User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    My daughter also wants to live online, so far I let her get on Skype for grandma and Youtube.. She mostly watches videos of Hannah Montana and other similar types of singers.. I try to feign interest just for her sake.. lol
    Yes, Youtube seems to be another big favorite. Fortunately, she is not into Hannah Montana, The Jonas Brothers, etc.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

My daughter also wants to live online, so far I let her get on Skype for grandma and Youtube.. She mostly watches videos of Hannah Montana and other similar types of singers.. I try to feign interest just for her sake.. lol
    Lol, wait, you don't love Hannah Montana???

My sons do more varied things online, my 11-year-old daughter usually only goes on the computer to watch streaming TV shows she missed online, although I think she does do the music video thing too. She's INFJ and would rather be talking low-key with someone she cares about rather than completely absorbed and alone in virtual reality right now.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I can't list all of my interests because there are too many! To be an INTP is to be interested in everything but at the same time nothing. But the ones I'm most obsessed with are women's rights, movies (especially world cinema), sociology (especially sociology of gender and ethnicity), travels, and I would like to study Arabic soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

LOL Hannah Montana.. Jennifer??

Groovejet, thanks for posting some of your interest since it seems my daughter's seem to be as mentioned above.. Oh and being boy crazy. LOL

About Arabic.. hmm it is quite a difficult language, there are some sites online that you can learn for free. At least to get the basics down. I learned because I have been here 12 years and didn't want to walk around ignorant of what was being said or written.

Women's rights!!! Right on, YOU RULE!!!
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

LOL Hannah Montana.. Jennifer??
    Oh, for ME?

Actually I can appeciate many things. I even watch Drake and Josh, High School Musical, and iCarly (among other things) with my kids. I think Miley Cyrus is actually very talented and I can see why she's a success, mostly because of her personal glow... but it's not exactly the sort of thing that can hold my interest forever.

I like anything involving learning and exploration. (That can be physical, like hiking, walking, and traveling; or it can be intellectual, studying complex and "gray area" subjects like sociology, psych, philos, religion, cultural studies, gender studies, etc.; or it can simply be experiential, by immersing myself in conversations and situations where I am learning something new about how the world works. I want to perceive and understand it all.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

I like anything involving learning and exploration. (That can be physical, like hiking, walking, and traveling; or it can be intellectual, studying complex and "gray area" subjects like sociology, psych, philos, religion, cultural studies, gender studies, etc.; or it can simply be experiential, by immersing myself in conversations and situations where I am learning something new about how the world works. I want to perceive and understand it all.)
    This.

I have something to learn from anything and everything.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

About Arabic.. hmm it is quite a difficult language, there are some sites online that you can learn for free. At least to get the basics down. I learned because I have been here 12 years and didn't want to walk around ignorant of what was being said or written.
    How did you learn Arabic? The sucky thing about Arabic is that the one which is taught in schools i.e. Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) is usually not spoken in daily life. There's a wide gap between the Modern version and the colloquial. You're in Egypt? Awesome I have this dream of working for the Cairo-based Al-Ahram weekly :p

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Jennifer: Those are the same exact shows she loves to watch.. Your interests are very similar to my own.. I love all things outdoors dealing with nature or things dealing with human, metaphysical or of a paranormal nature..

Groovejet: I learned Arabic first from studying a book, the letters and pronunciation, vocabulary came after I moved here.. Reading when someone thought I could never live in an Arab based land. lol Challenges very few people know what motivates...
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

If you don't mind me asking, what's having an INTP daughter like? Is it very apparent that she's INTP?

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

No I couldn't tell since she is so quiet.. I took one of those test for kids and reasoned in the factors that she didn't cry when a cat passed away. She thought her -at that time- her 9 year old brother was being overly emotional and didn't bother herself when I decided to leave the house after an arguement a few years back.. The introvert is pretty apparent in her close circle of friends and how she acts in public. Perceiving due to how disorganized her room, closets, bookshelf and anything else that follows under her stuff is thrown about. At her age, I was a perfectionist in having my room tidy. I don't jump on her about it. I just close the door or once in a great while I will grab a trash bag throw what ever is on the floor and on the bed into it; hide it up in a high place in the closet. The N part well that was from the test, I had my husband help so that it would be more objective rather then subjective..

Please don't take any of the above as criticism of a type.. She is my best friend. I give her plenty of emotional space and don't question her unless she comes back from school very late. I just don't let her go out late or alone, since things like that are looked down upon here.

She tells me I am the best, when I ask her why. She usually replies, "Because you take me out."

I think I asked of her only once today to make me coffee, she asked if I wanted coffee twice since she wanted to sit outside.
    Johari / Nohari

Independent Director