User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post

I think Putin is pretty awesome too. But he needs to lay off the evil though. Everything is good in moderation. I mean fucking common. Make friends with US already. Why you gotta hold a grudge man? Don't you know that grudge is what destroyed Michael Corleone? An another awesome, yet flawed, INTJ.... *sigh*
    Russian interests are not in line with american interests. Becuase Yeltsin pretty much sucked up to the U.S, russia was in such a sorry state.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    I don't respect competence, but more I respect qualities the person possessed that cannot be taught and learned. Academics and intelligence does not express all the qualities a person has, and alot of people have virtues and capabilites that are not expressed in this society, simply because they do not have a chance to do so. I also respect my opponents and antagonists, but this really depends on what character that person has.

I however , do not respect people who have a blind adherence to authority and societal norms and could not think on their own.
    Hey Cloud, just out of curiosity, why do you have opponents and antagonists? What are you involved in? Are you an athlete or a politician or something?

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

I respect scientists, engineers and mathematicians. I respect those who want to increase their intelligence, learn more and allow others to live their lives as they see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Hey Cloud, just out of curiosity, why do you have opponents and antagonists? What are you involved in? Are you an athlete or a politician or something?
    When you can work like that construction worker on the skyscraper, I will give you an ounce of respect.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

When you can work like that construction worker on the skyscraper, I will give you an ounce of respect.
    You seem to have a pretty narrow version of what is respectable.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I can respect someone who can back themselves up in a debate, and a high interest in intellectual activities and abstract theories
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Incidentally, I believe that I am a dominant Ti user, and I often have trouble explaining things that I understand well. It's a matter of organizing the presentation of material. I can have it perfectly organized in my head all at once, but structuring the sequential delivery of material so that others understand is a different matter entirely, and requires a different skill set that I am apparently lacking.

MBTI
    INTJ

Russian interests are not in line with american interests. Becuase Yeltsin pretty much sucked up to the U.S, russia was in such a sorry state.
    During Yeltsin, Russia was in a sorry state because it was a corrupt free for all, not because Yeltsin sucked up to the US.

Correlation vs. causation, etc.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Respect...

Personally I respect high intellect, passion, honesty, work ethic, adaptability, and dare I say it, a degree of compassion. However, my respect for any of these traits can be counteracted by the person's misuse of any said trait.

Actually, I change my mind. I admire those traits, but I respect someone who makes use of them to not only better themselves, but others.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I respect non-NTs who act like NTs, and disrespect other NTs. Friggin st00pidz dey is

Junior Member pathetically lovely's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I respect people who can hold up an intellectual conversation, live to learn (not necessarily academic things, but something along those lines), and have a unique imagination. But that changes depending on someone's attitude and stuff.