User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    That I'm lazy and not fully awake right now, but still wanted to make something vaguely sort of not quite humorous.
    Ah, lesson learned, not all foundation of truth can translate to humour.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Ah, lesson learned, not all foundation of truth can translate to humour.
    It all depends on context and delivery.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INTP

I do know that the INTJ Humor thread was the unfunniest thread ever. As I explained in that thread, sometimes INTJs just go for shock value to amuse themselves, but they don't turn their observation into an actual joke. So it ends up being something that amuses THEM, but no one else. I sometimes laugh at stuff INTJs say, but it's usually not when they're trying to be funny--it's when they've said something out of exasperation, and the way they phrased it was hilarious. Eh, it works. I like INTJs, but they're not nature's comedians.

INTPs like wordplay and reframing things, making the normal less boring, as Aderack was saying. We're funniest when we have a likeminded individual to play off of. We can be serious, but then we can't take it anymore and have to lighten things up.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENFJ

I suppose I'm the only INTJ in the world that hates pure shock value.

I have to admit that I don't know any other INTJs in real life.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I do know that the INTJ Humor thread was the unfunniest thread ever. As I explained in that thread, sometimes INTJs just go for shock value to amuse themselves, but they don't turn their observation into an actual joke. So it ends up being something that amuses THEM, but no one else. I sometimes laugh at stuff INTJs say, but it's usually not when they're trying to be funny--it's when they've said something out of exasperation, and the way they phrased it was hilarious. Eh, it works. I like INTJs, but they're not nature's comedians.

INTPs like wordplay and reframing things, making the normal less boring, as Aderack was saying. We're funniest when we have a likeminded individual to play off of. We can be serious, but then we can't take it anymore and have to lighten things up.
    I also think that INTJs come across as more amusing IRL than online. When trying to express shock value through text, something just doesn't translate. I guess it's easier to provoke negative emotions and amusement with shock value when you're face-to-face with someone, or with images.

That's why the funniest things INTJs post on this site tend to be things they found on Google Images, rather than writings they've made up themselves.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I agree with those saying that NTP seems to be more detached and NTJ more personal. I know that my sense of humour is personal and cruelty laced a lot of the time, and I also enjoy that in other people as well. The meaner and sicker the joke, the more I laugh. That's why I love Edgar so much.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I also think that INTJs come across as more amusing IRL than online.
    True - I think NTJs are hella funny online but even moreso irl. It's just that one step too far business that has me cringe sometimes**. But overall, I get a kick out of them and also out of their dry delivery.

**and if it's one step too far for me, it's probably extremely over the top for non-NTs.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I find INTJs more funny if we're with several people, and they manage to offend at least a couple of the other people with their "sick" joke. Or if they try to pull a joke off in a totally inappropriate context. Otherwise, on their own I find INTJ jokes to be neither shocking nor funny. This is coming from my limited experience with the couple of INTJs I've known throughout my life.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    INTPs are the dry version of ENTP humour.
    You kidding? I'm a real jocular farceur! !

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    True - I think NTJs are hella funny online but even moreso irl.
    My experience with NTJs is limited... but,
    I did have this INTJ friend once. One day, we were going to a con, and I was dressed as the Mad Hatter. Except. Then my hat blew away, and as we watched it roll in the wind, she just kind of mumbled, "Now you're plain mad."

Oh man! It killed me... especially since she watched me crack-up with a completely serious expression. XD

Quote Originally Posted by nocebo View Post
    You kidding? I'm a real jocular farceur! !
    Prove it!

My experience with NTJs is limited... but,
    I did have this INTJ friend once. One day, we were going to a con, and I was dressed as the Mad Hatter. Except. Then my hat blew away, and as we watched it roll in the wind, she just kind of mumbled, "Now you're plain mad."

Oh man! It killed me... especially since she watched me crack-up with a completely serious expression. XD