• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTJ or INTP: Who is more misanthropic?

Which type is more likely to be a misanthrope or have misanthropic tendencies?

• Total voters

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm just wondering what people think, which I guess isn't very misanthropic.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
INTPs s are more misanthropic.
But INTJs are more likely to do something about it. Which is the only thing that counts.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Hmm. I don't know, that's a really good question.

I think INTJ's might seem more misanthropic and critical, but I think that INTP's may have more misanthropic views...

Stumped.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTPs are more apathetic than misanthropic.
INTJs are fleetingly misanthropic - especially during the times when they encounter society's "inefficiencies".

Personally, I think disgruntled INFJs takes the cake on true misanthropy.

If you don't believe me, read up on this guy called Hitler.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTPs are more apathetic than misanthropic.
INTJs are fleetingly misanthropic - especially during the times when they encounter society's "inefficiencies".

Personally, I think disgruntled INFJs takes the cake on true misanthropy.

If you don't believe me, read up on this guy called Hitler.

I agree.

ez78705

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Well, it does strike me that INTPs are very social from my observations on this forum.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Well, Edgar, I'm a misanthropic INTP.

Besides that, the poll is only comparing INTP and INTJ. Not who is the most misanthropic of all. =P

93JC

Well, it does strike me that INTPs are very social from my observations on this forum.

Because we have anonymity. With anonymity I can get away with a lot.

Meet one of us in person and you'll come away sorely disappointed.

93JC

As far as being a misanthrope... I don't know, I think if you consider the general definition of misanthropy as a general dislike and/or distrust of people I fall under that definition quite well.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
As far as being a misanthrope... I don't know, I think if you consider the general definition of misanthropy as a general dislike and/or distrust of people I fall under that definition quite well.

I think distrusting and disliking people takes too much effort that could better be channeled into building a doomsday device. Or a cure to cancer. Whichever catches my fancy at the time.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, Edgar, I'm a misanthropic INTP.

Your hate will grow into apathy once you get past the college-age.

Besides that, the poll is only comparing INTP and INTJ. Not who is the most misanthropic of all. =P

Yeah, I was never "by the book" kind of guy. I even have papers to prove it.

93JC

I think distrusting and disliking people takes too much effort

Distrusting people takes no effort at all, you just take what someone says or does at face value and then assume ulterior motives. You don't have to waste time figuring out what those motives are.

And disliking people only takes apathy, which is particularly effortless.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think misanthropy is not type related. But! Since INTP's/INTJ's are usually somewhat of an outsider, specifically when younger. They are probably most likely to develop misanthropic behaviour. But I think it dissappates when maturing, usually.

Either that or I lack a lot of hatred. :p

I agree with Edgar that I have developped Apathetic like views concerning quite a few things. But I'm not reallyu all that apathetic. It's just that some things matter much more to me than some other things, and the other things just get neglected because of it. :p