• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP Flavored Quotations

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Avatar7 made me think of one of my favorite quotations from Moby Dick:

"There is a wisdom that is woe; but there is a woe that is madness. And there is a Catskill eagle in some souls that can alike dive down into the blackest gorges, and soar out of them again and become invisible in the sunny spaces. And even if he for ever flies within the gorge, that gorge is in the mountains; so that even in his lowest swoop the mountain eagle is still higher than other birds upon the plain, even though they soar."

Do you have any quintessential ENTP quotations?

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Qre:us

^ Hah, my first thought was also to go for Oscar Wilde.

A few from Mark Twain, witty bugger that he was, and very likely an ENTP (see: Tom Sawyer's adventures)

* When you cannot get a compliment any other way, pay yourself one.

* Get the facts first. You can distort them later.

* Last week I stated that this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen. I have since been visited by her sister and now wish to withdraw that statement.

* Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

* Let us be thankful for fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed.

* Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.

* Work is a necessary evil to be avoided.

* Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
^ Hah, my first thought was also to go for Oscar Wilde.

A few from Mark Twain, witty bugger that he was, and very likely an ENTP (see: Tom Sawyer's adventures)

* When you cannot get a compliment any other way, pay yourself one.

* Get the facts first. You can distort them later.

* Last week I stated that this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen. I have since been visited by her sister and now wish to withdraw that statement.

* Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

* Let us be thankful for fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed.

* Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.

* Work is a necessary evil to be avoided.

* Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Sounds too light-hearted to be ENTP.

Lighthearted spectrum:

ENFP -> ENTP -> ENTJ -> INTJ -> INTP

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Learn the rules so you can break them properly."

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
television is for appearing on, not for looking at
-noel coward

You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.
- Mahfouz Naguib

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
sometimes i think we are alone, sometime i don't. either way, the thought is quite staggering.

-paraphrased from R Buckminster Fuller

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"Never order a soft martini, if you are the only one who hasnt noticed this is a gay bar"

No, wait thats no real quote :D

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Bertrand Russel:

I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.

A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.

If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.

Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country but never of killing for their country.

So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.

The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.

Douglas Adams:

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. - Think that one pretty much sums up ENTPs.

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in, an interesting hole I find myself in, fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!' This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it's still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise. I think this may be something we need to be on the watch out for.

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? - One of my favoutites quotes ever.

I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. But it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously.

George Carlin:

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy.

I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.

Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?

Oscar Wilde:

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability.

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"Remember our motto: We ain't got it."

al.jpg

:cheers:

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

This one is an old favorite.

"The Electric Monk was a labour-saving device, like a dishwasher or a video recorder... Electric Monks believed things for you, thus saving you what was becoming an increasingly onerous task, that of believing all the things the world expected you to believe."
— Douglas Adams (Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency)

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
“I'm a pessimist because of intelligence, but an optimist because of will”
Antonio Gramsci