User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Why people do the things they do (encompasses psychology, sociology, anthropology, history, etc)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Those are the things I most often think about. Topics such as what other people think about me or my opinion on the movie I saw the other day tend to be secondary. The frequency of what I think about on that list is pretty much ordered by how its listed though the first three tend to clump together.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

Banned

Systems, systems, systems. Mostly biological.

I think about the interconnectedness of systems, connections between various components (such as people or planets) within a given system, the influence of systems on organisms, and the organization of systems.

Every once in a great while I think about sex...but generally in terms of its function within the system.
    Last edited by juggernaut; 05-27-2009 at 11:20 AM.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

The future.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

worrying about my personal and my children's future...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

It kind of changes with what I'm doing. It really depends on what is going on in my environment. I like to think about philosophical things, such as the universe and how people love, but it has to be in the right environment. I do think interpersonal relationships are a very common presence in my head. People are the most common source of stress for me. I spend a lot of time just trying to understand.

Sex, too.. love thinking about sex.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I usually think of why society is the way it is and why all the norms we consider normal are "normal". I also tend to think a lot about motivations of people.

With these thoughts flying through my head, I can't ever just let go and be in the moment.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    whatever springs to mind really. usually by conscious object association or by intuitive memory followed by association.
    That.

My mind is constantly springboarding.

Lots of trying to incorporate details and experiences and newly acquired info into a broader understanding of "life," though; that's always been the gist... understanding life as a comprehensive entity/system.

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    I usually think of why society is the way it is and why all the norms we consider normal are "normal". I also tend to think a lot about motivations of people.
    Yeah, those are more specifics that often come to mind for me too.

With these thoughts flying through my head, I can't ever just let go and be in the moment.
    One of the biggest NT flaws, imo.
    It's an acquired taste too.
    Earlier in life, "being in the moment" can seem almost repulsive due to its thoughtlessness.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I'd love to just be in the moment whenever, but it just doesn't work out. I can't seem to do it unless I've just been in a life threatening situation or maybe been on some sort of drug.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I think about loads of stuff all at once. I noticed how bad it was this last week as i had a physics exam today and a maths exam last thursday and i realised about 20 in total that part of my mind was thinking about other total random stuff. Heres a list of stuff i thought about during my exams (both at SQA AH level which is about 1rst year uni in most countries):

This years school show
    My sister
    Conn Iggulden books - which i strongly recomend as they are great.
    Two old friend who I no longer really talk too
    The differences between my style of thinking and my friends style of thinking (hes an ISTp) and which would be better in this exam situation.
    Black Holes
    Spending a gap year property developing
    The effects of red rooster a higher energy and caffine drink
    The effects of eating the same thing for dinner and the next mornings breakfast
    University courses
    Why differentiating the formula for volume of a sphere 4/3Pi(r^3) gives 2x the formula for area of a circle 2Pi(r^2)

Its no wonder both exams were tight for time even if not very hard.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!