First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    I thought it was blasphemous when somone said they didn't like the Family Guy.
    Then I must be a heretic because I HATE Family Guy. Plus have you seen those short cartoons that Seth McFarlane has on YouTube? Sooooo bad it's embarrassing.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    There's just something strange about laughing at someone who gets hurt. I will see brief bits of shows like Americas Funniest Videos full of people cracking up at a person who wrecked their bike, fell on their ass or otherwise got hurt and I have not the tiniest inkling to laugh.

I dont understand it. It isn't funny. All I can think is 'Ouch... why are all these mofo's laughing? That would suck...'

If someone gets hurt, it's not funny.

But when there are no serious injuries, it's a real-life situation, and the person bounces back immediately, I will laugh and laugh and laugh ... especially if the person was doing something stupid.

:yim_rolling_on_the_

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    There's just something strange about laughing at someone who gets hurt. I will see brief bits of shows like Americas Funniest Videos full of people cracking up at a person who wrecked their bike, fell on their ass or otherwise got hurt and I have not the tiniest inkling to laugh.

I dont understand it. It isn't funny. All I can think is 'Ouch... why are all these mofo's laughing? That would suck...'

I am not sure you can say laughing at someones pain is purely out of humor. A comedy laugh is different from a tragic accident laugh. I think it is a way of dealing with a traumatic event that perhaps we don't have the right emotional response for.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Then I must be a heretic because I HATE Family Guy. Plus have you seen those short cartoons that Seth McFarlane has on YouTube? Sooooo bad it's embarrassing.
    What is your reason for hating it? Different people hate it for different reasons. Most because it offends their religion.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Eh, the only humour I still laugh at is when stupid hurts or during horror flicks... There's just something about a bimbo getting beheaded that makes me laugh my ass off. I swear I'm not a sociopath though!
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

What is your reason for hating it? Different people hate it for different reasons. Most because it offends their religion.
    Because it is not clever. And no, I'm not religious...the only thing it offends is my brain. I realize some people like it, though, and that my position is probably the minority. It's a rare occasion when that show elicits anything other than boredom or disgust from me.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I think monty python is just NT in general with a mixture of J and P which is probably what made them so popular as they make interesting observations as well as funny ones.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

It is embarrassingly simple. I laugh at some jokes and off kilter remarks, typically by Brian, but the main humor of the show remains simple silliness and crude absurdities.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Because it is not clever. And no, I'm not religious...the only thing it offends is my brain. I realize some people like it, though, and that my position is probably the minority. It's a rare occasion when that show elicits anything other than boredom or disgust from me.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    It is embarrassingly simple. I laugh at some jokes and off kilter remarks, typically by Brian, but the main humor of the show remains simple silliness and crude absurdities.
    And with that.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I think this might be NTP comedy as its very perceptive at times and also very real. Also extremely brittish:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQKk99I3wTQ&feature=channel"][/YOUTUBE]

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I think this might be NTP comedy as its very perceptive at times and also very real and random. Also extremely brittish:

anyone know how to get youtube vids to work on this?

well heres the address

YouTube - The Inbetweeners | Fish Punch | E4