• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Adapting to Situations

VinceBaker

MBTI Type
INTJ
I noticed something recently about myself, I'm incredibly adaptable. For example, I moved recently and didn't miss a beat. I packed up, moved, and unpacked in one day, hardly changed anything, beside a dramatic change in scenery and set-up.

It happens on a day-to-day basis too. If a friend goes through a dramatic change of any sort (hair cut, change in attitude, plastic surgery) I accept it and move on in minutes.

Is this normal among NTs? I did test INTP once or twice a few months ago, so it might have to do with the P over J. It's just from what I've read, NTs tend to be less adept at this than the other types, but I could be wrong.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I suppose I'm pretty adaptable. I'd go into details, but my I is making me too uncomfortable to discuss it. = \

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I am extremely adaptable. Within 2 hours of any new event, it feels to me like it's always been that way.

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
Not an NT, but I wonder if adaptability correlates with weak Si.

Although maybe being T in itself helps because there's less chance of emotional attachment to the previous situation?

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
I moved out of home at 17 to live with a friend, then a different friend, then with an Aunt, then at a shelter, then went to a live-there-vocational school, then with my gf's mom, then got my own apartment and jobs at 18, and none of it phased me. I learned how to fit in anywhere i was, though I was standoffish at first, i soon soaked into the enviroment, and i was never homesick.

93JC

myworldischanging-stephen.jpg

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
i move every 4 months...i have no qualms as to whats to come

i have an ESTP bud, possibly ESFP who can't get over his school life and loves reminiscing about it...like all the flippin time

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My family moved around a lot when I was a kid.
So, I feel suffocated if I'm not traveling at least once a year.

I also view dramatic change as a path to finding the truth.
By surrounding yourself with change, you can begin to find the patterns that remain the same no matter what. Patterns that apply despite the environment, the class, the social norms, etc.

I push myself to be adapting constantly because of this.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sort off. At least in my own INTP way I can adapt really easy. Like on the fly.

But for some reason there has always been people feeling concerned thinking I have trouble adapting. :D

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Sort off. At least in my own INTP way I can adapt really easy. Like on the fly.

But for some reason there has always been people feeling concerned thinking I have trouble adapting. :D

maybe there's some truth to that then. guess what? i blame Si.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
maybe there's some truth to that then. guess what? i blame Si.

Hehe, my whole reason for the debate the other day about rigidity was to see how you would respond in such a debate towards someone that doesn't seem to understand your opinion. You're impossible to argue with as you don't have the patience to try and explain your point to someone else that doesn't understand what you say but is making an attempt to try and understand you. You don't care about wanting to change other people opinions as much as you would like to think. Or it tires you quickly if other people don't understand you.

Not that I expect you will agree with me. Which is why I made the ruse in the first place. But the very reason INTP's are rigid in their arguements towards you is simply because your style of debate is a very stale one. You make your point and want to be done with it.

Now that's all good and fine, my intention was just to see if that was the reason you view INTPs as you do. And this was the only way for me to test that, because, if I was right, and I believe I was. You wouldn't have submitted to a direct conversation regarding this point. And you will not now.

I didn't intend to say this as my intentions were for me personally. But you're over-rating Si now as a result, and start to be judgemental on about everything I say. So here it is.

By the way, all I'm saying is that we're different, I'm not saying either one is right in our ways and methods, but I hope we can co-exist at least without the unneccesary banter that seems to have arisen.

Have a nice day!

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
seems i underestimated you then. excellent work, fluffy. i knew you wouldn't disappoint.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
I've always thought most TPs would excel in a war-like situation on "front lines". We're just thought of as lazy or flakey in a monotnous humdrum of corporate america.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
seems i underestimated you then. excellent work, fluffy. i knew you wouldn't disappoint.

And as it now seems, that feeling is mutual. :yes:

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I used to think I was adaptable; turns out I'm so indifferent to most things I'd sooner just move around it, because I don't want to waste energy huffing and puffing.

For instance, I'm not an easy eater because I like most foods. I simply have a basic standard of what I consider nice food. So, I'm an easy eater because I'm not judgmental over food.

Force me to change an aspect of my life that I actually consider important? No chance.

I guess I'm passively flexible? I'm not sure that counts as adaptable (which to me implies a proactive flexibility).

medica

MBTI Type
ENTP
I went to different schools every year between 1987/88 (last year of primary school) and 1992/93 (first year of college). Six different schools in six years. No problem. Yeah, I'm pretty good at adapting to situations.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I've lived in the same house since I was born. I haven't had to change schools. I've lost a few friends, which was devastating. But in the long haul, if it's for the better, I'll abide the change. If it's for the worse, I'll just be a depressed little bastard.:cry: