• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs what do you spend most of the time thinking about?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A lot of things at the same time. Whatever is on my mind.

There is no real thread to me. There is nothing currently in my life that requires a great deal of attention to me.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
whatever springs to mind really. usually by conscious object association or by intuitive memory followed by association.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
When I was young, I discovered that it was very difficult to keep my mind busy enough for everyday life.

That's when I started writing. I haven't really stopped since.

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
I ponder all of the different ways to become a better, more enlightened person. I live my life until something peaks my interest, then I use the internet to research it obsessivly until I know all I can about it or I can do it.

I spent 6 hours until 3 o' Clock in the morning learning to suture. Just in case, and because it was a puzzle.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I often think about the "next stage" of human evolution, or the possibility of a planetary government and the end of nationalism.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
When I read the thread title I kind of blinked and thought ... "wow I dunno..." but I know that I'm always thinking.

I think like a couple of the others posted, its more a constant 'stream of consciousness' and associating things all day long in endless threads and webs, finding patterns, picking up innuendos and humor where most don't see it.

One morning for example, I burst out laughing in my shower because I read the shampoo bottle and it said the smell was Tropical Coconut. My brain sarcastically thought ... "As opposed to an Arctic Coconut??"

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
-Myself (emotional introspection)
-My Future
-The Future of the Human species in regard to its self-destructive tendencies and preferably a method to curb it
-My inventions and small business enterprises
-My "today list" for the day
-scientific and philosophical theories
-The fact that I should really be spending my time more wisely at the moment

Those are generally the things that I'll be thinking about at any given moment.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
This question only applies to people with OCD.

marmandahalf

Why people do the things they do (encompasses psychology, sociology, anthropology, history, etc)

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Those are the things I most often think about. Topics such as what other people think about me or my opinion on the movie I saw the other day tend to be secondary. The frequency of what I think about on that list is pretty much ordered by how its listed though the first three tend to clump together.

juggernaut

Permabanned
Systems, systems, systems. Mostly biological.

I think about the interconnectedness of systems, connections between various components (such as people or planets) within a given system, the influence of systems on organisms, and the organization of systems.

Every once in a great while I think about sex...but generally in terms of its function within the system. :cheese:

Last edited:

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
worrying about my personal and my children's future...

ring the bell

It kind of changes with what I'm doing. It really depends on what is going on in my environment. I like to think about philosophical things, such as the universe and how people love, but it has to be in the right environment. I do think interpersonal relationships are a very common presence in my head. People are the most common source of stress for me. I spend a lot of time just trying to understand.

Sex, too.. love thinking about sex.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I usually think of why society is the way it is and why all the norms we consider normal are "normal". I also tend to think a lot about motivations of people.

With these thoughts flying through my head, I can't ever just let go and be in the moment.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
whatever springs to mind really. usually by conscious object association or by intuitive memory followed by association.

That.

My mind is constantly springboarding.

Lots of trying to incorporate details and experiences and newly acquired info into a broader understanding of "life," though; that's always been the gist... understanding life as a comprehensive entity/system.

I usually think of why society is the way it is and why all the norms we consider normal are "normal". I also tend to think a lot about motivations of people.

Yeah, those are more specifics that often come to mind for me too.

With these thoughts flying through my head, I can't ever just let go and be in the moment.

One of the biggest NT flaws, imo.
It's an acquired taste too.
Earlier in life, "being in the moment" can seem almost repulsive due to its thoughtlessness.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I'd love to just be in the moment whenever, but it just doesn't work out. I can't seem to do it unless I've just been in a life threatening situation or maybe been on some sort of drug.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think about loads of stuff all at once. I noticed how bad it was this last week as i had a physics exam today and a maths exam last thursday and i realised about 20 in total that part of my mind was thinking about other total random stuff. Heres a list of stuff i thought about during my exams (both at SQA AH level which is about 1rst year uni in most countries):

This years school show
My sister
Conn Iggulden books - which i strongly recomend as they are great.
Two old friend who I no longer really talk too
The differences between my style of thinking and my friends style of thinking (hes an ISTp) and which would be better in this exam situation.
Black Holes
Spending a gap year property developing
The effects of red rooster a higher energy and caffine drink
The effects of eating the same thing for dinner and the next mornings breakfast
University courses
Why differentiating the formula for volume of a sphere 4/3Pi(r^3) gives 2x the formula for area of a circle 2Pi(r^2)

Its no wonder both exams were tight for time even if not very hard.