• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] HEIST!!: Which Type Selections Would Makeup The Most Effective Team To Rob A Bank?

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sure they have tried, and been caught. And most places have automatic cash counting safes until the truck comes. You'd be surprised at how many security measures are involved in a cash based business. The weaknesses you pick up on are not unique - everyone thinks they know them but what they don't realize is that so many books have been written on it, so many anti-theft seminars happen on a daily basis and most employees have no idea how much they are being watched. Working as an executive in retail and an owner in a service industry, I always get so amused when someone thinks they are that clever. It's seriously easier to steal merchandise than it is to steal cash.

Trust me I'd thought of that. These guys weren't that sophiscated though...but you are right about the merchandise, the week before xmas they apparently lost a million dollars worth merchandise due to shop lifting.
Seriously though, you would have been face palming, if you observed what they did. I'd work in a few department stores by then, and I'd seen nothing like it.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
You would need an xNTP to hack computers stop lasers and just generally destroy all the security systems. Also they would see every possibilty so put them with an INTJ to plan everything as between them they would discover every possibility and how to deal with it.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'd put an ENTJ in charge of the whole op, and like Jeno, I/the ENTJ, would not be involved on-site.

I would co-plan with an INTJ. I'd have an ISTP on hand for second/third opinions.

Logistics would be what MacGuffin went with (ISTJ?)

The actual team getting it done on-site would be led by an ENTP, and staffed by solid, reliable, not-prone-to-freaking-out doer-types.

No NFP types would be allowed in my bank robbing gang, at all.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Trust me I'd thought of that. These guys weren't that sophiscated though...but you are right about the merchandise, the week before xmas they apparently lost a million dollars worth merchandise due to shop lifting.
Seriously though, you would have been face palming, if you observed what they did. I'd work in a few department stores by then, and I'd seen nothing like it.

Merchandise theft is built into the cost of every item. At the end of the year, it is often more profitable to allow merchandise to be stolen, than it is to carry it in your inventory. The departmental buyers' budgets will go down. The sales associates won't make their sales plan. No one will receive their bonuses. You can claim insurance on merchandise that was stolen and wasn't sold. This is a common tactic. Merchandise theft is common and accepted in retail, and every company expects a certain level of employee merchandise theft, it's built into the daily budget sheet. I'd be curious to see how many walked away with actual cash, though.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Idea: Load the bank with insiders to provide false witness testimony.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Use an INTP for planning.

Not an ENTP though, they would come up with a plan that makes all accomplishes wind up in jail while the ENTP runs off with the loot unscathed, never to be seen or heard from again.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Use an INTP for planning.

Not an ENTP though, they would come up with a plan that makes all accomplishes wind up in jail while the ENTP runs off with the loot unscathed, never to be seen or heard from again.

you're no longer in my van. :steam:

(and I was gonna share it all with you once we met up again in mexico... I promise :cheese:)

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Boy, I'd like to hear more..but I'm sure you won't tell us..

Then again, I don't need to be 'in on it'.

My ISTP and I quite often pull stuff off together that's not strictly legit. Occasionally we get input from the ENTJ, but seldom need it.

Both of us are spontaneous contingency planners, he's good with the details and I'm good with the big picture. And we're also both very adaptable and good at improvizing.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP

(No there's no deal to rob a bank, nor am I planning a bank heist)

Of course not! Neither am I!

By the way, this is an awesome idea for a thread. Ok...I'm not the best strategic thinker, but...

That's why we would start with an INTJ. He would map out the plan in general, and account for contingencies.

You would obviously need to get a couple ISTP's to hold the guns - if things needed to get nasty, the ISTP's have the aim and the cool to get the job done.

The ENTP would be the ringleader for the actual heist- you would want him there to direct the crew and deal with things as they come up. An ENTx would be ideal, though, for the Te.

I can't do this, it's too hard...

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nice Work! Really keen insights!

Good Stuff!!

A007

Of course not! Neither am I!

By the way, this is an awesome idea for a thread. Ok...I'm not the best strategic thinker, but...

That's why we would start with an INTJ. He would map out the plan in general, and account for contingencies.

You would obviously need to get a couple ISTP's to hold the guns - if things needed to get nasty, the ISTP's have the aim and the cool to get the job done.

The ENTP would be the ringleader for the actual heist- you would want him there to direct the crew and deal with things as they come up. An ENTx would be ideal, though, for the Te.

I can't do this, it's too hard...