• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT, what type of people do you respect?

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Anyone who is honest about themselves and others and doesn't flout authority.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Things I respect:

• Competence
  • Talent
  • Wisdom
  • Knowledge
  • Rational abilities
  • Openness
  • Creativity
  • Kindness
  • Curiosity
  • Perseverance
  • Self-Sacrifice
  • Wit
  • Courage
  • Articulateness
  • Genuine-ness

I never got the whole respecting talent and creativity thing. I mean, I like it, but why does that mean I would respect the people who have it any more than anyone else? It's not as if it's something you have to strive for, you're just born with it - it'd be like respecting someone for being wealthy when they just inherited it all from their parents. I'd be happy for them and all, but wouldn't see it as a reason they deserve any particular respect.

Self-sacrifice... up to a point yeah, but when it becomes pure pointless martyrdom (often out of fear of confrontation or change), that's when my respect disappears.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I never got the whole respecting talent and creativity thing. I mean, I like it, but why does that mean I would respect the people who have it any more than anyone else?

Actually, I'll clarify now that you've poked at this (and you're right):

In those cases, it is not necessarily the person I am enamored with, it's the talent itself. So you're right, it's only 'attached' to the person, it's not really "them," but it's just hard to completely remove the talent from the individual since it manifests itself THROUGH that individual.

I respect Christian Bale's acting talent, for example, but I'm rather disappointed in his personal character.

Self-sacrifice... up to a point yeah, but when it becomes pure pointless martyrdom (often out of fear of confrontation or change), that's when my respect disappears.

I wasn't considering unhealthy sacrifice or martyrdom when I was thinking of self-sacrifice, I mean it in the purest, best, most loving way where it's a gift, not a burden or means of obligating others.

Frank

-Optimistic people with "can do" attitudes who are able to learn and make adjustments from their failures and will not stop until they get it right.
-Independent thinkers
-Those who are able to separate themselves from their emotions and view things objectively.

T

ThatGirl

I respect people who are strong.

By strong I mean, intelligent.

By intelligent I mean those who are able to evolve and recognize truths and logic beyond their own perceptions.

People who are open mined, strong willed, and self disciplined. People who take responsibility for their own actions, and don't allow the fears of society to dictate who they will be or how they will treat others. I respect people who are confident and yes successful.

I forgot to add, people who are not judgmental.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Integrity, whether good or bad.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I respect the type I personally want to be: strong, confident, independent visionaries capable of problem solving on a local and global level.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I respect various people ... but above all others: people who are competent.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I don't respect competence, but more I respect qualities the person possessed that cannot be taught and learned. Academics and intelligence does not express all the qualities a person has, and alot of people have virtues and capabilites that are not expressed in this society, simply because they do not have a chance to do so. I also respect my opponents and antagonists, but this really depends on what character that person has.

I however , do not respect people who have a blind adherence to authority and societal norms and could not think on their own.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I think Putin is pretty awesome too. But he needs to lay off the evil though. Everything is good in moderation. I mean fucking common. Make friends with US already. Why you gotta hold a grudge man? Don't you know that grudge is what destroyed Michael Corleone? An another awesome, yet flawed, INTJ.... *sigh*

Russian interests are not in line with american interests. Becuase Yeltsin pretty much sucked up to the U.S, russia was in such a sorry state.

Frank

I don't respect competence, but more I respect qualities the person possessed that cannot be taught and learned. Academics and intelligence does not express all the qualities a person has, and alot of people have virtues and capabilites that are not expressed in this society, simply because they do not have a chance to do so. I also respect my opponents and antagonists, but this really depends on what character that person has.

I however , do not respect people who have a blind adherence to authority and societal norms and could not think on their own.

Hey Cloud, just out of curiosity, why do you have opponents and antagonists? What are you involved in? Are you an athlete or a politician or something?

freedom geek

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
I respect scientists, engineers and mathematicians. I respect those who want to increase their intelligence, learn more and allow others to live their lives as they see fit.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Hey Cloud, just out of curiosity, why do you have opponents and antagonists? What are you involved in? Are you an athlete or a politician or something?

When you can work like that construction worker on the skyscraper, I will give you an ounce of respect.

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I can respect someone who can back themselves up in a debate, and a high interest in intellectual activities and abstract theories

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Russian interests are not in line with american interests. Becuase Yeltsin pretty much sucked up to the U.S, russia was in such a sorry state.

During Yeltsin, Russia was in a sorry state because it was a corrupt free for all, not because Yeltsin sucked up to the US.

Correlation vs. causation, etc.

RenaiReborn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Respect...

Personally I respect high intellect, passion, honesty, work ethic, adaptability, and dare I say it, a degree of compassion. However, my respect for any of these traits can be counteracted by the person's misuse of any said trait.

Actually, I change my mind. I admire those traits, but I respect someone who makes use of them to not only better themselves, but others.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I respect non-NTs who act like NTs, and disrespect other NTs. Friggin st00pidz dey is

pathetically lovely

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I respect people who can hold up an intellectual conversation, live to learn (not necessarily academic things, but something along those lines), and have a unique imagination. But that changes depending on someone's attitude and stuff.