User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I've recently started living alone for the first time evah (ok, apart from a couple of months in my twenties but that sucked for various other reasons). It's . Love it.

And uh, yeah, done the dancing round my apartment to music too. Toto's Africa is particularly awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I get plenty of HAT every day! I just stay up a few hours after everyone else has gone to bed.
    I used to do that before I moved out. It helps but it's not the same as true HAT.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I think you might be right, Rajah--it might be the Fe that makes it hard to focus when someone else is around.
    Yeah. I tend to be focused on my company's mood and experience. When company is in a good mood, it augments my good mood. When company isn't, I feel that and I can't relax and enjoy myself. In either case, my mood is derived from company's mood.

And sometimes I want to derive my mood from my own experience, darnit. Even if I love said company.

I... suppose. Yeah!

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    Toto's Africa is particularly awesome.
    Not nec. for dancing experience, but for listening experience... Africa segues really, really well into Alan Parsons Project's "Eye in the Sky."

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    ENTP

I can totally relate. I don't get it very often because I live with my two kids and very frequently have visitors, but when the kids are asleep or away and I've told people I won't be at home, I do snatch those times when I can.

Particularly for me, because when in the company of other people I have to wear several layers of very tight chest binding, which is very uncomfortable and becomes painful after not too long, it's hugely relieving to be able to spend DAY time (quite often I only get to take it off last thing at night) being actually able to breathe properly, and to think and stuff freely without having to apportion so much willpower and self control to sorta putting up with the pain and making it undetectable to others.

Even without that though, yeah there's definitely something cool about being able to just veg out in my pyjamas if I want, just chill and do my own thing without having to "be polite"
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yes, I love getting the house to myself. I have my own place, but I always have a bunch of people crashing here. It's fun and I like the energy and the discussions. But damn, I love it when I'm alone with my thoughts and I can just be (naked).

HAT, FTW!!!

Same here, I always have friends or family crashing at my house, even friends with their kids so it gets really packed out.

I love my alone time though, I'm currently itching for my brother to at least meet a girl so he can stay out some nights because it's been ages and ages since I had an alone moment.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I have always loved time alone in my house or apartment. Even when I live with another introvert that doesn't intrude on my thinking space or even physical space, there's really something incredibly freeing about being totally alone in your own space. I kind of feel like a toy that comes alive when its owner leaves or something--like I have the freedom to be totally myself. My brain works better, even. I get quick fixes by being alone in my car, but nothing really compares to House Alone Time (henceforth known as HAT). I will admit to dancing around and singing at the top of my lungs during HAT, as well. Can anyone relate?

Totally, I love strawling around bare naked in an empty house. Admittedly I don't sing while doing so. But house alone time is definatly a very relaxing thing for me. I love it!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTJ

I crave so much HAT that I'll forgo having children and even living with my partner, thanks!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I love HAT. I gotta have it. When my kids are gone and my husband is gone for work I'm absolutely giddy for my alone time. I cook what I want. Watch movies and eat in bed. Take long baths while reading a book. Sleep in. Don't answer the phone or the door and rarely get dressed or wear as little as possible. Love it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I only allow people who cuddle me to stay at my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

HAT bores me most of the time, I could definitely live without it. I need to have someone around.
    5 3 9