User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post

Please don't take any of the above as criticism of a type..
    LOL. I didn't. That's cos ... I don't see being messy as a character flaw

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

I was just thinking that.. It's more of a flaw to get emotional about things (clothes, books etc) which really shouldn't have control over another's actions/reactions.

Bedroom doors are a wonderous things.. LOL

BTW.. in a soft sweet tone.. "Will she ever outgrow it?"

I have to tell you though, she can cook and bake like nobody's business. (Donuts, pancakes, rice, casseroles and she seems to like it. etc.) I on the other hand won't go near a kitchen.. I would rather walk down the block to buy something precooked. LOL
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

BTW.. in a soft sweet tone.. "Will she ever outgrow it?"
    She'll most probably learn to organize her stuff better - this would depend on maturity level and how strict you are with her (the key is to be assertive but not patronizing. People love to patronize me about my mess and try to make it a personal attack -- this just makes me more stubborn about not wanting to tidy up). But will she completely outgrow it? No! Look at the bright side of the P function -- it gives her wit and spontaneity, and a less inclination to be judgmental

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Look at the bright side of the P function -- it gives her wit and spontaneity, and a less inclination to be judgmental
    So true, I am too impatient to wait for anyone or anything. She is usually ready to go in 5 seconds flat..

I can definitely identify with that pushing things, pushing usually begets resistance, which reminds me resistance is futile. So I work into her good graces with you do this and I'll do this.. It seems to work out pretty well. Give and take relationships seem to be much more healthy anyhow.

I enjoy talking to INTP's, which makes me wonder... Do you find it easier to communicate with others on here (or the internet in general) rather than communicating face to face??
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I enjoy talking to INTP's, which makes me wonder... Do you find it easier to communicate with others on here (or the internet in general) rather than communicating face to face??
    Everyone enjoys talking to INTPs.

Seriously, for me it really depends on the person. In general, it is probably easier for me to communicate online in some ways, especially about things of a personal nature.

However, there are a few people with whom I find I feel totally comfortable and with them, I prefer communicating face to face. Strangely enough, it is not always with the types I'd expect. Two of my closest girlfriends are ESFJ and we can talk about anything. I also have male friends who are ISFJ and INTP and we are the same way. I just sometimes feel a bond with someone...and it seems unrelated to type.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

That is really nice to know.. Your friendship crosses over those boundaries it seems we tend to fall into when we start to categorize ourselves into MBTI types.

I try to get the know the person first than take an assessment of personality later.. Handwriting analysis is very interesting, because even if you have the same personality of another, handwriting rarely matches up with another. The truly distinct characteristics really come out then. *makes note to test my babydoll's handwriting*

Thanks for the warm and friendly chat.. :hugs:
    Johari / Nohari

Independent Director

MBTI
    INTP

To the OP, nah, I don't think there's anything in facial recognition, ala Socionics. But I can very often sight-type people based upon expression or the vibe they're giving off, especially if I can observe them interacting with people.

You sound like a good mom for an INTP. We aren't easy to raise in some respects, but in others, we're easier than other kids. At least you won't have to deal with teenage histrionics that often. I wouldn't look at the mess as a fault, so much. Just make her aware that when she lives with others, she has to take them into account and not leave her stuff all over the place. My mom always made me help clean the common areas of the house, help with laundry and dishes, etc. She hated how messy my room was, but she mostly left me alone about it--just had to clean it a couple of times a year. I was glad that she made me aware of that stuff, though, because I probably would have been perfectly happy to just let her worry about it. She'll probably never grow out of being messy, though. We're just not very aware of our external surroundings. We can just tune them out.

The other thing to keep in mind about an INTP teen--if you tell us to do something or not to do something, we usually want to know why. If it makes sense to us, we don't have much problem following the rules. The "because I said so" tactic doesn't go over so well. :-P
    Something Witty

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Tallulah,

Thanks for the compliment.. She is a sweet girl, knows what she likes and I let her usually have her way. (If I can do the same for the others) For example, money, ok if I give her a few pounds, of course it has to go the same for the others.

If I cannot let her have her way.. Going to a friend's house, that I hardly know. I will let her know why and call into account the last time she went and ended up someplace else (another friend's house) without letting me know. Grrr So I just wait for her to mature some more before letting her go back to a friend's house etc..

I don't ask questions of those close to me, I know them already.. I tend to think of a hoola hoop around me, whatever is inside that hoop I can control, whatever is outside that hoop I don't really need to control. As long as it isn't detrimental to the health or safety of those under my care.

Well this seems more like a rant. LOL

Have a good night princesses of the world..
    Johari / Nohari

Independent Director

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I can definitely identify with that pushing things, pushing usually begets resistance, which reminds me resistance is futile. So I work into her good graces with you do this and I'll do this.. It seems to work out pretty well. Give and take relationships seem to be much more healthy anyhow.
    Congratulations! You've learned what it took my ISF mother years to learn and what finally put an end to our butting heads.

On the messiness: I have not changed much since childhood in this respect. Still have cycles of being messy followed by being very orderly and back again. The drive to organize by place did not come from my mom but came when I realized what a great way of de-stressing it is. Unfortunately, you can't teach the psychic relief so she'd have to want to herself.

Depends on who it is. With people I like and communicate with easily, face to face. With others, the more distance the better. If it's written, as on the web or e-mail, I am forced to make the language clearer and more comprehensible to avoid confusion.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    LOL. I didn't. That's cos ... I don't see being messy as a character flaw
    It's not. It's just being "pragmatically organized."

I used to get really upset with J people who felt the need to clean up my "messes" if they were just in my private areas (and thus not infringing on anyone else). Often I actually had a sense of where everything was, based on their spatial relationships to other items, and as soon as someone moved it all or stacked it up somewhere, I had no idea where to find anything. Arrg! :steam:

I actually like face-to-face now, it's more of a "total person" experience.

However, when younger and when I felt socially inept and not able to be myself, I prefered written communication.

Not only does it just tend to focus on ideas (so there is less need for small talk), and I didn't have to worry about how I sound or look or anything else, but also I have a lot of control over the communication. I can reply when I want, I can read the responses when I want, I can come and go as I want without any sort of social discomfort. I intuit INTPs (and some other sorts) appreciate that level of independence over the communication.

Face-to-Face does tire me out, though; written communication usually just gives me energy, if anything.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft