• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do you ever get "hungry" for a good argument?

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Absolutely! I'd rather use the word "debate," but when emotions get involved, a debate can quickly become an argument. But it's not the argument that I hunger for. I love playing devil's advocate when the time arises. Also, I will tend to get into debates with people of certain types. I love debating with all IN__'s, ENTPs, (I've met two ENTJ's, but I never had conversations with them so I don't really know how they think). I don't really get anywhere debating with SJ's and SP's because they tend not to be captivated by any subject that I would care to debate about.

But bottom line: Yes, I hunger for debates and will inveigle a person into one if they do not spring up naturally for a period of time, and the most awesome types to debate with are INTP's and INFP's, followed by the INTJ, who is a little more "difficult," probably because of the tertiary Fi.

...does anyone know how to fix the problem when you can't insert new text behind text that already exists because it deletes the old text as you type? I've been dealing with this in ms word and forums for years...

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I used to but not nearly as much anymore. Tact is becoming increasingly important to me and it is a difficult thing to utilize in the heat of a debate.

L

Lasting_Pain

No not to argue, but I am always looking to gain knowledge. If knowledge is found from arguing then i guess it is necessary.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Here is my response to the OP

man-im-hungry-demotivational-poster.jpg

Cool

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes! I love a good arguement. It makes me feel like the Alpha women :) But I know who to argue with. For example I never argue with S people and especially SF

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
No. Not really. I get annoyed if I have no one to bounce my wit off of, but I'm not the type to seek debate. Often I'll even avoid them or end them sooner than neccessary. It's just not my preferred way of interacting with people.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes. It's when I do my best moderating on this site. :p

I see it more as a need for confrontation than intellectual exchange, btw.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No, I don't seek arguments at all, but I love discussing a topic with someone who has a different pov as long as we're discussing not just telling each other how they're wrong.

I am seen as argumentative by others though, I just love opinions that I haven’t thought of and what to know why and how people see things differently, this means I'll push them to explain what they believe with more clarity and point out flaws when I see them.

I don't want to be seen as argumentative though so I will change my style depending on who I’m talking to.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I love to argue because while i am right a lot i've never had an arguement where i've been completely right which makes it so fascinating because i always learn. Also some peoples reactions to my more logical arguments are hilarious. They range from awe to disgusted!

juggernaut

Permabanned
I used to, but it's basically my job now so no. I still enjoy it immensely, but one learns to choose one's battles. I will not bother with things that appear to be of little or no consequence.

L

Lasting_Pain

I rather write a argumentative paper than debate. I miss so many key points when I debate. Although I usually win, I feel I could of done a lot of more convincing if I wrote a paper.

Qre:us

Yes! would be an understatement. It's the best way for me to motivate myself to learn something: Debate it.

This is the main reasons I seek forums out. It's mainly to provide a medium for exchanging ideas/debating without all that personal attachment that comes out of real-life relationships. Making friends is a great fringe benefit of forums, but, it is never my primary motivation, and, I would challenge even a friend in the quest/hunger for a debate. I rather play for knowledge/dialogue than play to make nice. Forums allows for that with greater ease.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love argument. I tend to get very restless and/or frustrated if no one will compete with me. What's worse is that my main circle of friends within uni find argument practically toxic. They're philosophers for god's sake!

I'm trying to think of a neat little metaphor to describe how I feel when people don't argue with me, but I don't think anything describes it as well as the actual feeling itself. I know for sure that I am like a poisonous gas to my coursemates though.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I get hungry for a good arguement. Why do you think I have a bungie account?