• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT, what type of people do you respect?

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I take a bit of what I said in my first post back. I respect janitors. I respect farmers. I respect people who uphold their religious truths out of the goodness of their hearts. I respect people who are genuinely enthused by what they do. I respect our soldiers and our vets. I respect the people who work hard to make a living and support their family without asking anything in return.

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
I respect genius's, and people who can think of ideas and concepts that I do not believe I could ever have been able to conceptualize. Also, people who create really interesting intricate plans that work.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I respect...hmmm...:

- people with a sense of humour about themselves/ability to take a joke
- anyone who can completely disagree with another person on an issue (big or small) and not take it personally - i.e. a person who realizes that a differing perspective or belief doesn't = stupid idiot who deserves to be eaten by rabid wombats
- a person who can see the heroic and worthy in the lives of the construction worker and his wife supporting their family AND the life of the brilliant mathematician doing groundbreaking work etc.
- people who can resist societal 'peer pressure' re: what's of value - I respect this because I think it's damned difficult

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I could say that I respect everyone as a human being because we are inherently have our own positive and negative qualities but that really wouldn't say much overall. So I suppose I'll list the qualities that I respect in people enough to actually aspire to consistently:

-I respect people who defend their values irregardless of whether those values are congruent with my own. If a professed Nazi were to fight with the same devotion and respect that I have for my own ideals than I would view him as more honorable than many of the bureaucrats that support me.

-I respect those who are introspective enough to develop their own code of honor or set of moralistic guidelines. The absence of such would be seriously pushing me into the realm of disgust as I would feel that they are making waste of the human faculties to form such things. A true hedonist (steal, kill, rape without self-question) would be the opposite of someone I respect.

-I respect those who have through hard work, skill, or talent, managed to reach an unusual level of competence. The easiest and most direct way to gain my respect is to stalemate me in something I practice and devote myself to on a regular basis (science, business). Being able to actually beat me earns major kudos while intelligence and creativity by themselves are seen as admirable. Less so if not applied to accomplishing something within the real world.

-Confidence and a willingness to help others are major pluses. I can't stand bystander apathy.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
I respect...hmmm...:

- anyone who can completely disagree with another person on an issue (big or small) and not take it personally - i.e. a person who realizes that a differing perspective or belief doesn't = stupid idiot who deserves to be eaten by rabid wombats.

Next person to post in this thread gets torn to pieces by enraged sloths.

Just picking up patterns here... but what is the deal with destroying people via exotic animals?

I like it.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
sloths freak me out to no end. ick.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Just picking up patterns here... but what is the deal with destroying people via exotic animals?

I like it.

Join me. Help me tend my murderous exotic animals so we can unleash them on the deserving! *insert evil laugh*

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
- anyone who can completely disagree with another person on an issue (big or small) and not take it personally - i.e. a person who realizes that a differing perspective or belief doesn't = stupid idiot who deserves to be eaten by rabid wombats

Since I don't like repeating others when they've said something well, I agree with this^, to begin with.

Also:

• Those who can take a step back from life and ruefully laugh, even during the truly hard times.
  • All those who listen to what others have to say. Related to what Kangirl said, but not the same.
  • People who are honest and respectful of themselves and others in relationships - no trickery, games, and being able to follow your own path without mowing down others. This is so difficult for some...

That's not all, but those are in my mind right now.

Ardent15

MBTI Type
INTP
Intelligent, innovative, competent, loyal, and caring people.

cheerful-pessimist

MBTI Type
ENtJ
Enneagram
8w4
I respect people with self confidence that are content with themselves. Maybe not necessarily assertive people, but those that are decisive and know what they want or are unafraid to ask. I also like people that are fun but productive.

nucleaReligion

MBTI Type
ENTP
I admire George Carlin...nonconformist, intellectual, brilliant...funny.

But I generally enjoy being around people who are playful, enjoy a conversation, debate, tea, hard working, intelligent, laid back (although occasionally a person who is Type A is fun to hang around), a good sense of humor...that's about it for me.