• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] House Alone Time

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
:)

What other ones do you pull from then, to express yourself to yourself?

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I can never really have HAT because I'm still a teenager living at home. I can get some real alone time sometimes when no one is here, just being alone with people still in the house just dosen't feel right.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I have always loved time alone in my house or apartment. Even when I live with another introvert that doesn't intrude on my thinking space or even physical space, there's really something incredibly freeing about being totally alone in your own space. I kind of feel like a toy that comes alive when its owner leaves or something--like I have the freedom to be totally myself. My brain works better, even. I get quick fixes by being alone in my car, but nothing really compares to House Alone Time (henceforth known as HAT). I will admit to dancing around and singing at the top of my lungs during HAT, as well. Can anyone relate?

HELL YES I can relate. HAT. I love HAT. I require it, I covet it, I revel in it when I have it (and I live alone so I get enough). Exactly the same feelings on it as you, Tallulah. Freedom to potter around the house in an old tank top and raggedy panties, freedom to...well, just freedom.

I love my socializing, but HAT is almost like awake-time rest/recuperate period after or before socializing. I'm so jealous of my HAT that sometimes even when my sister or boyfriend are staying, I have to stop myself from getting miffed about the lack of HAT.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I adore HAT! I live alone, so I get as much of it as I want. Sometimes, my HAT surplus even drives me out to places that have people but that don't require interaction - I love going to malls or farmer's markets or coffee shops for that. I realize how much I love HAT whenever I visit the family at the holidays. Nowhere to run!

My HAT activities also frequently involve music, singing and dancing. But no one will ever see! Muahahaha.

P.S. congrats on coining a phrase AND an acronym!

Usehername

On a mission
HAT bores me most of the time, I could definitely live without it. I need to have someone around.

lolz i read this quote and nodded at the clear sarcasm, then i read the post after, and realized you might be serious. then i had a small :huh: moment, and then i checked out your type. and then i had another :huh: moment, and then i realized you actually were serious. (not a value judgment, just it never occurred to me that someone wouldn't crave HAT!)

wolfy

awsm
I crave HAT. It's a vital part of my life. I once had a chance to have as much as I wanted, I drank my fill but at the end of two weeks went stir crazy.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lolz i read this quote and nodded at the clear sarcasm, then i read the post after, and realized you might be serious. then i had a small :huh: moment, and then i checked out your type. and then i had another :huh: moment, and then i realized you actually were serious. (not a value judgment, just it never occurred to me that someone wouldn't crave HAT!)

Hmmm, I'm actually an ENTP :newwink:, and there was no sarcasm intended. Maybe I just get too much HAT time? Too much of a good thing tends to be a bad thing right? I feel like all of my HAT time is a complete boring pathetic waste of my time, and that I should be out there doing something... either awesome or useful. Might have something to do with enneagram 7 too, always wanting something that you don't have :thinking:

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
HAT gets me charged up, i love it! it is invigorating!
my neighbors do not, because i like music loud.
but now i have no neighbors, so it is a non-issue.

This is why my short-term plans involve me and a small house in the desert.

i live in a trailer in the desert, in the middle of nowhere. i am loving it.
i have a very chill "room-mate" who has his own trailer on the same property, so he is not really a "room-mate" per se. otherwise there is no one for miles.

HAT, FTW!!!

what does FTW mean?

wolfy

awsm
HAT gets me charged up, i love it! it is invigorating!
my neighbors do not, because i like music loud.
but now i have no neighbors, so it is a non-issue.

i live in a trailer in the desert, in the middle of nowhere. i am loving it.
i have a very chill "room-mate" who has his own trailer on the same property, so he is not really a "room-mate" per se. otherwise there is no one for miles.

what does FTW mean?

For the win.

Loud music ftw
In the middle of nowhere ftw
etc

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
I totally agree...even though I'm an ENTJ sometimes I do need the alone time
to daydream or go over things going through my head or generate ideas. I was kind of in a funk during the later part of the week/earlier part of the week
end, even though the last place I wanted to be was at home (not that I don't
have a good home life of course) and didn't want to think about things I had
to wait and see what happened with them because I had an idea on how to
improve things but no means as to put the plans into execution but I did eve-
ntually end up admitting to myself that maybe I did need the alone time after
all when I eventually ended up to stick it out but just roll with whatever came
up at the same time. Maybe I have a little bit of estp in me there because
sometimes even though i like sound plans and predictable situations sometim-
es I do actually thrive on the spontaneousness and unpredictabeness of tak-
ing changes... a little bit of whimsy never hurt anybody once in a while.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I treasure house alone time. Even more so after I've lived in dorms and after that got an apartment with a few friends. I even remember getting that magical home alone feeling when I was little... anything was possible, clouds parted, trumpets sounded...

I get quick fixes by being alone in my car, but nothing really compares to House Alone Time (henceforth known as HAT).

Yeah me too, especially after I really wanted to get out of the place I was just at. Sometimes I've literally felt like I was escaping, like in a suspense movie, where the small talk I had to make on my way out the door was like an epic sword fight. It's like taking a nice quick huff off an alone time inhaler.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guard my HAT time (lol, I love that....) jealously! I must have it or I turn into a fire monster!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
HAT is good :D

I've had off and on times like this since I was 12 and it only got to be too much when I ended up living on my own for 2 years. Hardly had anyone coming over and no one to go and hang out with so too much time sucks. When balanced though I :heart: HAT.

Edit: I find sleeping in someone's lap while they quietly read almost as good though...

=^.^=

Last edited:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kittys. Whatcha gonna do. *rubs ears and paws* :D

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I am getting a whole weekend of HAT this weekend! YAY! I am giddy.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get HAT every weekend and most evenings due to my roommate being out with his girlfriend.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now you two are just bragging! :( *sulks*

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have always loved time alone in my house or apartment. Even when I live with another introvert that doesn't intrude on my thinking space or even physical space, there's really something incredibly freeing about being totally alone in your own space. I kind of feel like a toy that comes alive when its owner leaves or something--like I have the freedom to be totally myself. My brain works better, even. I get quick fixes by being alone in my car, but nothing really compares to House Alone Time (henceforth known as HAT). :smile: I will admit to dancing around and singing at the top of my lungs during HAT, as well. Can anyone relate?

Man.... it's ALWAYS HAT for me.
Except HAT stands for 'Head Alone Time'. I have HAT anywhere I go. Throw in my ipod - and the world around ceases to exist.