User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: Puzzles

  1. #11
    Member nocebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Knowing how to advise people so that they'll listen is also a puzzle.
    It's much more interesting. I can't come even close!

  2. #12
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by therationaledge View Post
    That is a standard discussion about relationships.
    from my understanding you wanted to try things outside of relationship questions. either way, you're in no way a legitimate consultant for any sort of human analysis, whether rational or irrational. tread lightly, or don't tread at all.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  3. #13
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocebo View Post
    Knowing how to advise people so that they'll listen is also a puzzle.
    It's much more interesting. I can't come even close!
    let me put it this way: there is a part of our mind that has "instructions" inscribed for us. these instructions are the same. the mind's interpretations of these instructions, however, are not. every type (not necessarily MBTI) of person has their own language. if you could communicate with every single person in their own language, mankind would have the catalyst to be at peace with itself.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  4. #14
    Member nocebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    let me put it this way: there is a part of our mind that has "instructions" inscribed for us. these instructions are the same. the mind's interpretations of these instructions, however, are not. every type (not necessarily MBTI) of person has their own language. if you could communicate with every single person in their own language, mankind would have the catalyst to be at peace with itself.
    That's really interesting! I agree with that statement.
    I concluded something similar one day:

    Everyone thinks of something different when they hear a word. (For example, with the word "sun," some people will think of "fire" and get an uneasy feeling. Someone else will take the same word and think of "sunset" and get a really calm feeling.)

    So basically, everyone speaks a different language, like you said!
    In order to communicate effectively with a person, you have to understand their background and stuff, in order to use words that ring a connotation similar to the one you have!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    from my understanding you wanted to try things outside of relationship questions. either way, you're in no way a legitimate consultant for any sort of human analysis, whether rational or irrational. tread lightly, or don't tread at all.
    However, I figured this out only through experience in advising people.
    That's why I disagree with you that the OP shouldn't try. I think he should at least try. :]

  5. #15
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocebo View Post
    However, I figured this out only through experience in advising people.
    That's why I disagree with you that the OP shouldn't try. I think he should at least try. :]
    i am not saying he shouldn't try, i am saying if he wants to try, he should do so carefully. ironically, i don't think INTPs know what "careful" means.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  6. #16
    Member nocebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    i don't think INTPs know what "careful" means.
    Very true.
    I haven't the slightest idea.

    (Meh. You learn by making mistakes.
    As long as he's honest, I doubt he's going to scar people for life.)

  7. #17
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocebo View Post
    (Meh. You learn by making mistakes.
    As long as he's honest, I doubt he's going to scar people for life.)
    i was hoping he would. then he'd learn that it isn't his place to give advice to people.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  8. #18
    Member nocebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    89

    Default

    But. Surely with practice, it can be.

    You said yourself that certain characteristics are the same in all people.
    Therefore, anyone can find them, and then use them to advise people. (Admitted that's it more difficult for some, but that doesn't mean they can't.)
    So why not this guy?

  9. #19
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocebo View Post
    But. Surely with practice, it can be.
    i am not of that belief, no. read below.

    You said yourself that certain characteristics are the same in all people.
    Therefore, anyone can find them, and then use them to advise people. (Admitted that's it more difficult for some, but that doesn't mean they can't.)
    So why not this guy?
    yes, i believe there are certain instructions that every person possesses in their mind. however, skills of this caliber do not rely on these instructions; but rather, on the interpretation of them. as such, a person with a logical interpretation would have much greater results working with rationality, whereas a person relying more on subjective values would have a greater sense of people... so to speak.

    the instructions i mentioned are somewhere in the subconscious part of the mind, near the very core of instinct itself. thus they are basic at best, and the interpretation of them can vary between different dimensions, and different spectrums in those dimensions.

    but of course i see your point in thinking that everyone is equal and should perform as such and bla bla bla. personally it's not something i subscribe to, because i could never put myself into the mind of a midwestern redneck - nor would i expect him to put himself into my way of thinking.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  10. #20
    Member nocebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    89

    Default

    (Please don't take any of this personally.
    If it appears rude or offensive, I'm sorry for that.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    a person with a logical interpretation would have much greater results working with rationality, whereas a person relying more on subjective values would have a greater sense of people... so to speak.
    I agree that logical people would initially have better results working with rationality.
    However, they can still develop their subjective side in order to get good result in working with people, also. It's a learning process. (Think of it as talent vs. patience and hard work. Just because something is your forte, doesn't mean other people can't learn it.)

    All people are made up of both the rational and the subjective. (This is kind of obvious. Feelers can still do math problems, and thinkers still have feelings.)

    The "skills of this caliber" may be weak to begin with, but one can develop them just as one can develop any part of their brain. Even if it's subconscious. (Explained further below.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    the instructions i mentioned are somewhere in the subconscious part of the mind, near the very core of instinct itself. thus they are basic at best, and the interpretation of them can vary between different dimensions, and different spectrums in those dimensions.
    Your understanding of other people may be subconscious, but as you said earlier, everyone speaks a different language. How do you know that the "instructions" are subconscious for everyone? Where are you getting this from?

    Everyone is a person.
    All people are both subjective and objective. (explained above)
    Therefore, rational people can relate to subjective people, and vise-versa.
    Thus, everyone can communicate effectively with people. It doesn't matter what part of the brain they use to do it, since everyone functions differently anyways.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    but of course i see your point in thinking that everyone is equal and should perform as such and bla bla bla. personally it's not something i subscribe to, because i could never put myself into the mind of a midwestern redneck - nor would i expect him to put himself into my way of thinking.
    This is my case in point.

    Being a feeler doesn't mean you can automatically relate to everyone.
    Perhaps the midwestern redneck you're talking about would respond better to the OP. You don't know. Everyone relates to different people, despite the subjective/objective difference. Maybe it's the midwestern redneck who needs advice. You don't know this.

Similar Threads

  1. The World's Hardest Logic Puzzle
    By MerkW in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 12:37 AM
  2. Problem, Puzzle, and Paradox: What’s Missing?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 09:06 AM
  3. Will these vehicles run? A puzzle from the past
    By wolfy in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 06:34 PM
  4. difficult-ish weighing puzzle
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 11:44 AM
  5. Simple puzzles to stump people
    By ygolo in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 09:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO