User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: Puzzles

  1. #31
    Senior Member therationaledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Eh, we are at a kind of deadlock with one regard. I stated a theory I could never prove as I don't know you. You said that it was wrong, but you very well wouldn't be the most unbiased of person to decide. People tend to have a rather...biased opinion of themselves.


    This is the problem I come across alot. You don't ever come right out and try to figure someone out at first, and ussually not to their face. Because in my experience they will always disagree unless your horoscoping them. (Only listing good things and glossing over the bad).

    And so you say it is nothing personal, even though you said that you hope I scar people with my advice to learn a lesson that I should accept my place as a non-advice giving INTP? Your right, thats friendly as hell.

    And notice how you state that it isn't personal against me, and my talent is non-existant, and then say that it is personal, just against INTP's.
    But at the same time, all you know about it me is that I am INTP, and you don't like INTP's. And I insulted your first post, because it was useless.

    But anyway. I will respond to any further posts, but I feel in my heart this thread is dead as far as my purpose for it. Rest in Peace, Puzzles.
    "You would lose your money," Sherlock Holmes remarked calmly. "As for the article I wrote it myself."

    "You!"

    "Yes, I have a turn both for observation and for deduction. The theories which I have expressed there, and which appear to you to be so chimerical are really extremely practical -- so practical that I depend upon them for my bread and cheese."

  2. #32
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by therationaledge View Post
    Eh, we are at a kind of deadlock with one regard. I stated a theory I could never prove as I don't know you. You said that it was wrong, but you very well wouldn't be the most unbiased of person to decide. People tend to have a rather...biased opinion of themselves.
    yeah, i wonder why. maybe because they know themselves better in their behavior, but don't know themselves well with their mind? at least most don't.

    but actually, you're wrong. it's not a deadlock. it's a defeat on your side since you cannot prove your theory. and that's just what i wanted you to admit.

    And so you say it is nothing personal, even though you said that you hope I scar people with my advice to learn a lesson that I should accept my place as a non-advice giving INTP? Your right, thats friendly as hell.
    call it neutral then. i meant well, but you don't care. this should also be enough of a statement to not label me an ENFP (even though you INXPs oh so love to label and define me :rolli.

    And notice how you state that it isn't personal against me, and my talent is non-existant, and then say that it is personal, just against INTP's.
    But at the same time, all you know about it me is that I am INTP, and you don't like INTP's. And I insulted your first post, because it was useless.
    i don't care that you insulted my first post. i mean, it was insulting in the first place. why wouldn't you retaliate? why wouldn't anyone?

    the whole premise of me writing in this thread was to prove an INTP (you) wrong. i consider it a personal achievement, since you are perhaps the people with the most rigid beliefs. an achievement somewhat along the lines of taking down a tank with your bare hands. i should get some fat medals for that.

    But anyway. I will respond to any further posts, but I feel in my heart this thread is dead as far as my purpose for it. Rest in Peace, Puzzles.
    less , more victory trumpets please.

    and yeah, i'm taking this so far just so you can learn to be less rigid in your beliefs.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  3. #33
    Senior Member therationaledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Ugh. This is pointless.

    Your mom.

    That has about as much point to anything else I could say, because at the end of the day its not going to change a damn thing, except one fancied up troll gets his lulz.
    "You would lose your money," Sherlock Holmes remarked calmly. "As for the article I wrote it myself."

    "You!"

    "Yes, I have a turn both for observation and for deduction. The theories which I have expressed there, and which appear to you to be so chimerical are really extremely practical -- so practical that I depend upon them for my bread and cheese."

  4. #34
    Member nocebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Um. How are INTPs the most rigid of all types?
    Yes, Si is a judging function, but it's tertiary. (being a dominant TiNe means we prefer perception, anyways...).

    The hypocrisy is really thick here.

    1)You attacked me for not supporting my argument, and yet you go on and on without supporting anything.
    Making up statistics like "i'm sure 9 out of 10 psychologists would agree." and vaguely describing some "empiric results" doesn't stand against anything said here.

    2) You claimed that I give MBTI too much credit, but then you used it to justify how every single INTP could not become a successful counselor. wtf

    You don't have the right to call anyone judgemental. Seriously.
    I agree with the OP that this conversation is pointless.

  5. #35
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Ehm, if I am rigid to anyone, it's because they deserve no less than that.

    I'm not rigid at all by nature. Everyone that believes INTP's are rigid, because INTP's are always rigid towards them, is probably stubborn beyond the point of stupidity and brings that rigidity to him/herself.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  6. #36
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    it's funny that only INTPs defend this point, whereas it has been stated by numerous members in the XNTP argumentation thread.

    but you guys don't seem to understand: i don't say this to piss you off. i say this because it's something i believe you need to change. i have seen this with virtually every INTP i have come across (INFPs have the same, but lack the logical arguments), and it's just annoying. having one perspective in a situation is just not enough, but you do nothing to try and learn newer perspectives.

    i find it weird that everyone else can understand this whereas you can't. i think you label everyone "stubborn beyond the point of stupidity" on beforehand, until they can prove otherwise. but by the time you finally accept their statements, they've become sick of you and your "lack" of argumentation skills.

    try to look at yourself, at what position you're taking, and at what you're saying in arguments. i'm not saying this to be mean, i'm saying this because i lack good discussion partners. and until you can teach yourself these things, it's just not worth bothering with any of you.

    The hypocrisy is really thick here.
    it's not hypocrisy, it's a double standard. i will promptly apologize for this once i see change coming from at least 1 INTP.

    this is really my last resort for trying to speak with INTPs. otherwise might as well not bother with you, which would be a shame. the ball is in your court, INTPs.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  7. #37
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    this is really my last resort for trying to speak with INTPs. otherwise might as well not bother with you, which would be a shame. the ball is in your court, INTPs.
    The ball is square. :/

    Really though, you assume we are rigid, but like I said, the main reason why INTP's are rigid towards you, is because your 'theories' and arguements aren't sound. They're assumptions based on a clearly limited experience pool.

    I am -always- eager to learn more things, change my point of view when proven wrong and such. But you're asking us to change our viewpoints to hypothetical assumptions based on jack shit. Ofcourse we're rigid then. For us to change our viewpoints, we need something solid. Not thin air.

    Now, if that's what you mean with rigid. You're absolutely right. But don't dare say we're rigid even when proven wrong.Or when at fault. Because that is a load of bullshit.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  8. #38
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Now, if that's what you mean with rigid. You're absolutely right. But don't dare say we're rigid even when proven wrong.Or when at fault. Because that is a load of bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by therationaledge View Post
    Eh, we are at a kind of deadlock with one regard. I stated a theory I could never prove as I don't know you.
    :rolli:

    Really though, you assume we are rigid, but like I said, the main reason why INTP's are rigid towards you, is because your 'theories' and arguements aren't sound. They're assumptions based on a clearly limited experience pool.

    I am -always- eager to learn more things, change my point of view when proven wrong and such. But you're asking us to change our viewpoints to hypothetical assumptions based on jack shit. Ofcourse we're rigid then. For us to change our viewpoints, we need something solid. Not thin air.
    that's one thing, even though i disagree on the notion that everything can be proven logically. the other is the assuming that everything is "jack shit", and openly stating your opinion in a discussion. you don't seem to understand that discussions are supposed to bring arguments and not opinions about "jack shit". i don't care what your opinions are, and they only serve to give me less merit to you for any illogical argument you may have (and you do have some).

    since i have seen this from both INTP and INFP, i'm thinking it's rooted in Si. but then again, MBTI was never perfect, so it may just be a coincidence.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  9. #39
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    :rolli:



    that's one thing, even though i disagree on the notion that everything can be proven logically. the other is the assuming that everything is "jack shit", and openly stating your opinion in a discussion. you don't seem to understand that discussions are supposed to bring arguments and not opinions about "jack shit". i don't care what your opinions are, and they only serve to give me less merit to you for any illogical argument you may have (and you do have some).

    since i have seen this from both INTP and INFP, i'm thinking it's rooted in Si. but then again, MBTI was never perfect, so it may just be a coincidence.
    If you don't care about our viewpoint then what is your problem with us not changing our opinion?

    Look, I can respect your opinions, but you're stating here that we don't change our opinions. Which is untrue on many levels. That doesn't mean we don't respect other peoples opinions, but since you are -attacking- our opinions, I ofcourse defend them.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  10. #40
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    If you don't care about our viewpoint then what is your problem with us not changing our opinion?

    Look, I can respect your opinions, but you're stating here that we don't change our opinions. Which is untrue on many levels. That doesn't mean we don't respect other peoples opinions, but since you are -attacking- our opinions, I ofcourse defend them.
    i do care about your viewpoint, i don't care about your subjective judgments that serve only as derogatory to the opposition's arguments. they serve no purpose and are thus irrelevant.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

Similar Threads

  1. The World's Hardest Logic Puzzle
    By MerkW in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 12:37 AM
  2. Problem, Puzzle, and Paradox: What’s Missing?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 09:06 AM
  3. Will these vehicles run? A puzzle from the past
    By wolfy in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 06:34 PM
  4. difficult-ish weighing puzzle
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 11:44 AM
  5. Simple puzzles to stump people
    By ygolo in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 09:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO