the game. I have yet to, knowingly, meet an INTJ, IRL, that I don't like. Then again, that sample is only two: one 32 year old male and one 55 year old female.

My only complaints are as follows:

- the male would once in a while would try to talk to me about a subject in theology that I didn't have the base knowledge required to start understanding what he was saying.

- the female was a co-worker who sat beside me for a few months and would complain about this other co-worker more often than I needed to hear about his uselessness, or when the two of them were arguing back and forth about documentation.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Because that's usually the reality with INTJs who are debating a subject they have researched.
    No, they are usually assuming they know everything better just because they are INTJs.
    And that's false, especially when they are unaware of their severe neurotic behavior. They don't know themselves very well, and especially their own limits.

When you challenge an immature INTJ, chances are he won't even understand why and when his reasonings are faulty, no matter how absurd or ridiculous they are. Trying to explain them is simply a waste of time.

You know, the INTJ-forum is the only place where I have found kids who tried to teach me botany and landscape theory. But the most astounding fact is that they were dead serious about it. An INTP would have used bad faith instead, and would have shown it clearly. But INTJs are not aware of these subtleties.

So it was hilarious. Or depressing.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTP

I really like INTJs. Some of them can be unnecessarily stubborn, and some unnecessarily emotional (which they are blind to), but overall, they're really cool. Usually very smart, generous, and loyal.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    If you want to understand how to instinctively dislike 80% of the so-called INTJs, just go to their forum. Visit them, it will teach you a lot.

Most of them are neurotic, misanthropic, narcissistic, pretentious, and severely lack humour.

And unlike the ENTPs, where arrogance is only a facade, a game, a kind of comedy, most INTJs usually are exceedingly serious when they think they know everything better than any other people.

A lot of them are irrational, irresponsible braggarts who are not even aware how ridiculous some of their claims actually are.

---

Now the curious fact is that most of my close IRL friends are INTJs.

And even here. But the INTJ subspecie you meet on Typology-central seems to be a very different breed, far more concise, polite and agreeable (1)...

---

(1) I hope they won't take this word as an insult... :rolli:
    Funny how I agree with blackmail on most things - even the description of the lesser-spotted INTJ. FWIW I think alot of these kids are going through a "deliciously evil" phase: I get an over-riding sense of impulsive youth and over-confidence coupled with a little knowledge (one-eyed man in the Kingdom of the Blind Syndrome).

Put them all in a big pot, give a stir and you get something like INTJforum.

Worst of all - as with all NTs - are the ones that treat knowledge as some kind of competition. They've really missed the point and limit themselves severely by such rigidity. Pity.

Oddly enough a disproportionately large number of my friends are ENTPs. I find the educated ones great company, priceless, but run a mile from the vacuous loudmouth kind.

MBTI
    INTJ

No, they are usually assuming they know everything better just because they are INTJs.
    And that's false, especially when they are unaware of their severe neurotic behavior. They don't know themselves very well, and especially their own limits.

When you challenge an immature INTJ, chances are he won't even understand why and when his reasonings are faulty, no matter how absurd or ridiculous they are. Trying to explain them is simply a waste of time.
    Could have sworn you were talking about ENTPs there.

If anything, INTJs prefer to stay on topics they know/care about, and are dismissive of the topics that do not interest them.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

BT and BM: age is certainly a factor with NTs... well said. I've had a young INTJ try to correct the way I pronounce my own name *sigh*.
    But on the whole, I have so many wonderful INTJ friends and I adore them. Great people. The majority of my closest friends are INTx. Love 'em.

Except for Edgar. He's officially my arch nemesis and he sucks the souls from puppies. It's a love/hate thing: he loves me and I hate him...

MBTI
    INTJ

This INTJ, for one, agrees. It's the reason for my signature.

Oh, and thread readers, if you haven't already, do vote in my poll: INXJ closed-minded certitude

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post

Oh my goodness... I never said you couldn't criticize me or an ENTP, I just asked if I had said something offensive because you said something about a pot calling a kettle black.

I know we can be seen as assholes. There have been countless threads about it. I've also apologized countless times for being an asshole. But this thread asked a question about INTJs specifically. I made a comment in reference to genes and had my intelligence insulted. I don't do that to people.

Most ENTPs would at least want to hear your arguments while most INTJs are content with saying that you could have no possible way of understanding the argument. And this is why people seem to dislike INTJs. But of course there are reasons for people to not like ENTPs or INFJs or ABCDs...

And no offense but coming from an ENTJ this is comical. We're all a bunch of pricks, just in different ways.
    My goal was not to point out how ENTPs are assholes, as I don't actually believe that. The reason I posted earlier about ENTPs being accused of the same is that NTs, in general, tend to be viewed as psychological bullies. Telling an INTJ she's disliked because INTJs are bullies basically misses the mark because the INTJ is no more a bully than any other NT (save the INTPs...which I already mentioned). The fact that you think this assessment is "comical" coming from what you believe to be an ENTJ only further substantiates what I've said. INTJs are not disliked because they are bullies. There are lots of not-so-neat little traits that are unique to the INTJ personality type that people don't respond well to, but the "bullying" is a feature common to most NTs. So, to make a longish reply even longer, the answer you provided was one that would be provided for all of us (the NTs), but it is not something distinguishes the INTJ in particular .

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

People dislike us?