User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Puzzles

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default Puzzles

I figure this is the right place for a puzzle post, if you are like me, which I'm guessing you are to a point if your an NT.

I want puzzles, new ones. But not jigsaw or interactive games. I want to figure out PEOPLE puzzles. In the style of the man over yonder whom I decorate my posts with
    <----------------- Mr. Sherlock Holmes

I have a knack for figuring people out, but have no way to exercise it. Imagine House if he had NO medical mysteries...or whatnot.

Its driving me crazy. I gave my friend advice on girls yesterday, and I was exhilirated...because it felt so right. I felt good, because I realized I trust myself completely with things like that.

And so now I need more. Any suggestions?
    "You would lose your money," Sherlock Holmes remarked calmly. "As for the article I wrote it myself."

"You!"

"Yes, I have a turn both for observation and for deduction. The theories which I have expressed there, and which appear to you to be so chimerical are really extremely practical -- so practical that I depend upon them for my bread and cheese."

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

go fishing near a mental institution
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    go fishing near a mental institution

Could someone say something remotely useful.
    "You would lose your money," Sherlock Holmes remarked calmly. "As for the article I wrote it myself."

"You!"

"Yes, I have a turn both for observation and for deduction. The theories which I have expressed there, and which appear to you to be so chimerical are really extremely practical -- so practical that I depend upon them for my bread and cheese."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

People are practically made of puzzles.
    If you get them to trust you, then they'll usually share their problems with you. (Which often are about other people.) And then you can help them to solve it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by nocebo View Post
    People are practically made of puzzles.
    If you get them to trust you, then they'll usually share their problems with you. (Which often are about other people.) And then you can help them to solve it!
    True. Unfortunantly people don't ever listen to advice, well almost never.
    So there is hardly ever a way to test a theory.
    But I will admit this is probably the best course of action...now if I can just stop hating stupid people, or find more intelligent ones...

EDIT: OR I could solve puzzles via the internet. Its possible.

"You!"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Hey, yeah! What about those "advice websites" where people ask for random advice online?
    I'll bet it's usually regarding their relationships. >]

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

my point was that you should go ask somewhere where people need it. i am dubious about how well you dispense your advice, especially on people. your type states that you have almost concept of feeling, which could prove catastrophal.

i understand you've found a new playground and want to test out the toys, but take it from experience: helping people isn't as easy as it may seem. people aren't logical puzzles, they're people.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by nocebo View Post
    Hey, yeah! What about those "advice websites" where people ask for random advice online?
    I'll bet it's usually regarding their relationships. >]
    Relationships are easy. But I suppose it would work while I try to find something else.

"You!"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    my point was that you should go ask somewhere where people need it. i am dubious about how well you dispense your advice, especially on people. your type states that you have almost concept of feeling, which could prove catastrophal.

i understand you've found a new playground and want to test out the toys, but take it from experience: helping people isn't as easy as it may seem. people aren't logical puzzles, they're people.
    I agree completelly. Puzzles make more sense. People are completelly illogical and thus should follow advice from an outside observer. I don't tell people what they want to hear, which is what 90% of people REALLY want when they ask advice. They want you to tell them the magic solution. And if you wont tell it to them they will keep moving on until they find someone that does.

I tell people what they should do, based on logic.
    If your boyfriend cheated on all of his other girlfriends, then he probably cheated on you with the girl he went camping with.
    "BUT I LOOOOVE HIM!"

That is a standard discussion about relationships.

"You!"

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Nah... people do follow logics... just not formal logics.

I tell people what they should do, based on logic.
    If your boyfriend cheated on all of his other girlfriends, then he probably cheated on you with the girl he went camping with.
    "BUT I LOOOOVE HIM!"
    That is no puzzle at all.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca