• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] House Alone Time

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I have always loved time alone in my house or apartment. Even when I live with another introvert that doesn't intrude on my thinking space or even physical space, there's really something incredibly freeing about being totally alone in your own space. I kind of feel like a toy that comes alive when its owner leaves or something--like I have the freedom to be totally myself. My brain works better, even. I get quick fixes by being alone in my car, but nothing really compares to House Alone Time (henceforth known as HAT). :smile: I will admit to dancing around and singing at the top of my lungs during HAT, as well. Can anyone relate?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yes, I love getting the house to myself. I have my own place, but I always have a bunch of people crashing here. It's fun and I like the energy and the discussions. But damn, I love it when I'm alone with my thoughts and I can just be (naked).

HAT, FTW!!!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, definitely. That's why I never go anywhere if I can help it. I'm quite addicted to it.

It's actually best when I'm feeling sad. It's like even when everything else is going wrong, I can just say, "But at least I'm alone and comfortable in a place where I can relax" and it brings my mood up to at least neutral most of the time.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, yes, yes. I can still remember how ecstatic I was the first time I rented my own apartment with no roommates.

And when I used to ship my son off to visit his father and had the place to myself for a week. Heaven - though I was always ready for him to come home too.

Now that I've lived alone for almost two years, I guess I don't think about it as much. It's become the default. But I still think hard before I invite anyone over. This is my retreat.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:nice:

This is one of the best threads ever.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
This is why my short-term plans involve me and a small house in the desert.

That's pretty much perfection to me.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hell yeah!

Been living on my own since I was 17 with the exception of two stints in a share house situation, the first was with an INFP and ESFP and was not cool, the second was with an INFJ and ISFP and was awesome, I’ve been on my own again for over a year and I do kind of miss having other people around even though when I was sharing I'd kill for HAT.

Unique

living with extraverted feelers, yeah some alone time is good but rare for me

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
It's hard to describe the rejuvenation I feel when I'm in complete solitude. It's like being the Energizer Bunny drumming with non-Duracell brand batteries and then falling over. Then, a disembodied hand removes said batteries and replaces them with Duracell *newest product name inserted here* batteries, and then I can keep going, and going, and going, and I'll be pink, but it's cool 'cuz I'll have these badass sunglasses on and people will be like, "They say that cat is one baaaad motherf--" "Shut your mouth!" "I'm talkin' 'bout Duracell." "Then we can dig it."

It's kinda like that. B^)

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
i like iy...usually when not when im emotionally conflicted though

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I have always loved time alone in my house or apartment. Even when I live with another introvert that doesn't intrude on my thinking space or even physical space, there's really something incredibly freeing about being totally alone in your own space. I kind of feel like a toy that comes alive when its owner leaves or something--like I have the freedom to be totally myself. My brain works better, even. I get quick fixes by being alone in my car, but nothing really compares to House Alone Time (henceforth known as HAT). :smile: I will admit to dancing around and singing at the top of my lungs during HAT, as well. Can anyone relate?

HAT is essential for life. And this is one reason I love being a part of this community--there is at least a subset of people who understand this on a very basic level, and to whom I would not have to say "I adore my husband and children, but..." They just get it.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
No one can judge me for singing to Japanese rock during HAT.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I LOVE HAT. I especially love HAT when I have Queen or Grand Funk Railroad on. It's essential.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm an ENTP, but I love, love, love my HAT. I like reading my terrible magazines and watching bad TV and screwing around on the internet without accommodating anyone or anything. Fe sometimes can be an impediment to just doing what I want and thoroughly enjoying it.

I also love CAT (car alone time) because I can sing whatever I want as badly as I want. I have, however, been startled out of my CAT singing reverie by a carful of guys pointing at me and mocking my diva mimicry. :( I tend to forget there are other people driving who can actually see that I'm singing...

*cough*and dancing*cough*

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It's hard to describe the rejuvenation I feel when I'm in complete solitude. It's like being the Energizer Bunny drumming with non-Duracell brand batteries and then falling over. Then, a disembodied hand removes said batteries and replaces them with Duracell *newest product name inserted here* batteries, and then I can keep going, and going, and going, and I'll be pink, but it's cool 'cuz I'll have these badass sunglasses on and people will be like, "They say that cat is one baaaad motherf--" "Shut your mouth!" "I'm talkin' 'bout Duracell." "Then we can dig it."

It's kinda like that. B^)
BWAH! This is one of my favorite posts evar.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I get plenty of HAT every day! I just stay up a few hours after everyone else has gone to bed. :D

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Ah, you people definitely get it! And yes, HAT is the perfect time for cranking up the tunez and letting loose. I think you might be right, Rajah--it might be the Fe that makes it hard to focus when someone else is around.

Nooo, JAVO! That is not true HAT. I mean, it's still good, and it's the next best thing to HAT, but it still does not allow you to do all the things you might do, given true HAT.

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I love, love, love HAT, though I don't get too much of it. One of the ways that I knew that I was falling in love with the guy I am seeing is that I was willing to give up HAT time to be with him.