User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    ENXP

"I am God!
    I am nothing, I am play, I am freedom, I am life.
    I am the boundary, I am the peak."
    Alexander Scriabin

MBTI
    ENTP

Confusuous said: promote the honest, palce them over the crooked and you'll cause the crooked to straighten out.

Oscar Wilde: Society is infinately more brutilised by the consitant application of justice, than it is by its indulgence in petty crime

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Random dude from in LOST: "A wise man once said mans greatest blessing was curiosity, I'm sure you've heard the other saying about curiosity too"
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Vonnegut's my favorite author; I don't read much, but I've started to a lot more the past few months:

"No damn cat, and no damn cradle."

"And Lot's wife, of course, was told not to look back where all those people and their homes had been. But she did look back, and I love her for that, because it was so human. So she was turned to a pillar of salt. So it goes."
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

I get asked "Wait... whot?" alot. Does that count?

Just in case it's not, and I'm not allowed to quote myself (if I am, see my signature =D ), then I have a backup!

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

Nietzsche
    "He who thinks a great deal is not suited to be a party man: he thinks his way through the party and out the other side too soon."

"We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way — not at all or in an interesting manner."

Ambrose Bierce
    Bacchus, n. A convenient deity invented by the ancients as an excuse for getting drunk.

Happiness, n. An agreeable sensation arising from contemplating the misery of another.

Idiot, n. A member of a large and powerful tribe whose influence in human affairs has always been dominant and controlling. The Idiot's activity is not confined to any special field of thought or action, but "pervades and regulates the whole." He has the last word in everything; his decision is unappealable. He sets the fashions and opinion of taste, dictates the limitations of speech and circumscribes conduct with a dead-line

Learning, n. The kind of ignorance distinguishing the studious.

Mad, adj. Affected with a high degree of intellectual independence; not conforming to standards of thought, speech, and action derived by the conformants from study of themselves; at odds with the majority; in short, unusual. It is noteworthy that persons are pronounced mad by officials destitute of evidence that they themselves are sane.

Patience, n. A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.

MBTI
    eNTP

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    Story of my LIFE.
    great thread.
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

i have a lot of entp quotes but everybody steals them from me :@

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Tim Minchin (admitedly he nicked it from someone else who he can't remember):

If you open you mind to much your brain will fall out!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

By the man: