Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Faith cannot be disproved via logic. Doesn't make the Mayan calender any truer than any other religious doctrine.
    The Mayan calender is not based on religion. Research
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    The Mayan calender is not based on religion. Research
    I did research. I saw nothing anymore convincing than the Bible Codes, numerology or any other such.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

I did research. I saw nothing anymore convincing than the Bible Codes, numerology or any other such.
    Maya calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

looks like a real, physical calendar to me. i don't know why you would consider it a religious doctrine?

oh and:

The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar forms the basis for a New Age belief, first forecast by José Argüelles, that a cataclysm will take place on or about December 21, 2012, a forecast that mainstream Mayanist scholars consider a misinterpretation, yet is commonly referenced in pop-culture media as the 2012 problem.

For example, Sandra Noble, executive director of the Mesoamerican research organization FAMSI, notes that "[f]or the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle". However, she considers the portrayal of December 2012 as a doomsday or cosmic-shift event to be "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."
    so much for your "research", heart.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

heart on fire

Anyone who reads the whole article can see it is religious calender made to schedule ceremonies and such.

But what does Goodstain believe the Mayan Calendar is going to predict? What is the reality that he thinks Ne is in denial of?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Your still connecting it with religion and west Asian/european/Middleeastern unprecise and unreliable time measuring instruments that we use to this day.

Study the Mayan language, mostly it's historic (archaic) mathmatical symbols and how they are employed phonetically, then apply that to the order of the calender along with its overall nature. Key idea there is the phonetics. You will not have to study too long on the way the language uses its symbols, but you will have to understand linguistical definitions of sounds to realise any patterns.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFJ

I welcome death with open arms.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Your still connecting it with religion and west Asian/european/Middleeastern unprecise and unreliable time measuring instruments that we use to this day.

Study the Mayan language, mostly it's historic (archaic) mathmatical symbols and how they are employed phonetically, then apply that to the order of the calender along with its overall nature. Key idea there is the phonetics. You will not have to study too long on the way the language uses its symbols, but you will have to understand linguistical definitions of sounds to realise any patterns.
    Didn't the Mayans use it to schedule their religious rites? What does any "end of cycle" mean except as human construct?

What do you think it is predicting, what is this truth that Ne is denying?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Didn't the Mayans use it to schedule their religious rites? What does any "end of cycle" mean except as human construct?

What do you think it is predicting, what is this truth that Ne is denying?
    We only see it as a schedule for religious rites because that was and still is the way it is presented to us, which is archaic in itself. Remember the writen history of those who have encountered the Mayans in the past (pick a time). There is another side to that story. However, that other side never had the chance to explain its own seperation of church and state. Reason...the Mayans were influenced by an external force that was dictated by church. Thus, the Mayans presented all their material in a church like fasion to keep some heat off their ass.

heart on fire

What truth do you think they predicted that Ne is in denial about?