User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I can also be completely insane pretend to be a whale and storm through a beguinage and keep up that act kind of silly/funny. I have no problem with acting like a total fool when it cracks me+audience up. INTPs are more composed IME.
    Same.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Silly is good when there are at least a few other people who don't have a carrot up their ass...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

wtf, XNTJs don't even have humour..... just look at the greatest comedians ever. OBVIOUSLY ALL NTP!!!! NO PROOFZ NEEDE#D SI)RZ

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    I agree with those saying that NTP seems to be more detached and NTJ more personal. I know that my sense of humour is personal and cruelty laced a lot of the time, and I also enjoy that in other people as well. The meaner and sicker the joke, the more I laugh. That's why I love Edgar so much.
    Mmmmm... ENTJ love... uncomfortable and fleeting... kind of like a herpes sore.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

My humor goes over the heads of most. Sometimes it's foolish and childish such as:

Rainbows on vent: "I have a seafood allergy"

Me: "So what do you have to close your eyes when you eat"

Sometimes it's dry and expressionless I call this my "are you serious" humor and it goes as follows:

After an accident a few months ago the medic guy checks me out and about 5 minutes later another one comes and asked me if I'm alright. I tell him that I was checked out by some guy already as I pretended to look for him (the other two medics were clearly 30 feet away). I said "well whatever he said I was fine" so as the medic turns around to walk away I say "I just don't understand one thing, why did he need to check my prostate"? The guy looked at me so confused and had no idea what to say because while he was pretty sure I was joking I had a straight slightly concerned face and how could I possibly be joking about shit after I just totaled my car.

Then I have the totally morbid humor such as:

Me: "I stopped a murder yesterday"

Them: "NO SHIT! How?"

Me: "I changed my mind"

Or

"What's the different between a (insert racial slur here) and an Onion?"

What?

"Nobody cries when you chop up a (racial slur)."

The only subjects I won't touch are rape, peoples kids or any combination of kids/sex.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

ENTP: Punny.
    INTP: Dada if socialized, mechanical if not.
    ENTJ: Dry.
    INTJ: Drier.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Then I must be a heretic because I HATE Family Guy. Plus have you seen those short cartoons that Seth McFarlane has on YouTube? Sooooo bad it's embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Because it is not clever. And no, I'm not religious...the only thing it offends is my brain. I realize some people like it, though, and that my position is probably the minority. It's a rare occasion when that show elicits anything other than boredom or disgust from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    It is embarrassingly simple. I laugh at some jokes and off kilter remarks, typically by Brian, but the main humor of the show remains simple silliness and crude absurdities.
    I love you both. *smooches* I can't stand Family Guy. I think I have maybe laughed at it once. I think The Simpsons and South Park do clever + silly + social relevance WAY better.

I like MP, but I liked it better when I was younger, as far as the series (Still love Holy Grail and Life of Brian). I prefer something like Blackadder. I like stuff that is both clever and silly--like the Airplane movies and 30 Rock. Stuff that goes so fast that you might not notice all the jokes and visuals and references until you've seen it several times. I also really like the Austrailian Kath & Kim...character humor plus subtle commentary about how ridiculous people can be = win.

I can't stand stuff that's so obvious it hits you over the head like a cartoon anvil. Or stale stuff that gets recycled for romantic comedy.

Physical comedy can be hilarious if it's done well--it's just not usually done well. Rowan Atkinson does some brilliant physical stuff that actually makes you think. Sometimes I wish I had the ability to be physically funny.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Hah, my dad does the "shock everyone with taboo topics" from time to time. He's either an IsTJ or InTJ, and today for example, we visited my aunt's house who had a new dog. Also, it is necessary for the sake of joke to mention he had a stroke, quad bypass, and my mom wants a divorce in the span of a year. The dog gets one look at my dad and starts to whimper/cry [he hates dogs and animals in general]. My aunt says "Aww, Kurt he's crying for you!"

Dad says, "Yeah, because she knows I'm dying." Delivered perfectly, completely deadpan, I almost pissed my pants.

Also IxTJs seem to have the most "You had to be there" jokes.
    Hahahaha!:yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_
    I just stopped laughing, and I'm crying a little.

Good lord...

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Actually, not so in my case. Though NTP humor is hilarious..it's more likely to make me cringe than NTJ humor. It's why I started this thread. I was hoping to see why that was

It's prolly the Fi/Fe thing again, but I've found that it's harder to determine when NTPs are actually joking than when NTJs joke. And oddly enough, to me INTJ humor is often more detached and less directed towards a person than NTP humor. Maybe it's because of the sarcasm, or the fact that they, as you say, don't finish their jokes like you do? I have no clue
    Here's one to make you cringe (you deserve it).

Advice on how to save water during droughts: drown puppies in the toilet instead of the bathtub.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

what's the difference between ESTP humor and ENTP humor? (sorry for deviating from the subject)
    5 3 9