First 456

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Those go together like peanut butter and chocolate.

MBTI
    ENTP

No one thing, I couldn't even give a rough sketch because it could be literally anything from one moment to the next, and I don't plan it!

From pop stars' haircuts to molecular physics, from recipes to mysticism, photography to local history, it doesn't matter, could be absolutely anything but whatever it is, you can bet I'm trying ways to fit it into the cosmos and the stuff I already know, and figuring how it alters the bigger picture, whatever new info I take in or new stuff I figure out.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

I've noticed that people whom I don't know well are often frustrated when they try to hold a conversation with me. I'll make a random observation, and somehow they'll extrapolate that for me to have made such a comment, it must be a topic of particular interest for me. And no, it's just a passing detail on my way to this other observation. And no, that's not of particular interest to me either; I just mention it because it reminds me of this other thing. And no, that's not The Thing That I'm Really Interested In, either.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    I've noticed that people whom I don't know well are often frustrated when they try to bold a conversation with me. I'll make a random observation, and somehow they'll extrapolate that for me to have made such a comment, it must be a topic of particular interest for me. And no, it's just a passing detail on my way to this other observation. And no, that's not of particular interest to me either; I just mention it because it reminds me of this other thing. And no, that's not The Thing That I'm Really Interested In, either.
    I find that a good shrug does wonders for these situations.

I notice the same though. I say some fact that just came up and some people immidiatly start to hammer that subject then in one way or another. And when I then don't respond back sufficiently they're like "Grr.". And I'm like *shrug*.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP

I've noticed that people whom I don't know well are often frustrated when they try to hold a conversation with me. I'll make a random observation, and somehow they'll extrapolate that for me to have made such a comment, it must be a topic of particular interest for me. And no, it's just a passing detail on my way to this other observation. And no, that's not of particular interest to me either; I just mention it because it reminds me of this other thing. And no, that's not The Thing That I'm Really Interested In, either.
    Will you quit with these amazingly incisive and well put summaries of my life experience already? :steam:

Yeah... you say something and forget about it ten minutes later, no attachment to it whatsoever. Next thing you know, someone's introducing you to someone else: "This is substitute, he's into bell-ringing". Huh? Wha..? No I'm not! Whatever gave you that idea? "Oh, you're always on about it" Uhhh, oh you mean ONCE I made an observation that the common use in comedy of the bloke who gets pulled up with the rope cos he forgets to let go isn't actually physically possible?

Next thing: "This is substitute, he's into physics and science and stuff"

Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

A tie between "possibilities" <<connected>> "personal/social 'areas of improvement'", and
    ^^connected^^"the dynamic between life/death."

Where's a triangle diagram when ya need one?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I also obsess about everything I may have ever done wrong since I was three years old. That's always fun.
    WHY DIDN'T THE REF CALL THE HANDBALL!? I PRACTICALLY SPIKED IT!

Still haunts me to this day.

I feel dirty.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Anyone thinks about how the human brain works and future technology?

The way the human brain works is far more accurate than the MBTI theory.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Anyone thinks about how the human brain works and future technology?

The way the human brain works is far more accurate than the MBTI theory.
    I've actually had a really KICK ASS idea for a story revolving around that subject. Disclaimer: If anyone steals it, I'm going to sue you for intellectual property rights.

All right, so, we've got people who have these little slots (for lack of a better description) on the back of their head, where society will then place a chip into. The chip will contain an extremely advanced artificial intelligence program that will monitor all of your cognitive functions as well as your physical ones and then MODIFY everyone's thoughts in 100% subtle ways to meet their everyday needs and potentially turn everyone into Brave New World-esque drones of happy, "pneumatic" people. There will people who will undoubtedly have issues with this technology, but it will still alter their thoughts so subtly that the people who are being monitored will never be able to differentiate between when they were and were not being monitored.

Example of how this monitoring would work: If a person needs more protein or whatever in their diet, the chip would modify their brain processes, so instead of thinking something like, "Mmm, I want pizza tonight," they will instead think something like, "Ooo, a run followed by a cold shower and chicken stir fry sounds AMAZING."
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;