• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Attention INTP women

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP's are good at multitasking thought processes though.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
To be honest I'm sorta curious too :huh:...Pardon the bluntness, but are they as unkempt as their male counterparts?
What insolence! Certainly not.

I just can't imagine an INTP putting a lot of work into her appearance just to be popular with other people. An xNTJ may only do so for the sake of ambition. ENTPs are Extroverted so they want to associate with others. INTPs don't seem to have a reason other than to attract the opposite sex.
Who are these other people of which you speak?
Anyway, maybe she likes to see herself well put together for aesthetic reasons. Maybe she wants to lure unsuspecting people back into the batcave to probe them a bit.
And don't forget the benefits of camouflage!

INTP women will eat your heart for lunch!
And your sausage for dinner.

Smiling + thinking is tricky. We're not as good at multitasking as most women.
Yeah, I suck at that, too. but prefer the latter, so helpful people remind me to smile (and stop scaring them).

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Agree with Jennifer. I don't fix up to get a man, and I don't wear makeup or dress well to impress society, either. I do it entirely for myself, and as a means of self-expression. If you want to take all the fun out of makeup or fashion, impose some expectations on me or make me feel like there's some sort of competition involved. I lose all interest immediately.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Fashion is an artistic exercise of self-expression for me as well (not for attracting anyone, I've actually considered wearing hideous stuff just to scare people away :D). I'm still working on it actually expressing me though. That'll take some more DIY this summer...

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Uh-oh. Guess I'm the minority here. XD

Usually, my identity and self-expression come from my ideas and words. It's very difficult for me to think of appearance as a medium for expression beyond like... facial expressions and stuff.

I'll only do the bare minimum regarding appearance, and only because I don't want physical aspects to off-put mental connections with other people (ie. It's difficult to talk to people with bad breath!).

Shower, brush teeth, and comb hair (sometimes).
That's about it for me!

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Meh. I also carry a whip for those who poke fun. :D
No problem here!

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
a leather belt will do in a pinch.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Trouble, trouble, trouble... no wonder I have a hard time looking away. :doh:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I learned a long time ago there's no way I'm ever going to have every hair in place and everything perfectly immaculate, like J women are prone to do.
I haven't noticed that. Most of the glamorous women I have known have been Ps. Js like to get things done and are less likely to agonize over perfecting their appearance, I'd have thought. I was actually once criticized for being immaculate by an ISFJ colleague. Some people can make anything sound like an insult...
I used to spend waaay too much time on my appearance as a teen, mostly due to insecurity. These days, I do the minimum to be what I consider, respectable. (e.g. I'll wipe the toothpaste stains off ... most days ;) )

Yeah, I suck at that, too. but prefer the latter, so helpful people remind me to smile.
Oh yes, that's a really good way to piss me off!
Apparently, the fact that "it" might never happen, is reason enough to walk around grinning like an idiot all the time...
Why is it that total strangers think they have a right to tell you what facial expression to wear? Why don't you just come round my house and pick out my bloody outfit, while you're about it??!!
They actually think they're being charming too... :dont:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't noticed that. Most of the glamorous women I have known have been Ps. Js like to get things done and are less likely to agonize over perfecting their appearance, I'd have thought. I was actually once criticized for being immaculate by an ISFJ colleague. Some people can make anything sound like an insult...

God. I have never in my life had that happen, it's always been the J's who have to look "right." Even the ISFJs -- who can range from lots of makeup to minimalist makeup -- are very precise about their appearance if they take pride in it or have a position outside the home.

...But maybe you're not getting what I am saying, which is more this:

I am saying that J's tend to be able to have this sort of 'pristine' put together appearance that is almost professional. Even when dressed down, they still usually look dressed up in some way. The ability to pull this off of course varies based on personal aesthetic skills.

P's look more casual in presentation. Even their dressed-up presentation often comes across as relaxed. I learned a long time ago I could never look crisp and pristine, I had to go for comfortable and loose. So even though I look good, I usually look casual even when dressed up.

Why don't you just come round my house and pick out my bloody outfit, while you're about it??!!

Well, okay.
*looks in Blue's closet*
Looks like we have "jeans and t-shirt," "jeans and t-shirt," or..., well, "Jeans and t-shirt." Which outfit would you like?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
God. I have never in my life had that happen, it's always been the J's who have to look "right." Even the ISFJs -- who can range from lots of makeup to minimalist makeup -- are very precise about their appearance if they take pride in it or have a position outside the home.
She was a battleaxe who looked like all her clothes came from K-Mart. In itself, not a problem, but she resented having a female around who was smarter both intellectually and in appearance, as well as being a lot younger. When she wasn't boring me with details of Women's Institute Jam-making lectures, she was making snarky comments and trying to put me down. Because I knew she hated it, I made a special effort to look good. I'm considerate like that. ;)
I am saying that J's tend to be able to have this sort of 'pristine' put together appearance that is almost professional. Even when dressed down, they still usually look dressed up in some way. The ability to pull this off of course varies based on personal aesthetic skills.

P's look more casual in presentation. Even their dressed-up presentation often comes across as relaxed. I learned a long time ago I could never look crisp and pristine, I had to go for comfortable and loose. So even though look good, I usually look casual even when dressed up.
I dunno. I can do either. But the first one takes too long, costs too much and life's too short. I prefer to lie in.

*looks in Blue's closet*
Looks like we have "jeans and t-shirt," "jeans and t-shirt," or..., well, "Jeans and t-shirt." Which outfit would you like?
You don't know me so well....I usually don't dress down even on dress-down days.
When not working, I like to be naked.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You don't know me so well....I usually don't dress down even on dress-down days.

This sounds like my dressing habits other than change "naked" to "in my PJs"...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess the question is, do you look crisply naked or sloppily naked? :alttongue:

lately (and I shouldn't admit this), yeah, I actually sit naked at my computer sometimes ... or partly naked.

I just don't care anymore. Old biddies can do whatever they want!

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
[buys long range telescope and sets up a sweet peeking spot in blue's neighbourhood]
This sounds like my dressing habits other than change "naked" to "in my PJs"...
Mine too (at home), except no PJs, just undies.
Unless I'm out at play, of course. Only blue and runvardh go out in the buff.