User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I take a bit of what I said in my first post back. I respect janitors. I respect farmers. I respect people who uphold their religious truths out of the goodness of their hearts. I respect people who are genuinely enthused by what they do. I respect our soldiers and our vets. I respect the people who work hard to make a living and support their family without asking anything in return.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    ENTP

I respect genius's, and people who can think of ideas and concepts that I do not believe I could ever have been able to conceptualize. Also, people who create really interesting intricate plans that work.
    If you were to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

MBTI
    ENTJ

I respect...hmmm...:

- people with a sense of humour about themselves/ability to take a joke
    - anyone who can completely disagree with another person on an issue (big or small) and not take it personally - i.e. a person who realizes that a differing perspective or belief doesn't = stupid idiot who deserves to be eaten by rabid wombats
    - a person who can see the heroic and worthy in the lives of the construction worker and his wife supporting their family AND the life of the brilliant mathematician doing groundbreaking work etc.
    - people who can resist societal 'peer pressure' re: what's of value - I respect this because I think it's damned difficult
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

I could say that I respect everyone as a human being because we are inherently have our own positive and negative qualities but that really wouldn't say much overall. So I suppose I'll list the qualities that I respect in people enough to actually aspire to consistently:

-I respect people who defend their values irregardless of whether those values are congruent with my own. If a professed Nazi were to fight with the same devotion and respect that I have for my own ideals than I would view him as more honorable than many of the bureaucrats that support me.

-I respect those who are introspective enough to develop their own code of honor or set of moralistic guidelines. The absence of such would be seriously pushing me into the realm of disgust as I would feel that they are making waste of the human faculties to form such things. A true hedonist (steal, kill, rape without self-question) would be the opposite of someone I respect.

-I respect those who have through hard work, skill, or talent, managed to reach an unusual level of competence. The easiest and most direct way to gain my respect is to stalemate me in something I practice and devote myself to on a regular basis (science, business). Being able to actually beat me earns major kudos while intelligence and creativity by themselves are seen as admirable. Less so if not applied to accomplishing something within the real world.

-Confidence and a willingness to help others are major pluses. I can't stand bystander apathy.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    I respect...hmmm...:

- anyone who can completely disagree with another person on an issue (big or small) and not take it personally - i.e. a person who realizes that a differing perspective or belief doesn't = stupid idiot who deserves to be eaten by rabid wombats.
    Next person to post in this thread gets torn to pieces by enraged sloths.
    Just picking up patterns here... but what is the deal with destroying people via exotic animals?

I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    It's not a zero sum game. You're still a dork.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

sloths freak me out to no end. ick.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Just picking up patterns here... but what is the deal with destroying people via exotic animals?

I like it.
    Join me. Help me tend my murderous exotic animals so we can unleash them on the deserving! *insert evil laugh*
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

Enneagram
    9w8

- anyone who can completely disagree with another person on an issue (big or small) and not take it personally - i.e. a person who realizes that a differing perspective or belief doesn't = stupid idiot who deserves to be eaten by rabid wombats
    Since I don't like repeating others when they've said something well, I agree with this^, to begin with.

Also:

• Those who can take a step back from life and ruefully laugh, even during the truly hard times.
    • All those who listen to what others have to say. Related to what Kangirl said, but not the same.
    • People who are honest and respectful of themselves and others in relationships - no trickery, games, and being able to follow your own path without mowing down others. This is so difficult for some...

That's not all, but those are in my mind right now.

MBTI
    INTP

Intelligent, innovative, competent, loyal, and caring people.

MBTI
    ENtJ
    Enneagram
    8w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

I respect people with self confidence that are content with themselves. Maybe not necessarily assertive people, but those that are decisive and know what they want or are unafraid to ask. I also like people that are fun but productive.
    "Yet, the right act
    Is less, far less, than the right-thinking mind.
    Seek refuge in thy soul; have there thy heaven!"