User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 81

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    158

    Default

    There is no scientific evidence to support it. It will come and pass just like every other end of the world prophesy.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    693

    Default

    The only thing I've heard of any seeming significance for 2012 is that the earth will be aligned with the center of the galaxy for the first time in a gazillion years. This has the potential to make the earth wobble on its axis or reverse the poles. I have absolutely no proof of this and I am only inclined to give it a fraction of a thought because I have heard more than one scientist speak of it. Anyone know anything about it?

    As far as the Mayan Calendar goes, I've heard twenty different interpretations of it. The proof there is about as elusive as proof of God.

  3. #43
    Rats off to ya! Mort Belfry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProNeon View Post
    on YouTube, people are making videos of evidence of Planet X, where they are making pictures of the planet and putting eeire music in the background
    The thing I noticed about this was that it's only a couple of degrees through the related videos on YouTube and you find people who think George Bush is a reptilian.
    Why do we always come here?

    I guess we'll never know.

    It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    The only thing I've heard of any seeming significance for 2012 is that the earth will be aligned with the center of the galaxy for the first time in a gazillion years. This has the potential to make the earth wobble on its axis or reverse the poles. I have absolutely no proof of this and I am only inclined to give it a fraction of a thought because I have heard more than one scientist speak of it. Anyone know anything about it?

    As far as the Mayan Calendar goes, I've heard twenty different interpretations of it. The proof there is about as elusive as proof of God.
    Complete nonsense, nothing special that hasn't already happened thousands of times before is going to happen in 2012. Even if the poles flip the know what will happen, slightly increased rates of cancer and electronic device failure for a couple of years and one will see the aurora much close to the equator; hardly the end of the world.

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    89

    Default

    I believe this as all bs until the time comes. People are getting all hyped up and creating crazy theories to support the end of the world in 2012. Can't wait till it just passes like another year like it has for the last 4.5 billion years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Incidentally, I believe that I am a dominant Ti user, and I often have trouble explaining things that I understand well. It's a matter of organizing the presentation of material. I can have it perfectly organized in my head all at once, but structuring the sequential delivery of material so that others understand is a different matter entirely, and requires a different skill set that I am apparently lacking.

  6. #46
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deepthought View Post
    I believe this as all bs until the time comes. People are getting all hyped up and creating crazy theories to support the end of the world in 2012. Can't wait till it just passes like another year like it has for the last 4.5 billion years.
    so what do you do if it doesn't?
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  7. #47
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    so what do you do if it doesn't?
    Then we are all dead anyway.


    But I think that this entire idea is nonsense.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    426

    Default

    I hope it does happen, just so the conspiracy theorists would have one victory under their belt.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

    Fonewearl and proud of it!

    I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

  9. #49
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProNeon View Post
    Anyone have beliefs in 2012 Nibiru?
    Honestly? No.

    However. It'd sure make things interesting. Going out with a bang. I guess we'll wait and see

  10. #50
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Then we are all dead anyway.


    But I think that this entire idea is nonsense.
    a) i didn't ask you.

    b) the reply wasn't correct either.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

Similar Threads

  1. People have room in their hearts for One Great Belief ...
    By ArchAngel in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 03:05 AM
  2. [MBTItm] Does Anyone Have Indecisiveness?
    By nomadic in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 11:00 PM
  3. Does anyone have a problem with Hyperfocusing?
    By alicia91 in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO