• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Puzzles

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
I figure this is the right place for a puzzle post, if you are like me, which I'm guessing you are to a point if your an NT.

I want puzzles, new ones. But not jigsaw or interactive games. I want to figure out PEOPLE puzzles. In the style of the man over yonder whom I decorate my posts with
<----------------- Mr. Sherlock Holmes

I have a knack for figuring people out, but have no way to exercise it. Imagine House if he had NO medical mysteries...or whatnot.

Its driving me crazy. I gave my friend advice on girls yesterday, and I was exhilirated...because it felt so right. I felt good, because I realized I trust myself completely with things like that.

And so now I need more. Any suggestions?

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
go fishing near a mental institution

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
People are practically made of puzzles. :D
If you get them to trust you, then they'll usually share their problems with you. (Which often are about other people.) And then you can help them to solve it!

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
People are practically made of puzzles. :D
If you get them to trust you, then they'll usually share their problems with you. (Which often are about other people.) And then you can help them to solve it!

True. Unfortunantly people don't ever listen to advice, well almost never.
So there is hardly ever a way to test a theory.
But I will admit this is probably the best course of action...now if I can just stop hating stupid people, or find more intelligent ones...

EDIT: OR I could solve puzzles via the internet. Its possible.

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hey, yeah! What about those "advice websites" where people ask for random advice online?
I'll bet it's usually regarding their relationships. >]

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
my point was that you should go ask somewhere where people need it. i am dubious about how well you dispense your advice, especially on people. your type states that you have almost concept of feeling, which could prove catastrophal.

i understand you've found a new playground and want to test out the toys, but take it from experience: helping people isn't as easy as it may seem. people aren't logical puzzles, they're people.

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
Hey, yeah! What about those "advice websites" where people ask for random advice online?
I'll bet it's usually regarding their relationships. >]

Relationships are easy. But I suppose it would work while I try to find something else.

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
my point was that you should go ask somewhere where people need it. i am dubious about how well you dispense your advice, especially on people. your type states that you have almost concept of feeling, which could prove catastrophal.

i understand you've found a new playground and want to test out the toys, but take it from experience: helping people isn't as easy as it may seem. people aren't logical puzzles, they're people.

I agree completelly. Puzzles make more sense. People are completelly illogical and thus should follow advice from an outside observer. I don't tell people what they want to hear, which is what 90% of people REALLY want when they ask advice. They want you to tell them the magic solution. And if you wont tell it to them they will keep moving on until they find someone that does.

I tell people what they should do, based on logic.
If your boyfriend cheated on all of his other girlfriends, then he probably cheated on you with the girl he went camping with.
"BUT I LOOOOVE HIM!"

That is a standard discussion about relationships.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Nah... people do follow logics... just not formal logics. :D

I tell people what they should do, based on logic.
If your boyfriend cheated on all of his other girlfriends, then he probably cheated on you with the girl he went camping with.
"BUT I LOOOOVE HIM!"
That is no puzzle at all. :dry:

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Knowing how to advise people so that they'll listen is also a puzzle.
It's much more interesting. I can't come even close! :D

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
That is a standard discussion about relationships.

from my understanding you wanted to try things outside of relationship questions. either way, you're in no way a legitimate consultant for any sort of human analysis, whether rational or irrational. tread lightly, or don't tread at all.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Knowing how to advise people so that they'll listen is also a puzzle.
It's much more interesting. I can't come even close! :D

let me put it this way: there is a part of our mind that has "instructions" inscribed for us. these instructions are the same. the mind's interpretations of these instructions, however, are not. every type (not necessarily MBTI) of person has their own language. if you could communicate with every single person in their own language, mankind would have the catalyst to be at peace with itself.

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
let me put it this way: there is a part of our mind that has "instructions" inscribed for us. these instructions are the same. the mind's interpretations of these instructions, however, are not. every type (not necessarily MBTI) of person has their own language. if you could communicate with every single person in their own language, mankind would have the catalyst to be at peace with itself.

That's really interesting! I agree with that statement.
I concluded something similar one day:

Everyone thinks of something different when they hear a word. (For example, with the word "sun," some people will think of "fire" and get an uneasy feeling. Someone else will take the same word and think of "sunset" and get a really calm feeling.)

So basically, everyone speaks a different language, like you said!
In order to communicate effectively with a person, you have to understand their background and stuff, in order to use words that ring a connotation similar to the one you have!

from my understanding you wanted to try things outside of relationship questions. either way, you're in no way a legitimate consultant for any sort of human analysis, whether rational or irrational. tread lightly, or don't tread at all.

However, I figured this out only through experience in advising people.
That's why I disagree with you that the OP shouldn't try. I think he should at least try. :]

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
However, I figured this out only through experience in advising people.
That's why I disagree with you that the OP shouldn't try. I think he should at least try. :]

i am not saying he shouldn't try, i am saying if he wants to try, he should do so carefully. ironically, i don't think INTPs know what "careful" means.

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
i don't think INTPs know what "careful" means.

Very true.
I haven't the slightest idea. :D

(Meh. You learn by making mistakes.
As long as he's honest, I doubt he's going to scar people for life.)

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
(Meh. You learn by making mistakes.
As long as he's honest, I doubt he's going to scar people for life.)

i was hoping he would. then he'd learn that it isn't his place to give advice to people.

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
But. Surely with practice, it can be.

You said yourself that certain characteristics are the same in all people.
Therefore, anyone can find them, and then use them to advise people. (Admitted that's it more difficult for some, but that doesn't mean they can't.)
So why not this guy?

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
But. Surely with practice, it can be.

i am not of that belief, no. read below.

You said yourself that certain characteristics are the same in all people.
Therefore, anyone can find them, and then use them to advise people. (Admitted that's it more difficult for some, but that doesn't mean they can't.)
So why not this guy?

yes, i believe there are certain instructions that every person possesses in their mind. however, skills of this caliber do not rely on these instructions; but rather, on the interpretation of them. as such, a person with a logical interpretation would have much greater results working with rationality, whereas a person relying more on subjective values would have a greater sense of people... so to speak.

the instructions i mentioned are somewhere in the subconscious part of the mind, near the very core of instinct itself. thus they are basic at best, and the interpretation of them can vary between different dimensions, and different spectrums in those dimensions.

but of course i see your point in thinking that everyone is equal and should perform as such and bla bla bla. personally it's not something i subscribe to, because i could never put myself into the mind of a midwestern redneck - nor would i expect him to put himself into my way of thinking.

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
(Please don't take any of this personally. :hug:
If it appears rude or offensive, I'm sorry for that.)

a person with a logical interpretation would have much greater results working with rationality, whereas a person relying more on subjective values would have a greater sense of people... so to speak.

I agree that logical people would initially have better results working with rationality.
However, they can still develop their subjective side in order to get good result in working with people, also. It's a learning process. (Think of it as talent vs. patience and hard work. Just because something is your forte, doesn't mean other people can't learn it.)

All people are made up of both the rational and the subjective. (This is kind of obvious. Feelers can still do math problems, and thinkers still have feelings.)

The "skills of this caliber" may be weak to begin with, but one can develop them just as one can develop any part of their brain. Even if it's subconscious. (Explained further below.)

the instructions i mentioned are somewhere in the subconscious part of the mind, near the very core of instinct itself. thus they are basic at best, and the interpretation of them can vary between different dimensions, and different spectrums in those dimensions.

Your understanding of other people may be subconscious, but as you said earlier, everyone speaks a different language. How do you know that the "instructions" are subconscious for everyone? Where are you getting this from?

Everyone is a person.
All people are both subjective and objective. (explained above)
Therefore, rational people can relate to subjective people, and vise-versa.
Thus, everyone can communicate effectively with people. It doesn't matter what part of the brain they use to do it, since everyone functions differently anyways. :yes:

but of course i see your point in thinking that everyone is equal and should perform as such and bla bla bla. personally it's not something i subscribe to, because i could never put myself into the mind of a midwestern redneck - nor would i expect him to put himself into my way of thinking.

This is my case in point.

Being a feeler doesn't mean you can automatically relate to everyone.
Perhaps the midwestern redneck you're talking about would respond better to the OP. You don't know. Everyone relates to different people, despite the subjective/objective difference. Maybe it's the midwestern redneck who needs advice. You don't know this.