User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Block logic

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Default Block logic

I was reading about different types of logic and there are two kinds in particular that help me to understand why people may not always follow or understand each other...

Step logic - greek origins, often uses tightly contained step logic which reason a premise to a conclusion (one perspective/point of view), each step linked tightly to the next in coherent, rational, logical fashion.

Block logic - hebrew origins, polarity of thought, concepts are expressed in self-contained units or blocks of thought. These blocks do not necessarily fit together in any obvious rational or harmonious pattern. View depends on perspective and there are multiple perspectives.

Step logic is what most 'westerners' use today.

Which type do you use most often? I use block logic often and am wondering if other INTPs or NT's do as well?
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

not very clear.
    examples?
    we fukin won boys

ThatGirl

block, step, block, block, step, block

MBTI
    YaYa

This got me curious. Couldn't really find too much on this. It appears to be intimately tied in with religion. However I did find one example:

Step
    I got out of bed and went to the kitchen for my coffee and breakfast. After reading the paper I drove to work. I read the daily reports and finalized the yearly report. I drove to the restaurant for lunch with my wife. I attended a meeting with the office staff. I drove to the market for our evening desert. At home we ate a leisurely dinner and ate our desert.

Block
    I got out of bed and went to the kitchen for my coffee and breakfast. At home we ate a leisurely dinner and ate our desert. After reading the paper. I read the daily reports and finalized the yearly report. I attended a meeting with the office staff. I drove to the restaurant for lunch with my wife. I drove to the market for our evening desert. I drove to work.

The difference appears to be dynamic vs. linear thought process. So S vs. N.

So I yeah I would say I am more block. Fits with my ADD Intuitive personality.

Good find TAI

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post

Block
    I got out of bed and went to the kitchen for my coffee and breakfast. At home we ate a leisurely dinner and ate our desert. After reading the paper. I read the daily reports and finalized the yearly report. I attended a meeting with the office staff. I drove to the restaurant for lunch with my wife. I drove to the market for our evening desert. I drove to work.
    Okay, I can go on a tangent just as much as the next person. But even those should be chronological.

That example is just retarded.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Block
    i never heard anyone talk that way.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    YaYa

Its not my example. Just something I found.

However I do understand what they're getting at.

First block is eating, second block is working, third block driving.

Don't you guys have different ways of thinking/organizing shit other than time orientation? You should, you are all NTP.

MBTI
    entp

Don't you guys have different ways of thinking/organizing shit other than time orientation? You should, you are all NTP.
    oh...you are trying to generalize the way Ne/Ni making connections

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I have NO idea if this is going to even come close to this (and don't criticize these thoughts, I was just BS'ing around earlier today,) but I had a discussion...mostly with myself while my cousin was in the room about the nature of the universe and this very interesting entropy chart thingy that I saw on the forum.

MY Block thought pattern:
    Hrm... The universe is technically flat...Does that mean we are technically three-dimensional beings living in a two-dimensional space? [My cousin interjected that we weren't and compared it to paper.] But then, it's really a matter of perspective, and that if we really think about it, the eye only projects 2d images, but the brain adds depth to it.
    A high entropied state can be the equivalent of this coaster. I could break it, and it could be a representative of the big bang..............Time could continue for a freakishly long time until the low entropied state becomes that of a high entropied state, because the physics of space are different than that on the earth. Explosions keep on expanding and there's nothing to slow it down. Stars explode and scatter everywhere and become extremely condensed...Could that be a representative of the universe, that at one time, the universe as we know it was whole and then fragmented in a low entropied state, but over time, high entropy could return because the space between the fragments have become so great, it's just like the universe at the very beginning all over again. I could smash this coaster and while it would have low entropy, over a period of time, it would return to the earth due to things like the weather, so in space, gravity could act as the same kind of thing. Maybe then, space and the universe are cyclical. It explodes, and over eons, the fragments condense and explode all over again. Matter would continue to be created this way from the ever-increasing amount of potential energy...or as Hawking and other scientists have theorized, black holes could take matter out and transfer them to other dimensions or something like that. Therefore, time is a property relevant only to states of low entropy, because in a state of high entropy, time cannot be observed because there's no way to distinguish between "events," whereas in low entropy, it's distinguishable due to the relative position of one object progressing from one point to another and that the universe has the potential to move from periods of high entropy to low entropy and back again.

Sorry if that makes no sense whatsoever, and don't take it to be anything other than BS.

EDIT: To clarify that block of text, I was merely pondering how Time is a product of entropy. For example, if the universe were devoid of everything except for an orange and you were a disembodied eye watching the orange, there is no way to accurately judge time, or if "time" is even occurring because you have no reference point, kind of like how time is supposed to stop in a black hole. However, if the orange was suddenly cut into eight parts and the parts started drifting away from the center of where the orange was, "time" would begin as a reference point between the parts of the orange in comparison to when the orange was whole...I just had to make that process work in my head with the task of trying to see how the orange could fit back together again in my mind. I don't expect the crazy jumping from idea to idea to help anyone else see how it could fit...Because in a logical step pattern all of those seemingly have very little correlation to each other or anything at all.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

That is why I did not give an example.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.