User Tag List

First 4567 Last

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

No. Not really. I get annoyed if I have no one to bounce my wit off of, but I'm not the type to seek debate. Often I'll even avoid them or end them sooner than neccessary. It's just not my preferred way of interacting with people.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    INTP

Mmmm... debate. I need to have my fix at least once a week.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yes. It's when I do my best moderating on this site. :P

I see it more as a need for confrontation than intellectual exchange, btw.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

No, I don't seek arguments at all, but I love discussing a topic with someone who has a different pov as long as we're discussing not just telling each other how they're wrong.

I am seen as argumentative by others though, I just love opinions that I havenít thought of and what to know why and how people see things differently, this means I'll push them to explain what they believe with more clarity and point out flaws when I see them.

I don't want to be seen as argumentative though so I will change my style depending on who Iím talking to.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I love to argue because while i am right a lot i've never had an arguement where i've been completely right which makes it so fascinating because i always learn. Also some peoples reactions to my more logical arguments are hilarious. They range from awe to disgusted!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

Banned

I used to, but it's basically my job now so no. I still enjoy it immensely, but one learns to choose one's battles. I will not bother with things that appear to be of little or no consequence.

Lasting_Pain

I rather write a argumentative paper than debate. I miss so many key points when I debate. Although I usually win, I feel I could of done a lot of more convincing if I wrote a paper.

Yes! would be an understatement. It's the best way for me to motivate myself to learn something: Debate it.

This is the main reasons I seek forums out. It's mainly to provide a medium for exchanging ideas/debating without all that personal attachment that comes out of real-life relationships. Making friends is a great fringe benefit of forums, but, it is never my primary motivation, and, I would challenge even a friend in the quest/hunger for a debate. I rather play for knowledge/dialogue than play to make nice. Forums allows for that with greater ease.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I love argument. I tend to get very restless and/or frustrated if no one will compete with me. What's worse is that my main circle of friends within uni find argument practically toxic. They're philosophers for god's sake!

I'm trying to think of a neat little metaphor to describe how I feel when people don't argue with me, but I don't think anything describes it as well as the actual feeling itself. I know for sure that I am like a poisonous gas to my coursemates though.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I get hungry for a good arguement. Why do you think I have a bungie account?