User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Hearing how much people love their HAT has me thinking... I know an INFJ that refused to share her HAT with me and I thought she was just being weird. I'm allowed to be at her house now though, and I'm supposedly welcome to her HAT time too
    5 3 9

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I know an INFJ that refused to share her HAT with me and I thought she was just being weird. I'm allowed to be at her house now though, and I'm supposedly welcome to her HAT time too
    Ahh, but HAT time can't be shared, that's the whole point of it, why it's so sacred

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Ahh, but HAT time can't be shared, that's the whole point of it, why it's so sacred
    no fair! that's just selfish
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

HAT is much more sought out for introversion, like visiting a party or crowds that take energy away there needs to be a designated space to feel comfortable, to treat the self to precious alone time that soothes the senses and expels stress, essential really.

Its like when sitting in contemplation and a train of though is interrupted by commotion the energy needed to go back to that initial thought takes twice as long. And should this continue, I get a bit disoriented, energy gets drained way too quickly and what brings me back to focus is by being alone for a sec so I can refocus. HAT is like retail therapy to some, its the prana energy that revitalizes, just like taking a bite to eat.

I've gotten highly stressed and anxious without alone time for long periods of time, haha a bit like sleeping for less than 4 hours a week, cranky as button a pusher, I gotta get some HAT time during the week or I'll send furniture flying. :steam:

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

no fair! that's just selfish
    Indeed. You should help her become selfless by making sure she is not allowed any HAT, youd be helping her in the long run and Im sure once she realised this she would be very grateful

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Indeed. You should help her become selfless by making sure she is not allowed any HAT, youd be helping her in the long run and Im sure once she realised this she would be very grateful
    hmmm... You raise a fair point

But is my HAT worth the same amount as any other person's HAT?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENTP

hmmm... You raise a fair point

But is my HAT worth the same amount as any other person's HAT?
    Of course. though... if being alone truly bores you and you honestly don't understand the concept of it not being something you can share (the word ALONE means ALONE!), then I don't think you'd actually need it...

That's kinda strange though to me - my mom's a definite ESFJ and she needs HAT too, so does my ENFJ sister. My mom likes to kick everyone out of the house to have it to herself for an afternoon - she mostly does housework in that time, preferring to be alone to do that because if there are other people around she feels the need to go into hostess mode and so gets behind on her housework, which really bothers her (wouldn't me! lol). My sister mostly paints and carves and sculpts in her HAT time.

I kinda just veg out, often play video games but just as often I sit there and daydream, god knows what goes through my mind in those times, and at the end it's like I've no recollection of anything. But I need it still.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    I

Yeah I like house alone time too, with no one bothering me. I find that when I'm around more than a few people, I feel more drained. Especially if the ones I'm around are extroverted. Then I really feel drained.

MBTI
    ENTP

Oh, I'm getting HAT right now as it happens, and just thinking about what I've been doing apart from surfing the net and listening to music - a lot of staring into space while my mind wanders, and cos I was sorta paying attention this time to see where it went, the most obvious thing was that it starts forming thoughts in a massive hotch potch of different languages.

I think in some ways being a multilingual extravert has its down sides. I need other people to bounce stuff off to help me think, and do a lot of the process externally. However, since I was very young I've studied other languages and much of that has integrated completely into my instinctive thought patterns. There are a lot of words and concepts and words for concepts from other languages and periods in history (some of them are dead languages) and the cultures that go with them, that I "feel" but can't express to most people, because I'd have to put it into just English or just French or whatever.

So when i'm on my own, I sorta in my mind, lie back and let all the info I've taken in recently - and throughout my life - wash up on the beach as it were, and comb through it with my polyglot hat on, expressing and pondering things to myself with my FULL vocabulary, both linguistic vocab and conceptual vocab. See, I can't even express properly what I'm doing cos I'm trying to put it all in English lol As if a monoglot's gonna understand this crap!!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    So when i'm on my own, I sorta in my mind, lie back and let all the info I've taken in recently - and throughout my life - wash up on the beach as it were, and comb through it with my polyglot hat on, expressing and pondering things to myself with my FULL vocabulary, both linguistic vocab and conceptual vocab. See, I can't even express properly what I'm doing cos I'm trying to put it all in English lol As if a monoglot's gonna understand this crap!!
    Oh my goodness, we truly are the same person. There are so many things that I can't even describe in English if I tried, and this is my native language.