User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Last weekend, I went to a bookstore at the mall with my cousin and my cousin's friend, and while I was walking around, I noticed something that was completely hilarious and absurd to me, making me wish I had a camera to capture such absurdity.

On a shelf, underneath a big, fat "NON-FICTION" sign there stood a row of childrens' Bibles. I started laughing hysterically, causing my cousin and his friend to see what was up. "Well, I guess this just goes to show what the manager of the store believes."
    This anecdote reminds me of something I encountered at a bookstore recently. All the bibles were arranged on a shelf right next to the "how-to" sex books with graphic covers.

Needles to say, I LOL'd.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Love the LouisCK. I'm not getting a good read on his type, though.

Martin is a self-described INTJ, though he comes off more INTPish in delivery.
    What about Martin do you see as INTP'ish rather than INTJ'ish?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Erudur View Post
    What about Martin do you see as INTP'ish rather than INTJ'ish?
    Hmm, that's gonna be hard to answer, b/c it's more of a "feel" thing. Part of it is the lesser intensity, I think, and the sort of open-ended feel. He's kind of got the INTP deadpan thing where you know he's in on the joke. INTJs tend to be too serious when they try to deadpan, though being a professional comedian, I'm sure he'd be more aware of things like that. There's a thread on Demetri Martin in the Pop Culture typing section--most people tended to see him as INTP there, too, I think. Will see if I can dig it up.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Erudur View Post
    Antisocial One, I may like you were I to meet you irl, but online you just kinda come off to me as over-the-top mean.

1. As it was already said in the therad this type of humor doe not work properly on interenet forums.

2. Eastern European humor is more brutal and politically incorrect then humor in the USA. (I am from Eastern Europe)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Hmm, that's gonna be hard to answer, b/c it's more of a "feel" thing. Part of it is the lesser intensity, I think, and the sort of open-ended feel. He's kind of got the INTP deadpan thing where you know he's in on the joke. INTJs tend to be too serious when they try to deadpan, though being a professional comedian, I'm sure he'd be more aware of things like that. There's a thread on Demetri Martin in the Pop Culture typing section--most people tended to see him as INTP there, too, I think. Will see if I can dig it up.
    Update: I can't seem to find that thread, though I definitely remember a discussion about it. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

This it?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    This it?
    Yes! It was the spelling of the first name, I guess. Thanks!
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

INTP's humor is used as a crutch. It's our escape pod. I know I've been asked about a lot of things I don't want to answer or more often it's this situation: the person who is asking my opinion (normally an F and it's about interpersonal matters) wants an answer but yet if I give my HONEST opinion it would probably deeply hurt the F, so I use a quick one-liner about the situation to relieve the F and change the subject.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Humor is one of the few things I have trouble describing. I have an ironical crooked-faced laugh that has angered a lot of people throughout my life. When asked, "what's so damn funny!?" I usually say it's nothing. The sarcasm in my humor could be detected from a very young age. For instance, I recall being at a friend of the family's house when I was maybe 5 or 6 who had just bought an indoor excercise bicycle. She was so excited as she told my mom about it (and she was also grossly overweight). At one point, she looked down at little me for a reaction and I said, "You could really use that!" hah. Then she took me aside and gave me a little lecture on being sensitive to the feelings of others. Needless to say, truth before emotional considerations was my instinct even from a young age and I understood sarcasm when other children were learning ABC. However, over the years I've learned to be more disciplined, in many cases I will just say nothing rather than verbalizing what is most salient which inevitably hurts others' feelings. Nonetheless, it is still there. In grade 11, I sent my math teacher in a fury swearing at me in front of the whole class and nearly losing her job. She told me afterwards that I'd got her right in the jugular. Today, I'm much more comfortable explaining a complex theory to a room filled with people than making a joke in a hockey dressing room. All things equal, I consider myself more intellectual than witty. It's really only a few people who I'm comfortable enough around that I can let my intuition run wild and even in these cases I rarely direct it at them primarily because I understand the value of a good friendship which is not something I'd want to destroy by being reckless. Moreover, when others try to be funny I usually find it rather pathetic. I think certain people who are very animated and ideosyncratic can be genuinely funny because the ultimate measure of humor is in one's ability to compromise oneself. This is radically different from a person of a more serious nature who merely makes wise-cracks and expects the content of the jokes and witticisms to be themselves sufficient. In my experience, the former is much funnier and more authentic than the latter.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm funny when I try not to be and vice versa. Unfortunately, I can't control the funniness, otherwise I'd probably get along a lot better in social settings.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;