User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Adapting to Situations

Senior Member Array

Lol...not me. There are lots of things I can adapt to, but if my instincts tell
    me a situation isn't working, it nags and nags at my gut until i take matters
    into my own hands and do something to change it. Sometimes when I get an
    idea that I think will work I actually catch myself doing things without realizing
    it like having a few light snacks but only actually eating one full meal in twenty four hours or a little more or I catch myself thinking of what a fictional
    character from a book would have done that was good at thinking and followi-
    ng things through for some inspiration while I go on realism in the 'outer world'
    and I think about challenging things I have been doing for something else to
    put that mental energy into then i talk to a friend about something unrelated
    or go on a walk and when my head's had a chance to clear, something clicks,
    I figure out how to go about doing it.

Alexander the Terrible Array yenom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VinceBaker View Post
    I noticed something recently about myself, I'm incredibly adaptable. For example, I moved recently and didn't miss a beat. I packed up, moved, and unpacked in one day, hardly changed anything, beside a dramatic change in scenery and set-up.

It happens on a day-to-day basis too. If a friend goes through a dramatic change of any sort (hair cut, change in attitude, plastic surgery) I accept it and move on in minutes.

Is this normal among NTs? I did test INTP once or twice a few months ago, so it might have to do with the P over J. It's just from what I've read, NTs tend to be less adept at this than the other types, but I could be wrong.
    Try switching jobs 100 times a year. And then do this for 5 years. A friend of mine did this to understand the world economy. (I will follow his example very soon)

Try to go to a new foreign country with no money and you know nothing about the language and survive there for 2-3 years.
    Try to hitchike your way across a contient on a backpack with no money.
    These are all good adaptation challenges.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.