• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] XNTJ humor vs XNTP humor

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I found a nichtlustig.de joke, I have to share ! :D
-
"And I warned him, I said Erwin, stop turning around in circles while peeing. But no..." :D

040216.jpg

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm... my powers of alternate pronounciation and vowel substitution have been pwnd...

entropie, I think I'm starting to see how you feel most of the time on this board. :hug:

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
German humour... it DOES exist after all :D

No, you're wrong. It doesn't.

---

Me after having seen Entropie's cartoons:---> :sleeping:

---

Now, time for real sophisticated humour:

And since the subject is xNTJ (Graham Chapman) vs xNTP (John Cleese):

[YOUTUBE="DmHX0qPQS0M"]Job interview[/YOUTUBE]

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
No, you're wrong. It doesn't.

---

Me after having seen Entropie's cartoons:---> :sleeping:

---

Now, time for real sophisticated humour:

And since the subject is xNTJ (Graham Chapman) vs xNTP (John Cleese):

[YOUTUBE="DmHX0qPQS0M"]Job interview[/YOUTUBE]

I normally hate Brit humor......but I did LOL much with this one.

Erudur

MBTI Type
INTJ
NTP humor tends to be more witty.

NTJ humor tends to be more brutal/hostile.

Antisocial One, I may like you were I to meet you irl, but online you just kinda come off to me as over-the-top mean. I feel an Fi-egalitarian kindness buried down in me that, for me, draws a line in front of the kind of stuff you bring forth as humor.

The few INTJ friends I know are witty in their humor, and while the INTPs I know can be too, they also may more often be silly in their humor which is hit or miss for me.

Amargith, you seem to really get INTJs - at least that's what comes across to me when you post. Certain friends seam to really track with my humor and with those people, I can enjoy long sessions of witty banter. It warms my heart that there are some INTJs out there that share that kind of experience with you.

Here are a couple examples of stuff I find hillarious. Slapstick I hate. I remember hating the banality of most saturday morning cartoons I can remember, as well.

The Videogum "Louis C.K. Promise": Don't Play Games - Late Night - Videogum

YouTube - Demetri Martin - "The Jokes With Guitar"

I don't know what MBTI types these guys are, but I'd be interested in feedback. I can say that I haven't so much enjoyed a lot of Louis CKs other stuff.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Love the LouisCK. I'm not getting a good read on his type, though.

Martin is a self-described INTJ, though he comes off more INTPish in delivery.

turquoisecat

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Last weekend, I went to a bookstore at the mall with my cousin and my cousin's friend, and while I was walking around, I noticed something that was completely hilarious and absurd to me, making me wish I had a camera to capture such absurdity.

On a shelf, underneath a big, fat "NON-FICTION" sign there stood a row of childrens' Bibles. I started laughing hysterically, causing my cousin and his friend to see what was up. "Well, I guess this just goes to show what the manager of the store believes."

This anecdote reminds me of something I encountered at a bookstore recently. All the bibles were arranged on a shelf right next to the "how-to" sex books with graphic covers.

Needles to say, I LOL'd.

Erudur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Love the LouisCK. I'm not getting a good read on his type, though.

Martin is a self-described INTJ, though he comes off more INTPish in delivery.

What about Martin do you see as INTP'ish rather than INTJ'ish?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
What about Martin do you see as INTP'ish rather than INTJ'ish?

Hmm, that's gonna be hard to answer, b/c it's more of a "feel" thing. Part of it is the lesser intensity, I think, and the sort of open-ended feel. He's kind of got the INTP deadpan thing where you know he's in on the joke. INTJs tend to be too serious when they try to deadpan, though being a professional comedian, I'm sure he'd be more aware of things like that. There's a thread on Demetri Martin in the Pop Culture typing section--most people tended to see him as INTP there, too, I think. Will see if I can dig it up.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Antisocial One, I may like you were I to meet you irl, but online you just kinda come off to me as over-the-top mean.

1. As it was already said in the therad this type of humor doe not work properly on interenet forums.

2. Eastern European humor is more brutal and politically incorrect then humor in the USA. (I am from Eastern Europe)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Hmm, that's gonna be hard to answer, b/c it's more of a "feel" thing. Part of it is the lesser intensity, I think, and the sort of open-ended feel. He's kind of got the INTP deadpan thing where you know he's in on the joke. INTJs tend to be too serious when they try to deadpan, though being a professional comedian, I'm sure he'd be more aware of things like that. There's a thread on Demetri Martin in the Pop Culture typing section--most people tended to see him as INTP there, too, I think. Will see if I can dig it up.

Update: I can't seem to find that thread, though I definitely remember a discussion about it. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP's humor is used as a crutch. It's our escape pod. I know I've been asked about a lot of things I don't want to answer or more often it's this situation: the person who is asking my opinion (normally an F and it's about interpersonal matters) wants an answer but yet if I give my HONEST opinion it would probably deeply hurt the F, so I use a quick one-liner about the situation to relieve the F and change the subject.

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Humor is one of the few things I have trouble describing. I have an ironical crooked-faced laugh that has angered a lot of people throughout my life. When asked, "what's so damn funny!?" I usually say it's nothing. The sarcasm in my humor could be detected from a very young age. For instance, I recall being at a friend of the family's house when I was maybe 5 or 6 who had just bought an indoor excercise bicycle. She was so excited as she told my mom about it (and she was also grossly overweight). At one point, she looked down at little me for a reaction and I said, "You could really use that!" hah. Then she took me aside and gave me a little lecture on being sensitive to the feelings of others. Needless to say, truth before emotional considerations was my instinct even from a young age and I understood sarcasm when other children were learning ABC. However, over the years I've learned to be more disciplined, in many cases I will just say nothing rather than verbalizing what is most salient which inevitably hurts others' feelings. Nonetheless, it is still there. In grade 11, I sent my math teacher in a fury swearing at me in front of the whole class and nearly losing her job. She told me afterwards that I'd got her right in the jugular. Today, I'm much more comfortable explaining a complex theory to a room filled with people than making a joke in a hockey dressing room. All things equal, I consider myself more intellectual than witty. It's really only a few people who I'm comfortable enough around that I can let my intuition run wild and even in these cases I rarely direct it at them primarily because I understand the value of a good friendship which is not something I'd want to destroy by being reckless. Moreover, when others try to be funny I usually find it rather pathetic. I think certain people who are very animated and ideosyncratic can be genuinely funny because the ultimate measure of humor is in one's ability to compromise oneself. This is radically different from a person of a more serious nature who merely makes wise-cracks and expects the content of the jokes and witticisms to be themselves sufficient. In my experience, the former is much funnier and more authentic than the latter.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm funny when I try not to be and vice versa. Unfortunately, I can't control the funniness, otherwise I'd probably get along a lot better in social settings.