• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do T's Think F's are foolish?

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Like I said in my Poll Thread, F v T is the hardest quality for me to pick out except for PvJ. I made that thread because my hypothesis was that T types would rarely say that.

If my hypothesis is correct, it follows that I emotionally project unto whoever I am with, and I only find T's insensitive when I am unable to construe what has been said in a positive light. All the other things they say that are equally objective, I incept with a little unconscious mending, so it sounds to me more sensitive or heartfelt than how it was really said, essentially making the person look a little more 'F' to me. It also follows that T types, in their objectivity, would be less prone to making this error, and so they would be able to see F types as F types pretty much all the time. So, while I see a T as his true self, which is only sometimes, I can see his faults better. T types should then be able to see the faults of the F types almost constantly. That is why I ask you, T's: Are F's inept? Are we innately inferior to T's at all things that do not require the heart?

A better question is: Can you see our 'emotional fault' at all times?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Moved to NF Idyllic. I moved it here because your question was addressed to your fellow NFs, and I'm sure interested NTs will post anyway. Unfortunately there is no "MBTI and other psych topics" forum.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Moved to NF Idyllic. I moved it here because your question was addressed to your fellow NFs, and I'm sure interested NTs will post anyway. Unfortunately there is no "MBTI and other psych topics" forum.

NT mods, you got to love them. ;)

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Moved to NF Idyllic. 1I moved it here because your question was addressed to your fellow NFs, and I'm sure interested NTs will post anyway. 2Unfortunately there is no "MBTI and other psych topics" forum.

1. The question is definitely aimed at T types, because I wanted their 'objective' opinion on this issue. :huh:

2. Are you mocking me? Surely you must have realized that I was referring to "MBTI (tm), Enneagram, and other personality matrices..." hmm...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
interesting. t/f is the hardest for me to distinguish too and i hadn't really thought about it being because i/we project. i don't think i like that.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
1. The question is definitely aimed at T types, because I wanted their 'objective' opinion on this issue. :huh:

"That is why I ask you: Are we inept? Are we innately inferior to T's at all things that do not require the heart?" I misinterpreted.

2. Are you mocking me? Surely you must have realized that I was referring to "MBTI (tm), Enneagram, and other personality matrices..." hmm...

Was just kidding. I know what you meant. I actually moved the thread before you posted where you wanted it, so if you want me to move it again, I will.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
"That is why I ask you: Are we inept? Are we innately inferior to T's at all things that do not require the heart?"

Was just kidding. I know what you meant. I actually moved the thread before you posted where you wanted it, so if you want me to move it again, I will.

Yeah, I can see how that first statement is ambiguous, now that I'm reading it again. I edited the OP.

And thank you very much, would you please move this to the NT board, or if you do not want it there, the MBTI +......... board?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Okay people, moved to NT Rationale. Final destination.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
99% of what I say is from perched in a tree somewhere. I have no vested interest in the words, they are merely observations for the most part. When I observe something that an F finds pleasant, s/he feels close to me. When I observe something unpleasant, I am despised. Value judgments are placed on my words. But it goes even deeper than that. If I find something pleasant, I am viewed as a pleasant person. If it's something unpleasant, I am viewed as a bad person. Value judgments are also placed on my character. All the while, there is no emotional context on my part. I think this can be foolish behavior.

I always see it coming. Sometimes I change my words to avoid an unnecessary emotional breakdown, other times I don't care. But I somehow seem to evoke strong reactions in F types either way. I can make no judgment, however, on what an 'emotional fault' is.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think T/F is difficult to judge from the outside because both can emulate each other.

T's can develop F-style values... but they're not based on inherent values of what is important to the T, they're based on life experience that has led to certain values actually seeming to be inherent within the structure of human community and psychological development. I.e., they're DERIVED "objective" values.

And if an F's valueset seems to emulate more "objective" reality by T standards... well, the same sorts of issues. Besides, no one is truly "objective," so there's always a mix of function use going on to some degree; it's more a matter of what is prioritized.

People are sort of like black boxes and until you get your nose under the surface and see what wires are actually connected, when the end results look similarly cosmetically people get confused.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I always see it coming. Sometimes I change my words to avoid an unnecessary emotional breakdown, other times I don't care. But I somehow seem to evoke strong reactions in F types either way. I can make no judgment, however, on what an 'emotional fault' is.

By that I simply meant what T's would view as a fault, namely, placing such importance on emotions that we would allow them to lead us into poor, irrational decisions.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think T/F is difficult to judge from the outside because both can emulate each other.

T's can develop F-style values... but they're not based on inherent values of what is important to the T, they're based on life experience that has led to certain values actually seeming to be inherent within the structure of human community and psychological development. I.e., they're DERIVED "objective" values.

Are you sure that this isn't just how an INTP would see it, with Si+Fe? Personally, I would expect an INTJ to be more morally individualistic, and this is in line with what I've observed so far.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
By that I simply meant what T's would view as a fault, namely, placing such importance on emotions that we would allow them to lead us into poor, irrational decisions.

Ok, I see your point and understand the definition better. In an unfortunate truth: I can't speak for all Ts but yes I personally see it as a severe flaw. And I, unfortunately, view people who make a majority of emotionally based decisions to be weak minded, like a child. And I know some children that I hold in higher regard than most Fs.

I am not proud of this viewpoint, however, but it would be dishonest to pretend otherwise. I don't think I, or Ts in general, are better than anyone else and I recognize our own specific flaws as well. But when speaking specifically of emotionally based decision making, this is my conclusion.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'll be blunt. I don't care.

I think there are many foolish F's. Does that mean that all F's are fools? Of course not. When a person values their "feelings" over using reason and sense, I tend to think they're foolish unless if their feelings naturally coincide with the rational or logical reaction.

I find one of the hardest things to figure out is S vs. N, not F vs. T, because I can easily determine T vs. F in a conversation, but I can't determine S vs. N without study.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Like I said in my Poll Thread, F v T is the hardest quality for me to pick out except for PvJ. I made that thread because my hypothesis was that T types would rarely say that.

If my hypothesis is correct, it follows that I emotionally project unto whoever I am with, and I only find T's insensitive when I am unable to construe what has been said in a positive light. All the other things they say that are equally objective, I incept with a little unconscious mending, so it sounds to me more sensitive or heartfelt than how it was really said, essentially making the person look a little more 'F' to me. It also follows that T types, in their objectivity, would be less prone to making this error, and so they would be able to see F types as F types pretty much all the time. So, while I see a T as his true self, which is only sometimes, I can see his faults better. T types should then be able to see the faults of the F types almost constantly. That is why I ask you, T's: Are F's inept? Are we innately inferior to T's at all things that do not require the heart?

A better question is: Can you see our 'emotional fault' at all times?
And what would those things be?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you sure that this isn't just how an INTP would see it, with Si+Fe? Personally, I would expect an INTJ to be more morally individualistic, and this is in line with what I've observed so far.

Perhaps you can use that sort of insight to better tease out INTP from INTJ (because I agree that INTJ's seem more inherently moralistic, they just have "convinctions" based on Ni ways of seeing). But my point is still that you can't just look at an action and determine whether it is T or F just by the action itself, and then use that to determine someone's probable type... even if you can look at "whole type" and try to pattern up that way.

(In reality, I endorse a more "whole pattern" matchup in terms of MBTI type identification rather than the singular function-use style I see used here far too often. Basically the data has to be triangulated and cross-referenced before being evaluated and understood -- the relationship between the data points is more helpful in determining type, not the data points themselves.)

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Perhaps you can use that sort of insight to better tease out INTP from INTJ (because I agree that INTJ's seem more inherently moralistic, they just have "convinctions" based on Ni ways of seeing). But my point is still that you can't just look at an action and determine whether it is T or F just by the action itself, and then use that to determine someone's probable type... even if you can look at "whole type" and try to pattern up that way.

(In reality, I endorse a more "whole pattern" matchup in terms of MBTI type identification rather than the singular function-use style I see used here far too often. Basically the data has to be triangulated and cross-referenced before being evaluated and understood -- the relationship between the data points is more helpful in determining type, not the data points themselves.)

Hmm, completely agree with this. So I wonder if I gave the impression that I disagree with this?

But if you already know a person is an F, and they behave in an irrational manner when they get flustered, which is often, then that would be the negative sort of quality I was talking about.