• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] XNTJ humor vs XNTP humor

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
NTP humor tends to be more witty.

NTJ humor tends to be more brutal/hostile.

:yes:

NTP Humor: ('Active') Monty Python, Stephen Colbert

IxTJ Humor: ('Passive') Leaders of the Unintentional Humor
- Often the 'Straight Man' in comedy duos.
- Very deadpan.
- Humor often derives from astute observations with little intent to be humorous.
- Full attempts to be humorous usually doesn't follow through. It confuses more than amuses. But the IxTJ may be chuckling to themselves the entire time.
- Delayed response in grasping social mores/pop. culture can be humorous (to other people).
examples: Dr. Temperance Brennan from 'Bones'

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
- Full attempts to be humorous usually doesn't follow through. It confuses more than amuses. But the IxTJ may be chuckling to themselves the entire time.

Oh, that's another thing: INTJs are agonizingly prone to laughing at our own jokes, often beginning before we've even finished saying them as we anticipate the punchline. :doh: NTPs are admirably free of this flaw, though I don't recall any ENTJs doing it either, so maybe it's just an INTJ thing.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Oh, that's another thing: INTJs are agonizingly prone to laughing at our own jokes, often beginning before we've even finished saying them as we anticipate the punchline. :doh: NTPs are admirably free of this flaw, though I don't recall any ENTJs doing it either, so maybe it's just an INTJ thing.

I frequently laugh at my own jokes, and I'm not an INTJ. However, it's not because I'm anticipating the punchline.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I've never liked Monty Python.

I don't usually laugh at slapstick either. It's too medium stupid. Something can't just be somewhat stupid to make me laugh. It has to be beyond all expectations of stupidity. Or it has to have a second layer.

Colbert is funny though. :D

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
There's just something strange about laughing at someone who gets hurt. I will see brief bits of shows like Americas Funniest Videos full of people cracking up at a person who wrecked their bike, fell on their ass or otherwise got hurt and I have not the tiniest inkling to laugh.

I dont understand it. It isn't funny. All I can think is 'Ouch... why are all these mofo's laughing? That would suck...'

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I thought it was blasphemous when somone said they didn't like the Family Guy.

Then I must be a heretic because I HATE Family Guy. Plus have you seen those short cartoons that Seth McFarlane has on YouTube? Sooooo bad it's embarrassing.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
There's just something strange about laughing at someone who gets hurt. I will see brief bits of shows like Americas Funniest Videos full of people cracking up at a person who wrecked their bike, fell on their ass or otherwise got hurt and I have not the tiniest inkling to laugh.

I dont understand it. It isn't funny. All I can think is 'Ouch... why are all these mofo's laughing? That would suck...'

If someone gets hurt, it's not funny.

But when there are no serious injuries, it's a real-life situation, and the person bounces back immediately, I will laugh and laugh and laugh ... especially if the person was doing something stupid.

:yim_rolling_on_the_

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa

I am not sure you can say laughing at someones pain is purely out of humor. A comedy laugh is different from a tragic accident laugh. I think it is a way of dealing with a traumatic event that perhaps we don't have the right emotional response for.

Then I must be a heretic because I HATE Family Guy. Plus have you seen those short cartoons that Seth McFarlane has on YouTube? Sooooo bad it's embarrassing.

What is your reason for hating it? Different people hate it for different reasons. Most because it offends their religion.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh, the only humour I still laugh at is when stupid hurts or during horror flicks... There's just something about a bimbo getting beheaded that makes me laugh my ass off. I swear I'm not a sociopath though! :puppy_dog_eyes:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
What is your reason for hating it? Different people hate it for different reasons. Most because it offends their religion.

Because it is not clever. And no, I'm not religious...the only thing it offends is my brain. I realize some people like it, though, and that my position is probably the minority. It's a rare occasion when that show elicits anything other than boredom or disgust from me.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think monty python is just NT in general with a mixture of J and P which is probably what made them so popular as they make interesting observations as well as funny ones.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

It is embarrassingly simple. I laugh at some jokes and off kilter remarks, typically by Brian, but the main humor of the show remains simple silliness and crude absurdities.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Because it is not clever. And no, I'm not religious...the only thing it offends is my brain. I realize some people like it, though, and that my position is probably the minority. It's a rare occasion when that show elicits anything other than boredom or disgust from me.

I agree.

It is embarrassingly simple. I laugh at some jokes and off kilter remarks, typically by Brian, but the main humor of the show remains simple silliness and crude absurdities.

And with that.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think this might be NTP comedy as its very perceptive at times and also very real. Also extremely brittish:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQKk99I3wTQ&feature=channel"][/YOUTUBE]